Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mustafa KhokhawalaYour feedback matters!
My sister is 16 years old and she has been diagnosed with Blood and Urine Infection. She has a high fever and headache from last few weeks. We got her tests done and her resorts are: ESR test report 96, Red Blood Cells 40-50, Pus cells 10-15. Please let me know what medicines and Precautions we need to take care. Is this something serious? Regards, Bhawna Sharma.
I'm married. 21 years old. I'm suffering from urinary infection. Using condom is the reason of urinary infection?
I am suffering from much urine out going in 24hrs approx 12 to 14 times urine out please give me the suggestion for this problem.
I have noticed that when I masturbate. I have faced urine problem after 3 to 4 days like I feel urge to urinate again and again however urine not come or if come it is very slow and in very low quantity. Can you tell me cause and solution. Should I stop it or not.
I am not satisfied with your answer that 1.2 drop urine can't stopped I think it's major sexual problem.
Creatinine is 5.2 mg / dl, does it mean permanent failure of kidney? How long it will take to recover to normal creatinine? What's the risk level? Which food should be ignored & which food to be taken to recover creatinine to normal?
I'm 44 yrs old female n im getting urinary tract infection so please suggest me any thing so I cld get rid of it.
I'm 23 year old male (Currently staying in bangalore), From last 8 months while sitting on the toilet tub small white substance is passing through the urin and i'm very scared and shy to consult doctors about this issues. Please help me with this issues. Please tell me surgery is needed or can cure with tablets. I'm very scared about this and i'm from Bangalore so how can I contact doctors over the phone or gmail.
With studies over internet I understand I have phimosis problem. I got married one month ago. Last night we decided to have sex, everything was going good, but when I inserted in her, blood started to come from my penis, it stopped but whenever im urinating little blood coming please help me wat to do will this be a serious issue for me henceforth.
I got my urine checked. LEUKOCYTES read as 4-5, there is urine infection. Please advise with medication. Other parameters are negative.
About one month ago I was suffering with the skin allergy. I went to the dermatologist and I went to the Gen. Physician also with kidney function test. Details are as under: Test Report Normal range 1. Sodium: 142 (137 - 145) 2. Potassium: 4.1 (3.5 - 5.1) 3. Urea: 12 (19 - 43) 4. Creatinine 1.1 (0.8 - 1.5) I am worried whether I have any kidney problems?
My 5yr old son has urine infection with10 lacs count perml. Is it very serious. There is little swelling in bladder. What should we do now. Please suggest us.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many a times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Excruciating pain in the back
- Pain while urinating
- Tendencies to vomit
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided.