Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukesh D. Sahetia
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh D. SahetiaYour feedback matters!
I have a issue, when My Penis is full erect, at the time when pulling down the penis foreskin, I am feeling pain, please suggest.
Since last 3 months, I get severe headache, I never had such problems before. I take medicine and it will go but again after a month or so it comes back and without medicine it will not go. Please help whom should I consult and what medicine will help me get rid of this headache.
It's been 1 year of marriage & I am not able to have proper sex with my wife. I have been masturbating before marriage but didn't have sex before. I am not able to have proper sex or not able to satisfied her. Ten out one time I am able to insert but ejaculates in 10 or 20 secs Now I am getting disappointed day by day. I have not taken any drug due to its side effects like Viagra etc. I feel so shameful. Help me please. Can it be cured without any side effect.
Eating good and healthy food always contributes to the overall wellbeing of a person. Same holds true for the patients suffering from ulcerative colitis (UC). Ulcerative colitis patients need certain dietary modification to bring about a change in their condition. Though this condition isn’t directly caused by the food but the frequency of flare ups is influenced by the food taken. Below mentioned is the list of foods to eat and avoid.
Food to be Consumed
Usually, for ulcerative colitis, low fibre and low residue foods are considered the best since they are easy to digest. Here is a list of foods that can be included in the diet:
- Vitamin D: This vitamin boosts the immune system to fight the risks of ulcerative colitis flare ups. Since the sun is the best source of Vitamin D, it is important that a person gets as much exposure to the sun as possible.
- Probiotics: Maintain a balance between good and bad bacteria of the gut which in turn alleviates the symptoms of this condition.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can help alleviate intestinal inflammation caused by ulcerative colitis. Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3.
- Eggs: Eggs are typically easy to digest and offer a number of nutrients which makes them one of the best choices for the patients of UC.
- Plenty of fluid: People with this condition need to drink extra fluid, as diarrhoea can lead to dehydration.
- Supplements: Dietary supplements also help in balancing the nutritional needs of a patient.
Foods to be Avoided
A patient should closely monitor what s/he is eating as the studies have revealed that the symptoms of ulcerative colitis are closely associated with diet. The following list will help you cut off the chances of UC flare ups.
- High Fibre Food: Are difficult to digest so should be cut off from the diet. It’s best to moderate the intake of fruits and vegetables with insoluble fibres.
- Oily and Fatty Foods: The greasy food can aggravate the symptoms of UC as well as can cause diarrhoea.
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods may disturb your bowel movements, so it is best to limit the intake of chillies, chilli powder, paprika, peppers etc.
- Dairy products: Patients of UC are mostly lactose intolerant. So, these patients should avoid dairy products.
- Seeds and nuts: Seeds and nuts are hard to digest, and it is best to avoid them if you are suffering from ulcerative colitis.
Ulcerative Colitis is just a disease which can be avoided by maintaining a proper diet and making few dietary modifications. One should eat smaller meals a few times per days instead of eating large ones.