Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukesh D.Patel
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh D.PatelYour feedback matters!
We got married last year. My wife got pregnant. We get to know by checking with (i-can). We get (i-can) in medical stores to check pregnancy in home. She is feeling weak. I do not want to consult doctor immediately. After 2 months I ll consult. She is weak what kind of precautions I have to take for her? Any suggestions? What kind of diet she have to take? We can do sex?
The process of sperm production is a complex one as it involves not only the perfect functioning of the testicles or testes but also the pituitary glands and the hypothalamus which is located in the brain that triggers the sperm production by producing necessary hormones. Any damage or malfunctioning of any of these organs can significantly reduce the amount of sperm produced by a male body. In India, it is a taboo to talk about male infertility, but in reality, male infertility is on the rise in India due to low sperm production.
Causes of Low Sperm Production
Several causes can be cited for low sperm production. A few prevalent ones are indicated below:
- Varicocele which is a condition in which the veins through which the sperm is drained from the testicles get swollen, and thus the quantity and the quality of the sperm get affected.
- Any infection in the epididymis or the testicles can affect the production of the sperm. There can be some permanent damage to the testicles which causes the sperm production to decrease.
- Due to an Auto immune disease where anti bodies mistakenly destroy the sperms in your own body thereby reducing sperm quantity.
- Hormonal imbalance is a common factor in male as well though it is neglected in India. The pituitary gland might not produce the hormone in the required quantity which is needed for the right amount of sperm production.
- Medication that you are using can interfere with the production of the sperm in your body as certain chemicals can alter the hormonal balance in your body thus affecting the sperm quantity.
- Rarely, a defect in chromosomes can reduce male sperm production. Known as Klinefelter’s syndrome, the male body has 2 X chromosomes instead of 1 X and 1 Y chromosome which causes abnormality in reproductive men and the organs.
The primary symptom of low sperm count is the inability to have an offspring, but there are many other symptoms as well. It has been observed that a male with low sperm count has a little or diminishing sex drive. They might not hold an erection for long or have erectile dysfunction. There can be swelling or pain in the testicles, and you may even have a lump which is a severe case. Due to hormonal disorder, there can be a decrease in the body or facial hairs.
If you have been observing a few of the symptoms mentioned above, it is better to see a doctor on the quick note. Doctors can ask for a semen test to understand the underlying problem. There are surgical as well as medical procedures to increase the sperm count and have a better sexual life.