Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mustafa ParekhYour feedback matters!
I have undergone Vitrectomy for the retinal detachment that I suffered. The surgeon has put oil behind retina which needs to be removed. Operation was successful but the vision is very poor. I am undergoing two painful sessions of laser treatment for welding the retina in place. This will be followed by anther surgery to remove the oil and replace it with gas. All these things are very painful, costly and the end result is very poor. I am 70 year old male. My other eye is good and there is no functional disturbance. Should I undergo the second operation for replacing oil with gas? Will the second operation improve my vision? Kindly guide me. The total cost of two operations is 1.25 lac.
I am having a severe cough. Even at I was unable to sleep. My eyes are soo paining and I can't take any food since my neck is paining and my ears are so irritating me.
I have a severe pain in my abdomen as I cannot tolerate the pain anymore so can you please help me out for that. Also I cannot see with my eyes because of motiyabind.
Sir actually when I study for morw than 3 hours continuously. My eyes get weaken. So is this serious or usual.
Drs, I have an eyes problem. I am wearing specs since last 7 years. My eyes are totally blur. I can not see nothing without specs. Now I am 17 years old. What should I do. Pls help me doctors.
Question is relates to my eyes problem. From the last one year i am suffering from some allergy or may be coz of diabetes, A absus form in circular motion and it takes 4-5 days to drain out the puss from that absus. Again and again its happening from the last one year. Some people says a word "gawandiyaan ho gayee aapko" i am applying drops "Moxyfloxacin" on requalr basis. Eyes do pain a lot and bulky coz of puss forms on absus. Kindly suggest me. I already did a culture of that puss but nothing found seriously
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.