Find numerous Alternative Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Nayan AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Sex being an intimate activity gets less educational focus and therefore carries many myths around it. Let’s understand what’s common knowledge but is not true, here.
1. Myth: Youngsters have better sex.
Truth: While most young adults enjoy rapid and agile sex sessions, older adults look forward to intimacy. They seek more of emotional rewards than physical gratification, and any intercourse is only better when it thoroughly enjoyed and not just rushed through.
2. Myth: Female orgasm is directly related to Intercourse
Truth: About 75% of women attain orgasm via clitoris stimulation instead of vaginal intercourse. For simultaneous climax, male spouse can first titillate clitoris to match the timing with the penetration.
3. Myth: Men are more keen on sex than women
Truth: There is no biological justification for women being less interested in sex. There may be other reasons like day to day stress; childhood abuse; work pressure; incompatible relationship, social stigma and related mental blocks etc.
4. Myth: Ejaculation Leads to real sexual pleasure in Men
Truth: A lot of men experience non-ejaculatory pleasure. Practice would help a person to demarcate ejaculation from orgasm.
5. Myth: Foreplay is a precursor to a good sex session
Truth: Foreplay should be treated as an independent activity and would never be done with the sole aim of leading towards erection and then ejaculation. Foreplay is a bonding process that deserves to be enjoyed without any preoccupations.
6. Myth: Bigger penis leads to more pleasure
Truth: The size of penis is more of an egoistic disposition. The job of penis is to titillate inside of clitoris to create sensation. Size does not impact its performance.
7. Myth: Oral sex is safe
Truth: This statement holds truth only for preventing pregnancy. Considering possibility of transmission of infections, even oral sex can prove to be fatal. You must only rely on using a condom for complete safety.
I am 44 year old women and had my hestectomy done abt five weeks before now I am having mild fever since last eight day's and there are wbc in my urine test what should I do?
I have dandruff for several months and I have taken several shampoos but it didn't work. So give me a solution!
I am not able to study continuously for an hour because of headache n ma eyes get swollen after continuous concentrating on any thing, doctor advised me to wear spectacles of test -0.75 but I feel that I am not able to see clearly and I feel so irritating to wear ma spectacles. What should I do?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.