Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mukund AndakarYour feedback matters!
I am 23 old male today when I urinated I saw blood is there any problem contactbkebas soon as possible.
Do you know lack of fluid intake is by large a major reason for kidney stones? Adequate care taken to maintain the desired level of water intake can help prevent the formation of stones.
We strongly believe not only health care but life care.
I pass urine every 0.5 hour at night at times sometimes at an interval of 2 to 3 hours, kindly advise.
Is 27 cc volume for prostate for 28 years guy is something to worry about is this could go into prostate enlargement or prostatitis and does it require medical advice or it is some sort bacterial Information.
I am 3rd week pregnancy. I am going to urine 10to 12 times a day. Is it good or bad. N which side I should sleep. What should I take for healthy baby.
My vagina is paining and sensitive and there is blood in my urine. While urinating there is excruciating pain. Pls advise.
Pesab karne ke baad jab bathroom se nikl jate hai 1-2 min me penis se 2-4 bund pesab nikl aata ye baut salo se Ho ho raha tha par 10 din se roj ho JA raha hai.
What is the treatment for Rectal prolapse? Is any non surgical treatment availability. please inform.
I am 64 years old and recently I have path test which showed 68 blood urea level and 3.6 serum creatinine. Please advise. I have a single right kidney.
My gf suffers urinal infection after having sex, then she wanted to go for Urination. Then after she suffers from this infection.
My friend have some kidney problem could be due to stone or something. She always feel pain and sometime its horrible pain in stomach. Kindly advise some precaution and good diet so she can get relief by the pain?
I got every 5-5 mins toilet is it major issue or not My age is 23 yrs My urine color mostly like water Any problem then medicine.
I am 27 years old I am getting left side pain I kidney area and 2 years before kidney stones are there and I used cystole tabulate. Since from 4 months pain increasing. What should I have to do. Even I am drinking water regularly.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor yesterday I noticed blood in my stool and there's little pain also in my anus. I'm 30 year old male. What can be the reason for this.
Hello, I am Sandeep Behura. I have done DM from BHU. I am a consultant Nephrologists in Delhi and I am practising in Noida also. Today I am going to talk about Acute Renal Failure which is a common problem.
Acute Renal Failure is characterized by the failure of the normal function of a kidney which occurs over a short period of time. Medically speaking, there is an accumulation of Nitrogen as a waste product in the body with fatuation of electrolyte imbalance associated with retention of fluid in the body which occurs over the period of hours to days.
The aetiology of Acute Renal Failure is varied. However, it is classified into 3;
- Prerenal ARF, which constitutes majority 55% of the cases.
- Entrance adrenal ARF, which contributes to about 45% adrenal failure.
- And 5% of the causes are Postrenal ARF
Coming to the Prerenal ARF, most of the causes are following;
- Massive dead loss, like following traffic accidents or a major surgery.
- Following fluid loss like following diarrhoea, vomiting, patients having diabetes, patients with the cardiac problem may have Acute Renal Failure.
Intense Renal ARF is 2 types. These can be ischemic in nature or toxic in nature.