Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Munira KhampatyYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctors, My younger daughter is 8 years old, suffers occasionally from cluster sneezing (sneezes upto 5 times in one go many times everyday especially in the mornings.
We have one and half year old baby she had loose motion in 1 hours 2 times and that is also a liquid loose motion temperature of 50 degree centigrade in Ahmedabad but fortunately we have a air conditioner so she is not getting heat, giving enough water and food fruits. Recently we have given rasi. Please advice
My 6 month old baby is passing soft yellow stools 6-7 per day. Her pediatrician said she has milk indigestion as baby is on breastfeeding she recommended to stop completely and suggested lactose free milk isomil but baby is not taking any milk accept mothers milk. So please suggest.
My son is 8 years old he is too weak in health but his diet is good but don't know the problem, he is too weak.
My son is 2.5 months old baby his naval will swollen (hallow like) sometimes when breathing strongly and suddenly comes to normal stage after few seconds. He uses to urinate frequently means 15-20 times per day is this is normal please suggest.
My baby is in 2nd month. In 1st month, I fed her every 2 hrs. Should I continue that? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Hi I have a kid of 4.4 years. She is intelligent with good grasping power. The only habit which is not good that she used tell our home secrets to her bus attendant (lady). Every thing like of any fight occurred between me and my husband, if I dnt give her noodles. I can't give her noodles everyday which I do occasionally. Please help me how I can improve her this habit. Thanks.
Hi I have a three year old daughter who have cough for last 7-8 days. It is a dry cough and we had shown her to some doctor who prescribed benadryil. Her cough is not getting bettre Kindly advice
What can I give to my 6 mnth child so dat he bcm healthy and also suggest timings. Bcs mne use bina timing gap ke kch na kch khilati rhi jiski wjh se usko loose motions ho gae ha .or wo healthy bhi nhi ho raha ha.
Sir my 8 month old baby is not sleeping well Sir total he well slp mor 1 hour and afternoon 1 hour tat too disturb slp oly. I give him food fully and I check he went any urine all but nothing. Simply he keeps getting up. Night also disturb slp. Wat to do. Pls help.
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
My baby have 7 month old and today he have some red spot on her body also she very lazy now a days. Before 10 she had fever and cold.
My son's age is 3 years he had uti two months ago. His USG show hydronephrosis with visicourerater reflux. The DPTA scan show GFR 46 for right kidney and 86 for left kidney with PUJ suspected. His blood and urine test are absolutely normal. He is quite normal since last 30 days without any medicine. Is this will overcome as he grown up as some doctor saying or we should go for a surgery.
What is suvarnaprashana?
The process in which swarna bhasma (ash of gold) with other herbal extracts taken in the form of semi liquid and given to the children through their mouth is called asswarnaprashana, suvarnaprashana, swarnamritha prashana or swarna bindu prashana.
It’s a unique method of immunization which helps the children to boost up the intellectual power and produces non specific immunity in body to fight against general disorders.
It is also helpful even to the special children with autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit, hyper activity, delayed milestone etc.
For what period it should be done:
Daily dose of swarna bindu prashana should be given for minimum of 1 month to maximum of 3-6 months.
Monthly once for minimum of 30 months to maximum of 90 months on the day of pushya nakshatra (pushya nakshatra day comes once in 27 days)
Time and duration to give suvarna prashan:
Every day morning in the empty stomach or on the day of pushya nakshatra. The drops should be given by the parents to the baby in empty stomach.
Dosage of suvarna prashan drops:
Birth to 2 year – 2 drops
2 to 16 years – 4 drops
Age of children who can take suvarna prashan:
From birth up to the age of 16 years.
Benefits of suvarna prashan:-
1. Immune system towards diseases becomes stronger.
2. Increases physical strength. And growth of the baby.
3. Grasping power, analysis power and recall memory becomes sharper.
4. Improves digestive power.
5. Tones up skin colour and texture.
6. Protects the baby from different kinds of allergies.
Importance of suvarna prashan:-
Maharshi kashyapa says suvarna prashana improves intelligence, digestive fire and physical power. It gives long, spiritual, holy and saintly life. It gives rejuvenative effects and tone ups the skin. It improves immunity in a way so that the child is prevented from bacterial and viral infections. Regular use of suvarnaprashana helps in such a way that, the child gets best immunity to defeat diseases. Regular use of suvarnaprashana make child very intelligent and he can remember all heard by him.
Mode of action of suvarna prashan
Gold is considered as very precious in ayurveda. When swarna is converted into swarna bhasma as explained in ayurveda, it would possesses following properties:-
- Swarna bhasma has moisturizing & unctuous effect on body.
- It is madhura, rejuvinative and immunity booster.
- Improves complexion and growth of the body.
- Does detoxification of the body.
- Has ability to treat different fevers like vishajwara, aantra jwara and general weakness.
- It has been proved that swarna bhasma possesses anti oxidants, anti depressants, anti cancerous, antibacterial anti rheumatoid property.
- It also acts as nervine stimulant.
As we know a human brain grows rapidly in 1 to 16 years of life. Swarna bhasma accelerate the growth of brain and boost up its utilization capacity if swarna prashana is done during this phase.
Other drugs in it help to build immunity of the baby.
Also it has many benefits like improvement in concentration, grasping capacity, digestion and complexion.
Swarna bindu prashana underwent series of clinical analysis by many ayurvedic doctors and other associated hospitals. And we have found excellent results in increasing immunity and general health in a normal healthy baby.
Presentation of suvarna prashana drops:
Swarnaprashana drops are available in 5ml, 10ml presentation.
How to store the drops:
Drops should be kept in room temperature and should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Note that it should not be stored in refrigerator. Swarna prashana drops can be used for 5 years when stored in shade and in room temperature.