Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Alina Philip
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Alina PhilipYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and I am not able to study I have my major studies I have tried a lot of things but nothing much happened. What should I do?
I can not concentrate on study while studying I can't remember what ever I read and how I can increase my IQ. I want to that what ever I read it will remember for long time.
I am studying CA exams to be may 10th I have fortunately around 27 days but these days is enough to prepare for exam but I am feeling myself little bit stressed. So kindly help me how to come out of the stress and concentrate on exam preparation.
I am 25 years female. Working in a pvt. Firm. Have some physical disabilities too. Like minor hearing loss. And thyroid patient too. I am a big foods and fatty. Want to be strong. But some times feel low n very alone. So I am in depression. Some time nose bleed very badly. Or I find some alone place to cry loudly. What should I have to do. To cure my self.
Respected Doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I suspect that I may be suffering from a bipolar disorder or depression. Since the last two months I have been unable to concentrate on anything that I used to like. I have grown very impatient and irritable. Though I have had a bad temper since childhood , I am experiencing anger that I had never experienced before, throwing stuff, punching the wall and having feelings of hopelessness, crying suddenly, self guilt and feelings of isolating myself from my friends and family. I never talk to someone about my condition as I do not feel I can rely on someone and I think people might mistake my condition to be an imaginary ailment. I can give you more information if you want. Please help me , I feel really alone and hopeless right now.
Seven Common Causes of Forgetfulness
Lack of sleep is the most common cause. Two little restful sleep can also lead to mood changes and anxiety which in turn can contribute to memory impairment.
Many drugs can affect memory, which includes tranquilizers, antidepressants, blood pressure drugs and anti–allergic drugs.
Low functioning thyroid can affect memory.
Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short–term memory.
Stress and anxiety can lead to memory impairment. Both can interfere with attention and block the formation of new memory or retrieval of old memories.
Forgetfulness can be a sign of depression or a consequence of it.
If you are vegetarian, vitamin B12 deficiency can loss memory impairment
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keep g to myself all the time and always pain in my head please help me.
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.