Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MuntajYour feedback matters!
Asexuality is a sexual identity, rather than as a biological entity. Asexuality in the world of biological reproduction means that a single organism can produce offspring identical to the parent. But in terms of human sexuality, it simply means a person feels no sexual attraction. The important thing to remember when trying to understand asexuality is that people who identify as such are not different from you, aside from the fact that they more accurately, don't experience sexual attraction.
Asexual people can become sexual later in life, and that doesn't mean they were not asexual before. Similarly, sexual people can become asexual. Approximately about 4-5% are known to be asexual in india however, there needs to be more research to authenticate the same. Asexuality is a sexual orientation that means a person feels no sexual attraction to people of any gender. However, a person who identifies as asexual can still choose to have sex, can still love, can still be involved with a romantic partner or get married, and can still engage in normal relationships. Asexuality doesn't describe what a person chooses to do, but rather how a person feels.
Asexual people have emotional needs, feel attraction to others, and can even feel arousal: they just don't feel sexual attraction.
Asexuality is not the same as having a low libido, which can be caused by medical or health issues, nor is it the same as repressing one's sexual desires or having past sexual abuse. As with any sexual orientation, the label asexual is a generalization that doesn't explain or represent everyone who identifies that way. All humans are unique and individual, and sexual orientation exists on a spectrum of needs, desires, interests, and attractions.
Abstinence is the deliberate choice to refrain from sexual activity, while celibacy is the deliberate choice to refrain from sexual activity and marriage (or marriage-like relationships). These choices may be made for religious, philosophical, moral, or other reasons. Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction, but not necessarily a lack of sexual appetite (libido).
This means asexual people can be - abstinent or celibate.
Sexually active through masturbation.
Sexually active with a partner.
Asexuality is a sexual orientation that's distinct from heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, and other orientations. However, asexuality also has nothing to do with biological sex, gender identity, or gender expression. And being asexual doesn't mean you are aromantic, which means a person feels no romantic attraction to others.
Asexual people often partake in romantic partnerships or relationships, but whether a person is open to physical or sexual intimacy depends on the individual. But dating doesn't necessarily require physical or sexual interaction, and two people can develop a strong emotional or romantic relationship with or without a sexual element: intimacy is much more than just physical touching or sexual activity.
An asexual partner may or may not be open to sexual activity, so it's important to communicate so that everyone involved is on the same page. Feeling sexual pleasure is different from feeling sexual attraction, and some asexual people can enjoy sex.
Conversely, some asexual people are not interested in sex at all, and will not be open to exploring a sexual relationship. Asexuality isn't a choice or preference any more than heterosexuality and homosexuality are. Asexuality isn't a problem or disorder, and it isn't caused by abuse or violence. People who identify as asexual don't need to be fixed and aren't going to change based on the person with whom they're in a relationship.
Some people who are asexual are not interested in romantic relationships, and may just be open to close friendships or non-sexual romantic relationships.
Flatulence, loose stools
50 - 70 gm curd + 3 -5 gms Haldi/turmeric mixed it. Take it for 3 days once a day only.
My wife is pregnant for 5 months as of now. My colleges advised me to have sex from this month onwards. Is it advisable that I can have sex now? Kindly suggest.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest.
Sir my wife is pregnant and its blood only 8 gram and She has more stomach ache everyday and more pain in head hand and whole body part what I do tell me the solution?
Before mensuration time I have to go through an unbearable pain in my back and stomach. Please advice me if the same can be reduced.
I am using frrpil kit according to doctor suggestion today is my day 14, in scanning report came as one egg ruptured and another egg size is 19mm what does the meaning ? please advice
If her blood is b- and his husband blood a+ and first baby blood group is also a- then their is problem in second baby birth is any risk.
Can virgin become pregnant if boy ejaculates near her vaginal part without penetrating into her and without breaking her hymen.
I went to my gynaec for a checkup this month as i'm trying to conceive frm d past 6 months. All my reports r normal. According to my follicular study I ovulated on d 25th day of my cycle. She asked me to have intercourse for 3 days. Every month after ovulation I have pain in my breasts. And I end up having my periods. This month too I have started wid d pain 5 to 6 days after ovulation. Does this mean I have not conceived this month also? please help im really worried.
I am unable to conceive, got some tests done in which it came that my serum prolactin is high. What is it due to and how can it be cured? Please advise.
Hi Doctor, I am from AP, a diabetic type 2 patient since 2010. Got lately married at around 38 years age (Aug 2016). My wife's age 36 and conceived recently (3 weeks before). My wife working as staff nurse in a govt. Hospital doing rotational shifts is not taking proper food. Recently I got her tested for complete blood picture. Her Hemoglobin levels are 8.4 below the normal range. Please suggest some iron and folic acid combination supplement during first trimester of pregnancy. My father aged 68, diabetic and my mother non diabetic and also clarify what precautions necessary during first trimester of pregnancy in order to avoid miscarriage.
Hello docs actually this is for my gf. She is having periods today n she says its very painful. Her lower body including her legs n waist is paining. She says she can bear from tomorrow onwards but today she can't do anything. My query is there any remedy for this to ease her pain. Is there anything to worry. please give me home remedies also if possible. Thank u.waiting for your advice.
My periods started yesterday after 2 months. Last my periods begin on 15th april. The flow is very less and there is a lot of pain. What should I do?
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.