Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mustafa PareekYour feedback matters!
Have pain in my eyes. I feel that there is some dust particle in my eyes but there is no particle. Also I feel itching on the corners of my eyes. Also I do not have any number in both my eyes.
My eye site get low -1.75 then I use itone eye drop then it come -1.50 if I use this eye drop regularly will my eyes cure.
What can help me to reduce piercing sensation in the corners of my eyes near the nose? These piercing sensations are temporary but sometimes intermittent. Is this cause for concern? Is it a by-product of some other inherent ailment?
I had been using glass for past three years and still I feel my eye sight is getting worse day by day. So, please suggest me a alternate way to enhance my eye sight. Kind of diet I should follow etc.
My eyes are always red in colour even I have a good sleep but my eyes are always red what I have to for it?
My eyes are always very tired inspite of good sleep. I consulted ophthalmologist but she said that. Every thing is normal n perfect. I am still facing problems in my eyes. I hav microcytic normochromic anemia. I am facing difficulty in my studies becoz of my eyes.
I have a eye problem in a weak. In a small piece bit of woods fell in my eye. I cannot out of my eye. My weight 63 kg. Please give out of solution in my problem.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
I got to know that I am having keratoconus in my eyes at the age of 13 we were recommended to move for c3r surgery to stop the progression .But as my age goes on increasing I faced many problem like double vision and blueness. Now I am 19 years old doing engineering with cse bring facing much problem in sitting front of computer and multiple vision and blurnss. What to do next. As blueness is increasing as age progressing. please help.
How I Increase my weight fastly my age is 17 and my eyes also week so pls tell me how am I see without glass.
I am a 24 year old female and I have shortsightness since childhood and sight is increasing in each check up.
A girl in my class. She's been showing me signs of love by eye contacts and flirting. There was a problem between me and his friends but now everything is fine but we don't talk. I can't focus on my studies because of her. I think about her. My family wants me to think more about my career than any other thing. What should I do?
I have red eyes from 10 days what prescription. Or tablet should. I take to solve this problem any solutions for it.
I have a red eyes for 3days. What should I do for its cureness. I m facing a big problem. Please help me. I will be yhankfil to you.
I have red eyes in after 15 days but when I wash the face, so my eyes is normal I means not an red its is a true situation. please provide any tips.
My eyes look fade yellow. Even I am a healthy person. Please tell me what type of diet I should take so it looks bright clean?
I am 21 year old I have eye problem and I want to remove my glasses eye vision is (-1,-1) I am not interested to wear glass due to this my hair fall and thicker.
I am 35Yr old Male, I have been having reoccurring eye infection since last few months. I used few drops, but it help for a week or two, then it comes again. What should I do?
How to maintain good eye health
1. Eat for good vision
Protecting your eyes starts with the food on your plate. Nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins c and e might help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts, studies show. Regularly eating these foods can help lead to good eye health:
Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and collards
Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
Eating a well-balanced diet also helps you maintain a healthy weight, which makes you less likely to get obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in adults.
2. Quit smoking
Smoking makes you more likely to get cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration. If you've tried to quit smoking before and started smoking again, keep trying. The more times you try to quit smoking, the more likely you are to succeed.
3. Wear sunglasses
The right kind of sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Too much UV exposure makes you more likely to get cataracts and macular degeneration.
Choose sunglasses that block 99% to 100% of both uva and UVB rays. Wraparound lenses help protect your eyes from the side. Polarized lenses reduce glare when driving.
Diabetic macular edema
If you wear contact lenses, some offer UV protection. It's still a good idea to wear sunglasses for more protection, though.
4. Use safety eyewear
If you work with hazardous or airborne materials on the job or at home, wear safety glasses or protective goggles every time.
Certain sports such as ice hockey, racquetball, and lacrosse can also lead to eye injury. Wear eye protection (such as helmets with protective face masks or sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses) to shield your eyes.
5. Look away from the computer screen
Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause:
Trouble focusing at a distance
Neck, back, and shoulder pain
Taking the following steps to protect your eyes:
Make sure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up-to-date and adequate for computer use.
Some people may need glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eyestrain when using a computer.
Position your computer so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
Try to avoid glare on your computer from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.
Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
If your eyes are dry, blink more.
Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.
6. Visit your eye doctor regularly
Everyone, even young children, should get their eyes examined regularly. It helps you protect your sight and see your best.
Eye exams can also find some eye diseases, such as glaucoma, that have no symptoms. It's important to find these diseases early on when they're easier to treat.
Depending on your eye health needs, you can see either an optometrist or an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can provide general eye care, treat eye diseases, and perform eye surgery.
Protect your eyesight when you have diabetes
A comprehensive eye exam might include:
Talking about your personal and family medical history
Taking vision tests to see if you have nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism (a curved cornea that blurs vision), or presbyopia (age-related vision changes)
Tests to see how well your eyes work together
Eye pressure and optic nerve tests to check if you have glaucoma
External and microscopic examination of your eyes before and after dilation
You might also need other tests.