Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh ParekhYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have a pain in my chest. What test Should I do and what treatment should be done For it.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- Age: The risks increase over the years
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers: They ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.
I am 65 years old. I am regularly taking Statin 20 mg and ecosprin 75 mg. My gum are receding and bleeding.
I'm 65 years old and have been prescribed medicine for hypertension for the past 17 years (cardace 5 mg). I feel pressure in the chest while walking on slopes. Please advise.
My age is 57 male. My pulse rate is 42. I am having high blood pressure. For this I am taking losar 50. Blood pressure is 140/90.
I have pain in my chest I don't know the reason for it sometimes it starts bleeding then get worse I have shown it to many doctors but it was of no use. I don't know if you have any medical help for it. If you have any medical help for it please help me by giving your useful suggestions to me so that I can be free from this pain. PLEASE HELP ME FROM THIS PAIN. Help help help me help help help help.
I am 42 years male. My total cholesterol is 208 and triglycerides 155. What should be my action plan.
I am a 50 year old man. For the past 1 month, I have pain in my right shoulder which gradually stretches in the right hand and even till d fingers. What is it? is it something worrisome. 3months back I had pneumonia also but now its totally cured. My sugar is- fasting 104, after eating 144. Bp is in control as I regularly take medicine. Help would be appreciated thanks.
Dear sir, What snacks and nuts we will take at a evening time without increasing the weight. And reduce the cholesterol.
My problem is that my body structure is little bit different as it should be my chest looks like a female chest my waist is also like a girl. I feel very depressed what should I do please tell.
I am suffering from backpain and pain in the middle of the chest since 3 years. One time I fall down from the bus I think because of that only and I consulted many doctors. One doctor told that it is because of muscular pain and others tell different reasons. I am confused.
I want to know the best diet plan for high blood pressure patient like me. The food that will help me.
If you want to decrease your risk for heart disease, it may be important for you to reduce the added sugar in your diet.