Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Muffazal LakdawalaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. .mujhe thyriod h tsh 5.8 hai weight 67 hai .aur ovary me toda swelling hai .mai last 4 month se baby plan kar rahi hu .but nai ho pa rah h .mai thyriod k liye 25 mg ki medicine le rahi hu .mujhe period regular aate h .dr ne harmony F medicine lene ko kaha h .dr kya meri problm bahut badi h jisse mujhe baby concieve nai ho payega.
Hello doc , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding , now its 21st can I start the process again or should I go for d and c .
My mother is 60 years old and suffer from diabetic bp patient. Muscular & bone pain is there. please suggest.
I have a family history of diabetes few months back on investigation my sugar fasting was on higher side but pp was normal on couple of times & hba1c was 5.3 normal in sept 16. But in 2014- 2015 it was 6.1 noted. Presently I am not taking any medicine. Which test fasting, pp or hba1c only shd be take in consideration whether person has diabetes or not?
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely.
Hi, I am 25 years old, I have 90 mg sugar levels before breakfast after two hours of break fast 97mg, is there any problem and after lunch of one hour 125 mg.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia, and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes-
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- Are 45 or over
- Are overweight
- Are habitually physically inactive
- Have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- Have a family history of diabetes
- Are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- Have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- Have elevated blood pressure
- Have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- Have polycystic ovary syndrome
- Have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
Diabetes is the fifth-leading cause of death by disease. Diabetes leads to the death of many people each year across the globe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Any type of cough for more than 2 weeks can be TB. Go for sputum testing free at RNTCP labs before your lungs are damaged and you have spread it to your dear ones.
My father has diabetes I checked my father's sugar today morning before meal by one touch machine . It is showing 266 mg/dl . Is it possible to have such high sugar level before meal or it could be a machine err ? Seeking for your reply .
I am suffering from. Thyroid. My t3 is 23. Due to it I am suffering from constipation, belly fat, and fatigueness.
I am 45 years male I feel weakness and tired whole day. I am diabetic and my sugar levels are normal I have body ache also.
My free thyroid profile is FT3: 0.38 pg/ml FT4: 0.41 ng/dl TSH: 5.54 microIU/ml What does it mean for me? What I should be doing? Regards.
I am 51 yrs old I am a diabetic taking allopathic treatment inj insulin 25units bd atorvastatin 10mg od asprin 75 od telmisartan od. Can I change to ayuvedic medicine to cure diabetic and stop medicine after course of medicine?
Hello sir, I am just 21 and have high uric acid problem. What to do? Unable to exercise because of pain. Please help me.
Have hypo thyroid since 3 years and throxin norm is not suiting. What do you have to treat me. Weight gained 25 kg. Very forgetful memory and sleepy all the time without doing anything. Thank you.
In general I am asking this question. IS chocolates and Bananas can be taken by Sugar Patient YES Or NO. normally doctors say these two are not allowed to take by the sugar patients. Just let me know the answer immdtly if possible. Also coffee normally everybody say its better not to have coffee. But here its said one or two cups so I think it will not harm.
I am suffering from thyroid and felling pressure on throat while speaking for last tow or three month. What should I do? Thyroid test tsh and t3 t4 are normal count I am using 100 mg thyroxine daily.
I am suffering from thyroid, blood pleasure above 140-90 & also I am taking lithium 250 mg per day, oleanz 2.5mg.
Start Today.You have one Life.