Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.K. Vig
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N.K. VigYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant of 5 month. I have cough and cold. Please tell me a cough syrup which is safe during pregnancy.
Tomatoes are integral part of indian cooking and diet. This sweet-sour fruit, which is used as a vegetable, has multiple health benefits. It helps build immunity against several ailments because of its rich nutrient content.
8 health problems tomatoes will guard you against.
1) cancer - tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin c. They help fight the formation of free radicals that are said to cause cancer.
2) blood pressure - while someone suffering from blood pressure needs to lower their sodium level, it is also a good idea to increase the level of potassium in the blood. This can be done by eating tomatoes.
3) heart - tomatoes have fiber, potassium and vitamin c, all of which are very good for the heart.
4) diabetes - tomatoes are good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Type 1 patients are known to have lower blood glucose level because of the fiber intake and type 2 patients can improve insulin, lipids and blood sugar levels with tomato consumption.
5) skin - tomatoes act as one of the best anti-tan solutions for the skin. It has vitamin c which is essential for collagen which in turn is the skin's support system. The vitamin c acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent damages caused by sun, smoke and pollution. It also smoothes wrinkles, improving overall skin health.
6) constipation: one should eat food that is high in fiber and water content. Tomato is just the kind of food. It adds bulk to the stool, keeps us hydrated and facilitates regular bowel movements.
7) pregnancy - pregnant women are advised to consume tomatoes due to its rich iron, vitamin c and folic acid reserves. Folic acid from the fruit protects the newborn from neural tube defects.
8) depression - tomatoes are known to help in depression. The folic acid in tomatoes prevents homocysteine, (that prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain), from forming in excess in the body. Due to this control, mood is regulated and sleep & appetite are normalised.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My menstrual cycle is usually late by 8 to 10 days. I got married in the month of June 2015. From Oct 2015, in my menstrual period 1st 4 days, there will be no much bleeding. But after that up to 10 days bleeding will continue and more bleeding will occur. Then it will stop. This month my cycle started 12 Jan 2016 and more bleeding is still continues. I don't feel more weakness, but some time feeling weak. I am scared. Please advise what should I do to stop bleeding.
She has thyroid problem and has got tsh test done in February and was found to be 8.5 .she has problems in having periods on time and taking medicine of 25 mg . Moreover she is not able to reduce her weight.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.