Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms.anupama Kapur
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms.anupama KapurYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 old female. I feel like I am depressed and feel anxious at times in everyday life situations. Is this normal or should I seek help?
I'm attracted to man I want to sleep with him but this is not possible. How can I enjoy my sex life. Due to this I am suffering a lot and going under depression. Not interested in doing anything only I think of sex with male partner. I can not discuss this with anyone.
I am 35 years old woman suffering from anxiety disorder from past few months. But I am using facebook and whatsapp . And I talk to friends whom I feel good person. I enjoy social media but I do it limited time. Is there any advice.
Kisi bhi interview ya kisi bhi cheej ki suruwaat karne se pehle sarir mein kampan hoti hai, sat se per tak jhanjanahat mehsus hota Hai, paseena aaney lagta Hai. Please help me.
When I walk I feel like jerk and jumping. I have given medicine for anxiety. When I sleep my head feels like hitting from inside as nerves of head palpitate.
I am feeling depressed some tym. My thoughts are totally negative. Now a days I become short temper. I have no confidence on myself now. Pls advise.
Do you get angry easily? Do you fume when something goes against your wish? Does your blood pressure rocket when someone tells you something that you don't like? Anger is a normal emotion of human psychology, but it is equally important to keep your anger under control. Just like any other emotion, anger too varies from person to person, and the circumstances. Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress. It also causes stress on relationships and damages your health. Therefore, it is important to practice anger management exercises to control such extremes of emotions.
Here are some of the anger management tips that can help you control your anger:
- Think before you speak: We often say something out of anger and then regret it later. This is a common condition that has been faced by almost everyone at some point of time. Do not say things abruptly without thinking. Always take your time and think over what you are about to say.
- Express your anger once you are calm: Do not say things at the heat of the moment. Once you calm down, express your views on things that are bothering you. This will help you express better without hurting anyone.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best tools to reduce stress. Light meditative exercises performed on a regular basis such as a morning jog or deep breathing can control your anger to a great extent.
- Identify the specific cause: Instead of being grumpy about things that make you angry, try to find out the root cause of the issue and eliminate it, so that you don't have to face it again. Remind yourself that anger won't solve the problem and can only make situations worse.
- Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings can only have a negative impact on your own health. Learn to forgive others. Forgiving not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and negative emotions.
- Practice relaxation tactics: When your temper reaches its height, put your relaxation tactics in action. A few tactics like deep breathing or repeating words to yourself like "Take it easy" or "Calm down" can actually calm you down during critical situations.
- Take a timeout: Take short breaks during stressful times of your day. This helps to release some of your stress and calm you down. You may also listen to music, take a light snack or do something that you like, to spend some time away from stressful conditions of your daily routine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!