Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. N M PedgaonkarYour feedback matters!
I have severe acne and hairfall problem. Also my skin is too oily. I'm allergic to certain foods which triggers my oil secretion and starts acne and hairfall of a sudden. The eatables I found out as of yet are coffee, soda drinks, sugar, cheap oil (used in street foods), poha, namkeen etc. How to know specifically what I'm allergic to and what diet I should follow? Please help.
How I can remove my under eye circle is there any medicine or cream available which can be helpful to reduce or remove the under eye circle?
I am decided to wear braces for teeth but my dentist want to remove two upper teeth and two lower teeth But my friends saying that by removing teeth it effects your eye. Is it true it causes any effect on eye, it effects any another body part or it causes any effect on future?
I want to loss some weight I tried many medicines n all please suggest me some good medicines for that n exercises I tried many of doctors but still feeling bor.
How to reduce weight I don't eat that much I just eat one time a day that to in very small amount I am living in a hostel and my weight or fat is genetic my whole family is fatty. I need to reduce my weight because of that my periods are irregular.
Hello sir, hitting gym is for health are not. My friend is saying that if you do gym regularly during middle age wear & tear of bone joints will occur. Is it true?
I am a 49 years female. I never had bp problem. For the last 20 days my bp is increased and it is constantly between 90-100 lower limit and upper limit 127 to 140. I have missed my periods also by 25 days. May be this is the period of menaupuse. Is this trend of bp is dangerous and please let me know if I need any medication?
How to remove dark marks from face it's listed my confidence to go ahead in life I have lots of talent but can use it.
I have burning when I urinate and also some pain and my urine is drak in in colour. What is the cause.
I am 32 years old man. I like participating in marathon running. I have participated in 10 km run. I want to participate in 25 k run. I require your valuable suggestion how can I prepare for this. I run 3 days in a week .i can make it on regular basis. Please advice. My height is 5.11 and weight is 80 kgs.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.