Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mugdha WaghYour feedback matters!
My grandmother has problem in her leg. She can't move anywhere due to her pain in muscle of her leg. She take many medicine but no one works. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicine.
I feel cracking sound/popping in my joints. specially in my knees and neck and ankles. What may be cause and what should be treatment. My wife also have same problem. We take calcium tablets but no result. Problem is remaining.
Am I eligible to do liposuction. Already am suffering from umbilical hernia. Can I do liposuction when it is there?
I have pain in my lower leg when I am running which is called shin splint. So what I have to do get rid off from shin splint. Or what type of I have to take.
कमर दर्द से बचने के घरेलू उपाय --
1. रोज सुबह सरसों या नारियल के तेल में लहसुन की तीन-चार कलियॉ डालकर (जब तक लहसुन की कलियां काली न हो जायें) गर्म कर लें। ठंडा होने पर इस तेल से कमर की मालिश करें।
2. नमक मिले गरम पानी में एक तौलिया डालकर निचोड़ लें। इसके बाद पेट के बल लेट जाएं। दर्द के स्थान पर तौलिये से भाप लें। कमर दर्द से राहत पहुंचाने का यह एक अचूक उपाय है।
3. कढ़ाई में दो-तीन चम्मच नमक डालकर इसे अच्छे से सेक लें। इस नमक को थोड़े मोटे सूती कपड़े में बांधकर पोटली बना लें। कमर पर इस पोटली से सेक करने से भी दर्द से आराम मिलता है।
4. अजवाइन को तवे के पर थोड़ी धीमी आंच पर सेंक लें। ठंडा होने पर धीरे-धीरे चबाते हुए निगल जाएं। इसके नियमित सेवन से कमर दर्द में लाभ मिलता है।
5. अधिक देर तक एक ही पोजीशन में बैठकर काम न करें। हर चालीस मिनट में अपनी कुर्सी से उठकर थोड़ी देर टहल लें।
6. नर्म गद्देदार सीटों से परहेज करना चाहिए। कमर दर्द के रोगियों को थोड़ा सख्ते बिस्तर बिछाकर सोना चाहिए।
7. योग भी कमर दर्द में लाभ पहुंचाता है। भुन्ज्गासन, शलभासन, हलासन, उत्तानपादासन, श्वसन आदि कुछ ऐसे योगासन हैं जो की कमर दर्द में काफी लाभ पहुंचाते हैं। कमर दर्द के योगासनों को योगगुरु की देख रेख में ही करने चाहिए।
8. कैल्शियम की कम मात्रा से भी हड्डियां कमजोर हो जाती हैं, इसलिए कैल्शियमयुक्त चीजों का सेवन करें।
9. कमर दर्द के लिए व्यायाम भी करना चाहिए। सैर करना, तैरना या साइकिल चलाना सुरक्षित व्यायाम हैं। तैराकी जहां वजन तो कम करती है, वहीं यह कमर के लिए भी लाभकारी है। साइकिल चलाते समय कमर सीधी रखनी चाहिए। व्यायाम करने से मांसपेशियों को ताकत मिलेगी तथा वजन भी नहीं बढ़ेगा।
10. कमर दर्द में भारी वजन उठाते समय या जमीन से किसी भी चीज को उठाते समय कमर के बल ना झुकें बल्कि पहले घुटने मोड़कर नीचे झुकें और जब हाथ नीचे वस्तु तक पहुंच जाए तो उसे उठाकर घुटने को सीधा करते हुए खड़े हो जाएं।
11. कार चलाते वक्त सीट सख्त होनी चाहिए, बैठने का पोश्चर भी सही रखें और कार ड्राइव करते समय सीट बेल्ट टाइट कर लें।
12. ऑफिस में काम करते समय कभी भी पीठ के सहारे न बैठें। अपनी पीठ को कुर्सी पर इस तरह टिकाएं कि यह हमेशा सीधी रहे। गर्दन को सीधा रखने के लिए कुर्सी में पीछे की ओर मोटा तौलिया मोड़ कर लगाया जा सकता है।
Whenever I go to sleep, I could sleep for 2 to 3 hours only thereafter my back, hips and legs gets painful, please help me.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
I am 38 years old and having joint pain bone pain in leg and back pain also skin problem at neck and foot between fingers.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
Which type of problem a patent face in hernia? In the age of 78 and any other option instead of operation?
Sir/Madam I injured my shoulder 2 years ago while weight lifting in a gym. It looked like a normal strain and I underwent for physiotherapy for one and a half month. My symptoms did not improve at all. I left the gym after that. If I rest my shoulders I do not feel pain but whenever I try to do some physical activity like trying to lift something or throwing a ball while playing cricket, I feel pain and weakness in my shoulder. I feel this pain also while combing my hair and for any overhead activity. I am 26 years old. My digital xray for the same problem came out to be normal. My question is that why is my shoulder not healing at all. During sleep also I feel pain sometimes in my shoulder. What is the cure. please help.
What's the symptoms of arthritis. My mother has joint pain in all over the body kindly suggest the treatment.
I am 39 years female having joint pain. It started with left popliteal region then next day to right knee then right foot then to left knee and now having right knee swelling. I m not able to squat or bend my knees for praying. Finding it difficult to climb stairs.
Staying healthy involves a wholesome state of being where the mind and body are in perfect sync. A less than properly functioning body can leave you in a state of potential depression after a certain point of time, while a depressive mind can leave you feeling less than stellar where you end up imagining and experiencing pain. The health of your bones and joints is one such area that requires even more care as you start growing older. Wear and tear is just one of the reasons for degeneration while fractures and injuries can lead to a sudden halt of normal functioning of the bones and joints too.
So how can you ensure bone and joint health in the long run? Follow our tips!
- Eating Right: Pick calcium rich food like dairy products that have a low fat content, including milk and yogurt. Also, have a daily dose of green, leafy vegetables and plenty of citrus fruit and juices for your fill of calcium. Further, food like eggs and soybeans which have lots of vitamin D can also help in retaining good bone and joint health. Vitamin C rich fruit like watermelon, oranges, squash and tomatoes also help in natural tissue and cartilage repair. And finally, get plenty of vitamin K to retain good bone density for a prolonged period with ingredients like leafy green vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Exercise: This is the key to good bone and joint health. Much like machinery and tools, the bones and joints of your body can also wither with disuse and prolonged inactivity. Make sure that you indulge in exercises like long walks and muscle strengthening exercises which will give your joints and bones good amount of strength as well. Remember to speak with your doctor before you start a new exercise regime so that you avoid anything that may be harmful in case you have any other ailment. Low impact exercises will strengthen the spine, while fat burning and weight loss exercises will ensure that there is less pressure on the knees and lumbar area. Swimming and resistance building exercises can also be practised for these purposes.
- Abstinence: A major factor in promoting better bone and joint health is abstinence from all those things that can create problems in the long run, like smoking, drinking excessively and even too much consumption of caffeine and fatty food. All these things can create depletion of the natural bone mass. Also, switching to a lower heel for everyday wear footwear and changing your position during your time at your workstation are a few things that will go a long way.
Take care of your bones and joints the right way today, for a healthier tomorrow.