Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
My son who is 32 years old has been taking 20 mg Raptab Olianze daily on the prescription of the Psychiatri since last 5 years. Please let me know is there any side effect of this medicine and when should we stop it.
Hi sir/ madam I am suffering with different problem I loved some one he also loved me but I give pain to him with my behaviour so he hurted a lot I hurt him because if I don't marry him in future then he become a mad sure thats why I behaved like that so he leaved me but I love him a lot I don't want to miss him bt now he lost trust on me and gave one month time to me that I have to rebuild trust on me is it right or wrong what I was doing is it good or bad to request him that love me again but he is some what poor but rich in heart thats why I loved him regarding these situation I can't put min concentration on my studies.
I am experiencing guts sound for last one month, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, tiredness. sleepiness causing depression. Kindly help.
Dear,Sir I am feeling like i m going under depression coz i dont feel like doing anything or going out for job I get scared when i see rush i become unconcious i feel secure at home all ways in mind i think i am going to die n because of this i react like something is going to happen with me i feel better at home n with my friend.So please let me know in this case what can be done ? Thank you
Hello, I want to know how to exit from pornography addiction I am suffering from porn addiction please suggested me any therapy to relief from it.
I'm student of Masters, but my memory has become very poor. I often forget if someone tells me a new name. And I forget it after 5 min. Is it normal ?Also, how should I increase my concentration and focus in my studies? My mind is never free whenever I sit for study.
I am not able to concentrate in my studies since last few months. Also I forget small things which I normally have to do. How can this be solved?
I am a divorcee with one son. I am working in night shift. Recently diagnosed of asthma, thyroid and weight increase. I always think one or the other thing. Lots of things keep on going. Financially. Mentally. I think to do suicide. I got mood swings. noon cares. People do take me for granted. They talk rubbish about me. Can not leave job because of finance. I always get tired. And its showing on my face. People say that I always look as if I am tired and ill. Even the closest one do not understand me. Whatever I do as in exercise. Beauty treatment at home. Etc. I can not stick on it. Really tired and feel like killing myself. Please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I am 22 years old boy 1 years ago I faced a shock in my life that lead me to depression. Psychiatrist advised me some medicine. I took for 15 days but after 15 days a local doctor advised me to give up that medicine as I could be addicted to it. In starting it was very tough to cover up my muscle muscle pain but Now after 1 years my life is almost alright. But still some times I feel restless for 1-3 minutes that's also very minor. I think I have recovered 90% depression as my muscle pain is almost gone . Am I doing right.
I am using piracetam 400 mg and I having nervous ness and feeling very sleepy and brain fog. I am 16 years old I want to increase my memory. Help me plzz how to solve my problem.
I am 12 student I want to konw how to sharp our mind in studies and how to concentrate our mind in studies, sir plzz hlp me.
How to increase memory. I am 52years old and forgetting important things. I am also a heart patient and two stunts implanted in my arteries.
All You Need To Know About Various Forms of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety and stress are regular occurrences that happen to all individuals in certain situations. But if these become habitual and take place in excessive frequency, then it is symptomatic of a psychological problem. Anxiety disorders require proper treatment through counseling and therapy for leading a healthy stress-free life.
Anxiety impacts each person at a different level and is accompanied by various types of irrational phobias. Hence it differs from case to case. There are a few general types into which anxiety disorders can be categorized. Some of these types are as follows:
1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
This kind of anxiety is constant and vague and does not appear to stem from any specific factor. Those suffering from it are affected during all waking hours and even in sleep when it is disturbed and irregular due to unending stress.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
A person suffering from ocd experiences uncontrollable compulsions and is unable to keep from obsessing over issues of trivial nature. This manifests itself in definite behavioral patterns which become rigid and inflexible.
3. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
This is an extreme form of anxiety disorder that is caused when the patient experiences a traumatic event or life-threatening accident that leaves a mental scar. It takes the form of panic attacks, nightmares, sudden mental breakdowns, hyper vigilance, and excessive nervousness.
4. Panic Disorder
The patients of this disorder experience sudden panic attacks which occur frequently without any specific trigger. It is also accompanied by the fear of having such attacks, as well as a fear of being in places from where it is difficult to escape in the event of an attack.
5. Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
Also known as social phobia, sad causes a person to be in constant fear of being negatively viewed by people. It involves constant fear of public humiliation and also gives rise to performance anxiety or stage fright.
How to Recognize An Anxiety Disorder?
There are many symptoms of anxiety disorders which have both physical and emotional symptoms. Following are the most common signs of chronic anxiety:
- Attacks of panic and fear
- Feelings of unease
- Heart palpitations
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Feelings of Numbness or A Tingling Sensation
- Dryness of the Mouth
- Cold or Sweaty Palms
- Breathing Difficulties
Dear Doctor, I am male aged 43 years working in the Central Government in New Delhi having anxiety problem since childhood. I started treatment since 1998 but in vain. I have gone through all therapies. Presently I am taking rivotril 2 mg. My problem is I am unable to laugh freely. When I laugh, I get pain in the jaws, stiffness and nervousness in the face and hotness in the face. This is creating embarrassing situation for me. None of the doctors treated my problem. Kindly help me out.
I am very depressed because of exam tension. Please help me to come out from it. I am too depressed please help.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it.