Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mugdha WaghYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 32 years old, female. I got severe pain in my right palm only. So want to know the reason you it happens. It frequently happens during sleeping and whenever I hold anything. Can you please tell me the reason.
Hi, I am suffering from ache in my thigh from last 3months. I will got the medicine which is prescribed by a doctor but after 2 weeks the same problem so can you help me with that.
Hi doctor, my wife age is 27, she is facing sever joint pains since from last 2-3 years, at least once in a week her palm and fingers become fat and turns to red, at that time she couldn't move her fingers and do any work. Once she take the pain killer pain will reduce. Last year we consulted some expert doctor in bangalore, after blood test, they suggested to take tablets, she took tablets regularly for 10 months but there was no improvements, so she stoped taking tablets. Now she takes only pain killer when there is a pain. So kindly suggest the solution for this problem.
Mujha hath k joint ma pain rhta h jb musam chnge hota h aap bto mijha calcium ki tablet leni chaiya yha apni diet ma asa ky Lena chaiya jisa yha prblm na ho.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.
I have pain my left solder around fifteen days. I consult a doctor about my problem they gap me some painkiller medsien. But my problem persists what should I do.
Sir/Madam I injured my shoulder 2 years ago while weight lifting in a gym. It looked like a normal strain and I underwent for physiotherapy for one and a half month. My symptoms did not improve at all. I left the gym after that. If I rest my shoulders I do not feel pain but whenever I try to do some physical activity like trying to lift something or throwing a ball while playing cricket, I feel pain and weakness in my shoulder. I feel this pain also while combing my hair and for any overhead activity. I am 26 years old. My digital xray for the same problem came out to be normal. My question is that why is my shoulder not healing at all. During sleep also I feel pain sometimes in my shoulder. What is the cure. please help.
Hi Doctors, I want to ask a question, I have pain in my left leg and feet. What could be the reason for that. And what should I do to get rid of it. Im 56 years old. Thanks.
My daughter is suffering from groin muscular pain since last ten days specially when she moves in the bed. Please advise as I have already given her pain killers and used Volini with hot fermentation but with temporary relief .Please advise.
Sir, I have pain in my toe. Whenever I walk it pains. I consulted local doctors many time. But no vain. Please suggest me the good medicines.
I m 39 yrs old widow lady having tremendous pain in my toes and hands. Not able to hold or grip or walk properly. I am a working lady. Please help from last 5 yrs I m having only pain killers. Don't have money to expense on myself as having 2 little daughters.
I am facing a problem in my right arm (Righthander) when I throw a ball at faster speed or long distance giving jerk or may be swing the hand faster imitating to throw, I kind of feel pain which is from past 2-3 years (22 years age). There was no injury previously. After a few minutes the pain vanishes.
I wants to tell you about my legs and arms problem. I felt very pain in my legs and arms please tell me the solution of the this problem so that I can feel some relief?
Hiatal hernia takes place when the upper portion of the stomach pushes itself through an opening in the diaphragm, into the chest cavity. The diaphragm is a wall of thin muscles, which separates the chest cavity and the abdomen. In most cases, a small Hiatal hernia doesn't cause problems and you may never know you have a Hiatal hernia unless your doctor discovers it when checking for another condition.
But a large Hiatal hernia can allow food and acid to back up into your oesophagus, leading to heartburn. Self-care measures or medications can usually relieve these symptoms, although a very large Hiatal hernia sometimes requires surgery.
Hiatal hernia is primarily or most commonly caused due to the increase in pressure in the abdominal cavity. Sometimes, a lot of pressure may be felt around the stomach accompanied by coughing, vomiting, strain during bowel movements. For people born with an abnormal hiatus, the chance of getting Hiatal hernia is more.
The two common types of Hiatal hernia are:
- Sliding Hiatal hernia, which occurs during the sliding out of the stomach and oesophagus into and out of the chest through the hiatus. This type of Hiatal hernia is less intense and has no symptoms.
- Fixed Hiatal hernia or Paraoesophageal Hernia is an uncommon type of hernia where a part of the stomach pushes through the diaphragm and stays there.
Usually, no symptoms are experienced during Hiatal Hernia. Some symptoms are experienced that happen due to stomach acids, bile or air, which enters the oesophagus. Some common symptoms include:
- Heartburns which become worse when a person lies down
- Chest pain, better called epigastric pain
- Problem in swallowing food
Tests for Diagnosis
Several tests can be carried out for the diagnosis of Hiatal hernia. They include:
- Barium X-ray, where a person is made to drink a liquid filled with barium before the x-ray. The x-ray provides a clear image of the upper digestive tract region and the location of the stomach can be seen. If it is protruded out, Hiatal hernia is signified.
- Endoscopy is another test for detection of Hiatal hernia. A thin tube slides down the throat, which reaches up to the oesophagus and stomach. This will determine whether the stomach is pushing through the diaphragm or not.
Medicines, which are used to cure a Hiatal hernia may include antacids for neutralizing stomach acid, H2 receptor blockers to lower acid production and proton pump inhibitors. Sometimes fundoplication surgery is required for the treatment of Hiatal hernia, although it is rare. Some common surgical techniques are rebuilding of oesophageal muscles or a surgery to put the stomach back in its actual place. Laparoscopic surgery methods are used. Hiatal hernia may reoccur even after surgery; so general precautions should be taken. You should:
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and ask for help
- Avoid any kind of strain on the abdominal muscles
Hiatal hernia is a disorder, which is more common among people over the age of fifty. Necessary precautions and treatment should be adopted in case of Hiatal hernia.