Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Ruma Zainab Siddiqui
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Ruma Zainab SiddiquiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am professional footballer and I want to know that can I take electoral powder or ORS powder daily.
I am 22 year old I have thyroid problem. My weight is 39 kgs only. Please suggest me to gain weight.
How I gain my fat in one month I have try many more thing But my weight is not put o please suggest how I gain my fat in one month.
For fast weight loose I can do different workout in week becoz I really bored with one workout. I do in home workout only no gym only power yoga n hiit power yoga.
Hello Dr. Meri height 5.4 inch and weight 57. 7 kg hai to height v/s weight ke hisab se mujhe kitta wait maintain rakhna chaiye .aur AGR yeh weight jaida hai to isse kam kaise kre .meri deit hai mrng me 3 roti + sabji and evg. Me 3 roti and sabji aur evg. Me ek glass milk. Aur iske alawa abhi kaam bahut kam rahta hai .abhi sona aur bethna and kuch kuch kaam rahta hai.
I am 41 years old female and a diabetic patient for the past 12 years. My present medicines are okra 10 once in a day. Triposmeal 2 mg 3 in a day .tendia 20 once in a day and telmax 50 one per day. I am worried about the heavy dose of my medicine. How can I bring down my diabetes and blood pressure without these strong medication. Please give me a reply.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great against common cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward of the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is known to improve bone health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in lowering blood pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces fatigue and is a performance enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of heart disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an affective antibacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.