Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Bansari TejookayaYour feedback matters!
My husband drinks a lot and that scares me so much that I get nightmares I keep on thinking if something happens to him what will become of my children.Please do help.
Dear Doc, I am 35 yr old man, I always feel that something is gone wrong with me. Listed below are my feelings, Please help me to come out from this i want to live happy life. 1. Always feel my head is very heavy 2. Everytime feels like sleepy 3. So amny matters running in mind, always thinking 4. Feels like out of this world 5. Always in sad mood 6. Always feels scary Please help me.
I am addicted of wine and smoking. So many time I tried to quit but I do not. please tell me what I have to do.
I am suffering from social anxiety. And not being able to enjoy my life. Have even tried things like visualisation. But they help only for short term. I feel so depressed about it. I fear it is going to severely affect my career as I am a CA student. N I have to face the corporate world. God only knows how I am going to tackle. Is there any solution? Pls help me out.
I am a student. I tried many times to make my studies good but my mind starts wandering here and there. please consult me that how can I make my studies long termed and concentrated?
We as individuals are unique and blessed with independent thoughts and intellect, which help us in making decisions in life. One of the biggest decisions in life that we have to make is choosing a life partner. We may have to go through several proposals and meet lots of people before we are able to make this crucial choice and select an ideal partner to spend the rest of your life with. Many times, such decisions are made sooner and at sometimes we may have to seek the opinion of our friends, relatives and well-wishers to be able to find the perfect match.
In all cases, what really matters is that the relationship that we have build has to be strong enough to last a lifetime and that if there is any problem between the couple, they should be able to resolve it amicably, with understanding and maturity. In order to forge relationships that can last, the beginning of the association has to be crucial. There are a number of ways in which you can ensure that the beginning is smooth and that the rest of your lives are also spent in happiness.
The importance of counselling
In the modern times, when couples expect a lot more than couples of the olden times, it becomes extremely important to make sure that the couplevisits a marriage counsellor in time and is given an opportunity to get to know each other in a better manner. Here are a few ways in which counselling may be a boon for newly acquainted couples who are to get married.
- The counselling may help them realise their similarities and also understand what their strong points as a couple
- The session of understanding each other may also aid in knowing what they expect from each other in the long term rather than finding out the difficult way.
- It may also help in understanding the importance of amicable family relationships and how close and extended families help in the making of long and strong relationships.
- The pre-marriage counselling provided to couples also ensures that they are able to get a healthy and transparent forum to be able to know each other and understand what they can expect from life if they are together.
Getting the right kind of help
Although parents and elders usually advise the couple before they get married, it is important to make sure that formal counselling is also received from an expert in the field of psychology. When you choose to go to a worthy and trusted expert, you are able to ensure that the best methods of opening up to each other are used and that the session remains fruitful for the couple as well as their families in the long term.
I think, i am psychologically disturbed. Suddenly I feel bad but I don't know the reason. What can I do?
My son does not work hard in his studies . He is not able to show sincerity and hard work in spite of repeated poor performance. I am not able to successful to motivate him . Any help shall be highly appreciated .
Why do we get heart problem due to tension or something else because my father is a heart patient. He gains very tension sometimes.
I am 38 yrs old not yet married as I dont like girls. Wht should I do get myself used to girls and get married?
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.
My friend age 26 she married . Husband age 33 he is not satisfied with her what to do. If she ask about sex no time no caring her. Giving everything like shopping restaurants ok . Working as private employee he left the home wen he comes back don't know . I need some suggestions from you.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My son is 24 yrs old, He is still childish in talks and behaviour. He is stubborn and refuses to take our parents advise. Pls suggest some tablets.
People who are constantly troubled by the fear of physical illness or who excessively feel worried about their health are commonly referred to as hypochondriacs. This phenomenon is called somatic symptom disorder, also known as hypochondria or hypochondriasis. Despite the evidence of medical tests proving that they do not suffer from any disease or illness, hypochondriacs are perpetually worried about their health. This is mainly because of their misinterpretation of minor health problems or normal body functions as something serious. Somatic symptom disorder affects both males and females equally, and it usually happens during early adulthood.
Causes and symptoms: Their complaints may range from minor issues like pain or stress to more serious problems concerning breathing or headaches. Hypochondriacs rarely try to deceive themselves, and they genuinely believe that they have health problems, however unrealistic their beliefs might be. The exact causes are indefinite and unknown, but they generally arise from considerable physical or sexual abuse in their early childhood. Moreover, parents or close relatives suffering from the disorder may also induce such fears into the child, who would eventually behave in a similar pattern later in adulthood.
Diagnosis: Diagnosis of the disorder can be very troublesome, mainly because of their inherent conviction that they are suffering from physical illness. However, the disorder can be treated through proper supportive care or psychotherapy. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs are also used sometimes.
Dealing with the disorder: Hypochondria can often lead to a chronic condition, which can be long lasting. Although there are no definite ways of preventing it, there is one method to reduce the intensity of the symptoms and help patients cope up with the disorder. It is by providing them a supportive and understanding environment, one in which they can fight the distress and trouble that comes along with the somatic symptom disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.