Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Priti KhatuYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old male. I used to smoke for last 4 years. Now when I smoke I feel chest tightness. Then I stopped for one week. Then after that I again smoked and suddenly again I felt chest tightness. After a sleep when waking up from bed while coming up I feel a sharp pain at the centre of the chest. After waking it will go. But while pressing at that point I can feel the pain. Then it goes. I have light shoulder and arm joint pain also. What will be the reason for it? Is it dangerous ?If it heal if I stop smoking?
I am 22yrs old man, I am smoker, I have terrible calf while sleeping. Any thing serious? facing this issue more than six months.
My hairs are falling from 2 years ago. I am very tensed about this. Please tell me how to control hair fall. Or tell me how to regrow the hairs.
Sometimes I'm getting anxiety from even small thing like emotional one. I don't have problems. But still why then.
Hi doctor, I'm 19 year old female. But this is for my 19 year old male friend. He was in love with his class mate. They loved each other well. But recently, her marriage was fixed by her parents with another guy. Now both of them are compelled to separate. But he is always thinking of her and his exams got interrupted. He is in such a way and so depressed every time. Doctor, how can I advise him or how can I bring him back?
Every day I felt bad on me. I hate myself when failures in my work. How can I stay with positive mindset. How can we grow positive mind.
Hello doctor I am a patient from 6 month and under treatment a MD doctor .sir while went to the doctor he prescribe me olimelt 15 twice a day .after 10 days later he deducted doses then he suggest olimelt 20 just one per day and he asked me for appointment after 45 days later but since then I did not meet the doctor and now I'm much better than before . Sir I would like to say should I take the medicine by deducted the dose just like olimelt 7.5 or 10 suggest some thing because the doctor is too much for me can't bear it.
I am 33 year old. I have problem with mind I'll always thinking about alcohol, tab,syrup etcetera etcetera. What will I do.
I am not very active going lazzy every day what to do and my nerves system is getting slow and also I forgot tings its very difficult to remember any thing.
I am depressed and anxious ,what should I do. I am not able to concentrate on anything. i cannot remember anything.
Hello sir. I think I am suffering from anxiety disorder. I always in fear without any serious reason. Tell me what should I do?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.