Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mumtaz Doongerwala
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mumtaz DoongerwalaYour feedback matters!
What are healthy foods that helps infants growth when they just started eating in 6 months around 8-9 months if baby growth is not as per WHO standards and how frequently is growth to be monitored ?
According to most experts, Depression and Diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My 8 year son is 3'4" weight 15 kg studying in std. 2. Although he is active, he is poor eater. His all internal sonography reports are normal. All necessary supplements we are giving to him but no growth in weight or height. Is there and Herbal or Ayurveda result oriented product for his height and weight growth? Please let me know so that I can have some kind of relief.
My 2.5 month old baby feed with bottle. Bec I cant produce enough breastmilk for him. He did not feed with spoon. If I sterilize bottle before and after use properly and use bpa free glass bottle then is it ok to use bottle.
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.
Dear sir/madam, I have a baby boy age 8 months 5 days,(presently 9th month running, he is active but weight is 7 kgs 7th and 8th month also same weight which type of food or syrup better to weight gain please help me Thank u.
My son age 21 month had burned his leg when he was 15 month old with hot boiling water and the whole skin had came out. Now the skin becoming hard nd become darker in some place and whiter in some place, tissue are swallowed. please suggest how to recover the normal skin and reduce the darkness and also whiteness of the skin.
Benefits of breastfeeding
- Breast milk contains the right balance of nutrients for your baby. Breast milk is easier to digest than is commercial formula.
- The antibodies in breast milk boost your baby's immune system. Breastfed babies get fewer colds and sinus and ear infections. They also have less diarrhea and constipation and a decreased chance of having allergies.
- Helps to increase the bonding with your baby
- Helps to reduce the risk of breast cancer in the mother
- No frantic runs to the store. No bottle cleanup. Many moms just roll over (especially if their baby is in a co-sleeper) and nurse in a sleepy state. Breast milk is instantly available and delivered warm.
- If you mostly breastfeed, you save money on formula
- Breast-feeding might even help you lose weight after the baby is born.
Its tough in the begining
Consider a breastfeeding class while you're pregnant. Getting baby to latch on may not feel natural. Ask for help in the hospital. Those first days, you might feel what experts call extreme tenderness -- and what we call pain. But once your baby is properly latched, discomfort should diminish during each nursing session and go away completely with time. Don't ignore shooting pain; a knot in the breast accompanied by soreness and redness could be a plugged milk duct, which can lead to mastitis, a nasty infection that requires antibiotics.
Start by getting comfortable. Support yourself with pillows if needed. Then cradle your baby close to your breast rather than learning forward to bring your breast to your baby. Support the baby's head with one hand and support your breast with the other hand. Tickle your baby's lower lip with your nipple to encourage your baby's mouth to open wide. Look and listen for a rhythmic sucking and swallowing pattern.
If you need to remove the baby from your breast, first release the suction by inserting your finger into the corner of your baby's mouth. If your baby consistently nurses on only one breast at a feeding during the first few weeks, pump the other breast to relieve pressure and protect your milk supply.
You're the food supply, so mother yourself
The nutrient needs of a woman are at an alltime high during breastfeeding. Keep taking prenatal vitamins, get ample calcium. By weight, 88% of breast milk is water. Breast milk volume increases from as little as 50 ml on the first day, to as much as 750 ml a day, when breastfeeding is well established. So, the most critical nutrient needed for the production of ample breastmilk to meet a suckling baby s demand, is water. Aim to drink at least 1.5- 2 litres/day.
You'll also need to learn to relax, however you can -- stress might affect letdown (the start of your milk flow). Take a warm shower, sink into a chair, and remember to breathe as you help your squirmy baby latch on.
Select wholesome food such as wholegrains, fruit, vegetables, low fat dairy products, lean meat, fish, poultry, eggs, beans, nuts and seeds to maximise the overall nutrient quality of your diet.If you need medication (for anything from a cold to a chronic condition), check with your doctor. Most meds -- but not all -- are fine in breast milk.
Worms are intestinal parasites, which infest human beings and in addition some animals like dogs, cats and so forth. The most common are roundworms, stick worm, tape worm and snare worms. However, here are a few homoeopathic cures for the same:
- Cina [Cina]: For the patient who is irritable, crabby, has a wiped out pale face with circles under the eyes, grinds the teeth around evening time and has convulsions. There is canine appetite or variable hunger. The kid picks his nose and shouts out in his sleep. They tend to twitch their hands and feet and have milky urine. A detectable symptom is a pale blue shading around the mouth.
- Santonine. [Sant]: The alkaloid of Cina is additionally a solution for round worms. It is not a protected cure as Cina and not anymore adequate.
- Caladium [Calad]: Very effective when worms go over the perineum and get into the vagina in young ladies, with the tendency to excite arousal.
- Teucrium. [Teucr]: It is the solution for ascarids or pinworms. There is much disturbance brought about by them in the rectum. Although, it once in a while flops in this condition. Another solution for stick worms is Sinapis nigra.
- Pigelia. [Spig]: student jolting with the paleness of the face, blue circles around the eyes, blackout, sickened feeling with nauseated feeling about the navel brought on by the nearness of worms, shows the need of Spigelia. It has stools comprising of bodily fluid, faces and worms. Put a pinch on a cloth and breathe in till the time shivering and convulsions from the worms stop.
- Ignatia [Ign]: Is effective where the kid is highly energised and has tickling and itching at the butt.
- Indigo [Indg]: Is a solution for ascarids or string worms in melancholic youngsters, with extreme pain in the umbilical locale as well as convulsions from the worms.
- Sabadilla [Sabad]: For those who have worm symptoms like nausea, heaving and colic.
- Stannum. [Stann]: Stannum so stuns the worms that they are easily dislodged by laxatives. It has many worms’ symptoms including pale indented face and eyes encircled by blue rings, Sluggish smell, unpleasing odour, bad breath and inactive fever. Stannum is very helpful in this case.
- Calcarea [Calc]: Calcarea is a very effective remedy to get rid of ringworms as it kills them and they pass through the stool.
- Cuprum oxydatum nigrum. [Cupr-o]: This cure will expel a wide range of worms, cure trichinosis, and even tapeworms. One small cap in addition with Nux vomica four or five times each day for four to six weeks, which dependably promises to cure tapeworm without bringing on the patient any discomfort whatsoever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.