Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MukundYour feedback matters!
M having a tooth pain I shown to Dr. he told it is due to cavities he said to do fillings of teeth. Is dental fillings safe for teeth m also having sensation in teeth.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
Please give me some homeopathic medicine or home made medicine for mouth ulcers. Is it curable? Please tell me.
My gums open from one teeth and teeth r yellow and more cavity prblm. How can I do my gums strong and out of cavity.
Ive been chewing tobacco since too long but now my jaws and skin has so much stiffed up that I can not open my mouth properly. If I try to do so it pains alot. My dentist told me to remove the last tooth of the upper side, Is it safe to rove upper tooth? Can it effect the brain?
Hii I have tooth ache and I want to get consultation from a good dentist please give me a dentist name near mahipalpur new Delhi.
comman signs of gum disease are-
I am suffering from mouth ulcers since a decade, it occurs frequently in a month and very painful to me. So kindly suggest me permanent solution for this.
Hello sir, I'm 22 yes old. I Brush regularly but my teeth is still yellow. What should I do And what toothpaste I should I use?
Past some years like 4 year, I get sputum in morning as I wake up. After as I spit it out, there after I don't get it again. I do drink water approximately 8 to 10 litres per day is it because of that. Please suggest me some cure.
If you don't brush and floss every day, food stays in your mouth and collects bacteria, which can cause bad breath. Food collected between the teeth, on the tongue and around the gums can also rot, leaving an unpleasant odor. Foods like garlic and onions contribute to breath odor, and once the food is absorbed into the bloodstream, it is transferred to the lungs where it's expelled. Brushing, flossing and mouthwash will only mask the odor temporarily; odors continue until the body eliminates the food.
Tobacco products are another cause of bad breath.