Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N H TandonYour feedback matters!
My mother has a sharp pain in her veins of leg from knee to foot fingers for last one year. We examine her sugar, thyroid, etc. All reports are normal. Now she is not able to stand also. Can you suggest any thing? Please!
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is most vital since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga. As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina (ruja) and angio-obstruction (vata dosa). Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
1. Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
2. Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
3. Removing Ama (arterial plaque) from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to flush out the arterial plaque that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
4. Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How to Control Hair Loss Through Ayurveda?
I'm 18 year old guy I smoke & when I run then my heart beats fastly & I can't breath normally who to get come over from it please help me THANK YOU.
I am suffering with pain a little bit for 2 or 3 minutes in heart why? What should I do for this. One day I contact a person ayurvedic doctor he said there a walls problem in the heart What should I do.
My sugar level and blood pressure is on high level. I also take medicines and insulins regularly. How I control that.
My blood pressure change frequently low occurs and I feel very weak during this condition, please give any solution.
Good evening, I've been suffering from thyroid for 10 years, it is increasing day to day, at present am taking 150 4 days 250 3 days, could you please give suggest a good doctor in hyderabad?
Many India household grow Tulsi or Basil Plant as traditional practice.
Apart from being worshipped, it’s also used in a variety of cures.
How to use:
Skin Diseases: Tulsi leaf juice taken internally and applied externally
Cold & stomach upset: Leaf paste with milk
Guard against Malaria: A decoction of 15-20 leaves taken along with pepper powder
Fever & Chest Pain: Twenty leaves crushed and mixed in 2 cup water, boiled to 1 cup; add to this 15 gm mishri and two teaspoon honey. Take two table spoons 4 times a day
Headache: Mix 10-15 leaves with four cloves and a little dry ginger, Grind and apply on forehead.
Longevity, rejuvenation: 7 Leaves eaten along with water every morning on an empty stomach continuously for 108 Days
The Plucking Ritual
The Indian civilization believes, as scientists have proved, that plant also has a sense of feel.
While plucking flowers or leaves, violence should be avoided. One should only pluck the required amount of leaves. No leaves are to be plucked after sunset and its best to water a plant before doing so.
My wife (33) suffers from sharp chest pain not continuously but only then and there, vomit sensation also occurs sometimes. Also there is a gradual weight loss since 2-3 months. Pls advise on my question.
My HBAIC is 8.4, TSH 1.10, GLUCOSE FASTING 138, TOTAL CHOLESTERAL 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDL CHOLESTEROL 63 mg/dlhips is 8.4, TSH 1.10, GLUCOSE FASTING 138, TOTAL CHOLESTERAL 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDLcholesterol 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDL CHOLESTEROL 63 mg/dl The medicines are AZULIX 1 MF FORTE - TWO TABLETS PER DAY, TELEKAST F - ONE TABLET PER DAY AND RAPILIF D 8/0.5 PER DAY Please inform me whether these medicines can control my sugar and also cure my prostrate. With kin regards,
I am suffering from cough Singh last night. I also have chest pain due to cough. What should be done?
How to keep blood pressure normal and what type of food and diet is required so also which exercise is suitable for bp.
Hello, my father is suffering from low bp, what should they do to increase bp to normal level, and is! sugar is harmful to him?
What is hypertension?
Blood pressure is defined as the measure of force which is exerted by the arterial blood on the arterial blood vessels. Damage can occur if the pressure is constantly high over time. This results in the stretching of the arterial walls beyond their threshold and the tissues of the arteries get damaged. Blood pressure is recorded as a ratio of two numbers. The higher number represents the systolic pressure (used to measure the pressure in the ventricles when it relaxes) and the lower one is the measure for diastolic pressure (used to measure the pressure during ventricular relaxation). Going by medical guidelines, you are diagnosed with hypertension if your blood pressure goes over 140 over 90 mmHg. Not treating hypertension over a long span of time can lead to end-organ damage and ultimately, death.
Other problems associated with high blood pressure are-
Alternative medicines that can help cure hypertension
- BASIL: Basil is a herb that when incorporated in food can make it delicious. It can be added to a variety of food items and cuisines. It can also help lower high blood pressure levels. This is enough reason to add a dash of basil leaves to your food when you cook.
- CINNAMON: Cinnamon is again used as a seasoning in a lot of dishes and there is not much effort one has to take in order to incorporate it into their regular diet. The consumption of cinnamon is seen to be beneficial, especially in people with hypertension. You can make an effort to incorporate more cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling some in your oatmeal, breakfast cereal or coffee.
- CARDAMOM: This seasoning is very common in India, most prominently in the south Indian states. Studies investigating the effects of cardamom have shown that incorporating cardamom in your food for several months has positive effects on the blood pressure by reducing it. You can add cardamom in the form of seeds or powder in your soups and stews. Cardamom goes well if sprinkled on baked goods as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.