Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Avoid cold diets, ice cream, curd, sour things, spicy items, fruits, etc. And take fresh ginger piece and tulasi leaves 4; 5, and prepare paste add two spoon of honey and take every day morning and evening
As the month of ramazan begins muslims will indulge in fasting from sunrise to sunset for a month. Here are some health tips that will help during this month.
1. Please make sure you have sufficient food to help you atleast in the early hours of fast. Make sure you dont eat too oily or spicy food as this may cause heartburn and acidity later in the day.
2. Make sure you drink lots of water. Atleast 1 liter of water will help you during the day
3. If you area diabetic you can take your medications before food in the morning. However you should look out for hypoglycemia if you dont have enough food.
4. Hypoglycemia or low sugar can occur in diabetics. Hence it is advisable to look out for sweating, shivering, giddiness, loss of conciousness. If any of these occur you must take some sugar immediately otherwise low sugar can lead to loss of conciousness, coma and even death.
5. Diabetics with poor sugar control and people on insulin should be extremely cautious about the risk of low sugar and high sugar. Please ensure you check your blood sugar atleast twice a day or when you develop symptoms of hypoglycemia.
6. The key to diabetics fasting is that you should eat enough in the morning to help you through the day but in small quantities enough to control your sugar levels.
7. Taking a short walk is good after morning food.
1. Please dont indulge in breaking the fast by taking high calorie food such as soft drinks, fried items and excessive sweets.
2. Eat in instalments of 1-2hour gaps as sudden consumption of snacks and dinner in a short span will overload your blood with glucose.
3. A walk after iftar is good for digestion and metabolism.
4. Eat food atleast 2 hours before going to sleep.
5. The tendency to overeat is high after fasting. You can avoid this by taking lots of salads and fruits.
6. If you are a diabetic you must make sure that after breaking your fast you can take your medications 30 minutes before dinner.
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.