Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My father has rectal cancer stage 3b. Doctor did ultra low anterior resection surgery. But after 17 days that puss started to form on rectus and the stitches which got followed by high fever. So he dis that bypass surgery changing his excretion way from anus this stomach. After that he was not getting fever. But now after 7 days again he got fever and yesterday a lot of waste matter got collected in a bag which is connected to his stomach (not in the colostomy bag) and to doctor is saying this is due to catabolism and his tissues are breaking down and coming out which is a serious issue and because of that reason his body is not recovering. His stitches are not yet removed. He is saying that no particular medicine is available to correct catabolism. The only way is to give good nutrition -- any suggestions about that? And right now he was receiving albumin and suddenly he started to feel extremely cold that he got into a half dead situation. The duty doctor put off the albumin (he has received albumin before 4 times) and now he has 102 fever. He has swelling in his feet too. Please give some suggestions. What we should do. He is admitted in hospital from 25 days now.
Hello, my dad is 87 years old and he is complaining of slight swelling at the prostrate side and urine has a tinge of milkiness, he has slight pain as well. What could be the reason, what should we do.
I have prostate gland enlargement effecting my urination. I have got it verified that it is not cancerous. If i were to get the gland removed , how is it going to effect my body ?
My cousin had noticed that he has cancer at stage of 3. The doctor planned to give radiation therapy. After that, a surgery to keep colostomy bag. He is 23 years old. Doctor asked him to save his sperms for future. Is there any possibility to avoid keeping colostomy bag?how long will he lead his life?
I have a enlarged prostate , since few days back I am feeling burning sensation after urine flow. what does it signify and remedy cure for the same.
Dear sir, I have been smoking since 7 years and till now I'm smoking. How to avoid smoking? After how many years do cancer occur in a body?
Meri gf ka breast thora jada hi full gaya hai o usko thora kam krna chahti hai uska age 21 and hight 5 inch hai if kuch home remidies hai ya koi fruit khane se kam hoga to please suggest me.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult your surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.