Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. N S VahiaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I don't know whether to call my problem depression, jealousy or stubborn. I am having a friend who is best friend to me. I am also a very good friend to her but I don't feel my importance in her life any more since the time she became close to one of my other friend. They use to chat at least one hour daily. And I don't know what to say after 10 min. I feel that I am not good enough to be her best friend as the other guy. I tried to break there friendship (not a good hearted deed I know) but they became even more close. I asked her not to talk to him she said-" he has not done anything wrong, is a good person and I love talking to him moreover he has not taken your place but has created his own" I REALLY UNDERSTAND THAT. And don't want to break there friendship from heart. But I was so depressed so stubborn that I taunted her for ruining my life every time we talked. Then too she tried to make every thing right. Now time has come that I loose my mental stability when ever I seen them both online at the same time and say something that ruin my friendship even more. I just can't control it. I don't want to say any thing but I feel restless I breath heavily my heart goes heavy blood pumping in my head. I want to control it please help.
I LOST MY HUSBAND BEFORE 5 MONTHS. HE DIED DUE TO LIVE failure. I have only one son who is affected very much of his daddy's death. He has gone out of house staying in with her grand parents. He says that I am the person who makes his dad die? Did a wife do like this. I explained him so may time that he died due to drinking and smoking. Pls suggest some ways to get my back my son to home. I feel very lonely in my house without my husband and son. I am in big stress.
I am mentally not stable. I forget things easily, can't take decision on my own. All time I think of one thing of loosing of one person in my life I am not able to forget what happened in my past life. What should I do?
My Spouse has the habit of getting away, & asking for even Suicide.in small things, not happening as per her thoughts/Acceptance, very short tempered, 9 She does not have parents, Age 45, got recently married. Myself being calm & quiet, always try best to keep her happy. Still I am worried. Please advice a solution/Medicine/Cure.
I am a 2nd year engineering student. I feel so tired after returning home from college at evening and can't concentrate on my studies. Sometimes I get mentally disturbed too. I want to study hard so please help me out of this.
My voice is decreasing day by day but their is no pain or no irritation in/out of my throat, what should I do?
Dear Sir, I am 21 years old, still pursuing academics Since last years I hav been suffering frm depression and I'm on tranquilizers since den. I used to watch porn quite often and used to stare at every girl/lady I come across with sexual intentions. Literally you can say I was a sex maniac I want to know if watching porn was major reason for my depression and please suggest me how do I control testosterone levels. A line in reply frm you wil be appreciated.
Sir. I,M mentally disturb. Jb Jyada stress hota h to m andar se kapne lgti hu. Ye problem mujhe phle v tha bt bich me tick ho gya tha or ab phir se start ho gya h.m sant rhne ki try krti hu pr koi n koi bat mere mind me ghumte rhta h or m disturb rhne lgi hu. Chahkr v m sant nhi ho pati hu n hi tck se so pati hu. Nind aati hi nhi h.sir.m bahut paresan hu please help me.
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
I have a stammering problem since last 2 years. I'm not able to attend any interviews for this problem . Can you please help me out.
Hi doctor I am nizam and my question is how to lose our bodyweight, And how to increase our memory power?
I panic and worry over small situation that leads to instead sweating, headache and constipation. Any solution?
I pavan asking question related to hair fall Due to tensions and pollutions my hair is falling in numerous count and my hair clourbis turning into white What is the solution for it?
Sir my mom is very tensed she has depression problem about she has very low blood in body doctor suggested to eat fruits and juices but I want to know about any syrup for increasing blood in body fast ?
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.