Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Alina PhilipYour feedback matters!
If I will smoke in this Age what will happen to me please say about this & after Smoking I will Drink Coconut Water I think Coconut water will Clean Inside Lungs.
Recently I am facing problem with my memory. I am finding hard to recollect think I know very well. Including famous movie names and famous actors. Eg: finding hard to recollect word which I had previously used multiple times spontaneously. This is happening frequently. Here I mean I am finding hard to recollect. Once I recollect I am good. Daily tasks I can remember but recollecting old memories that are learnt in the past and very good at it.
Kya me dipression me hu mera kisi se b bt krne ka man nhi krta h pehle me Jin logo ki company enjoy krti thi ab unhi Se milna acha nhi lagta naa mere pass bate hoti h krne ko me un logo ko nhi samjha Pati ki me ASI ku hu mje bilkul hasi nhi aati h me sirf bethe bethe apne purane Dino. K bare me sochti rahti hu mje nhi Pata me Kya kru.
1. How to increase my brain power and improve my memory power? 2. Which foods are good for increase my memory power?
I always think about a girl because of this I cannot concentrate on my studies. I know this is not a disease. Can you please tell me how can I concentrate on my studies.
I am a 23 years old female. I feel under confident about my capabilities and I tend to get too nervous while giving job interviews because of which they all result in failure. How can I overcome this problem?
I was in love with my future wife but suddenly we broke out. What can I do to regain my love back please assist me.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.