Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Some three years back I started experiencing shortness of breath and went to IGMC and Fortis and underwent several test including Echo, TMT, PFT even Angiography, MRI Cervical Spine etc and Later on I was diagnosed with allergic asthama at Fortis Mohali with no cardiovascular disorder. .During this long period of diagnosis and tests I underwent a lot of anxiety, and developed a feeling as if I have some serious ailment and probably can not be diagnosed or curable. This thing also led to increase in my BP and now a simple sore throat, mild pain in chest or left arm of fatigue makes me so anxious and I start thinking the worse. I get alarmed and panicked at trivial things now and even my wise has started making fun of me as a very coward man. Please tell me if I require some kind of Psychiatry support?
Ovulation study day 16 Endometrium size : 9.0 mm Left ovary: 16*1 Right ovary : msf It is possible to get pregnant with this dimensions.
How can I increase willpower? I tried mindfulness breathing exercises, as suggested, and found them very difficult to do. My mind gets distracted within 15-20 seconds. Could you please tell me other exercises (preferably easy one) or some other methods. My intention is to increase willpower and concentration.
She have some abnormal conditions like anger. From last one month. Isn't because of any mental problem.
Sir/Mam Meri age 23 year old hai. Mujhe gussa bhut aata hai, jiski wajh se kae baar mai dusro se lad jata hu, mai koshish to krta hu, but agar wo cheez /baat dubara happened hoti hai, to mai out of control ho jata hu, sir ye meri bhut badi weakness hai, Please help kre.
For years I have been practicing as a psychotherapist in different parts of the world and what I have noticed is that no matter what kind of relationship or marriage a couple are in, when they end up in my office it's always for the same reason: they want to be happier, healthier and more-connected even though the issues can vary - money, sex, infidelity, in-laws, children etc.
Despite this each relationship is completely subjective and no clear cut rules can be executed on it, yet following certain guidelines may help proceeding happily in a relationship.
If you are struggling in your relationship (and if you are reading this article there is a big chance you are unless you are one of my friends..or both) you might find it helpful to follow some of these ideas:
1. Love yourself - You must love yourself before you can love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. Accepting yourself fully as you are and showing yourself this same unconditional love will provide protection, healing, and confidence to work on your shortcomings.
2. Adopt a positive lifestyle - There are many different ways in which you can embrace a more positive lifestyle - practice affirmations, express gratitude, meditation, exercise... just find something that helps you unwind and enjoy life. And most importantly - keep doing these things repeatedly.
3. Empathize with your partner - The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If I realize that something I've done has hurt you (because I can empathize with your pain or unhappiness) I will hesitate to do that again.
4. Take responsibility: Don't try to figure out who's right - When couples come for therapy, one or both tend to think that the primary problem is their partner. Both people co-create the climate of the relationship. And both need to do some things differently to create the marriage or relationship they both really want. If your intention is to create a more positive world for yourself and those around you, it's up to you to have the thoughts, moods, and actions that will create that world.
5. Stay connected - When there is distress in the marriage or relationship, one or both usually feel some emotional disconnection. Frequently, sexual passion diminishes as well. (However, sometimes one partner will try to increase frequency of sex in an effort to feel connected.). And often, people will busy themselves with work or kids instead, or do other things to either try to feel connected or to avoid being alone with the person with whom they feel the pain of disconnection
6. Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes - Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way.
Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship. In Daring Greatly, Dr. Brene Brown defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Given this definition, the act of loving someone and allowing them to love you may be the ultimate risk. Love is uncertain. It's risky because there are no guarantees and your partner could stop loving you. Exposing your true feelings may mean that you are at a greater risk for being hurt or criticized.
7. Try new things together - Boredom can be a major obstacle to lasting romantic or companionate love.
Psychological research has suggested that couples who experience the most intense love are the ones who enjoy participating in new or challenging 'self-expanding' activities together.
8. Preserve your independence - Dr Perel, in her popular TED talk explains that neediness and caretaking in long-term partnerships - which can easily result from looking to the partnership for safety, security and stability - damper the erotic spark. But if couples can maintain independence and witness each other participating in individual activities at which they're skilled, they can continue to see their partner in an ever-new light.
If after trying the above you are still struggling with your relationship, make sure you go and see a couple therapist.
Two couples talking in one couple's living room...
One says to the other, 'The work being done on your marriage.. are you having it done or are you doing it yourselves?'
Homeopathy: an alternative treatment for depression?
As per the national crime records bureau report, between 2004-2014, the number of suicides in India increased by a whopping 15.8% out of which 16, 307 people from Maharashtra itself committed suicide, making it the highest number of suicides in the country. The days when depression was not even discussed and brushed off as nothing but a mere state of mind are slowly coming to an end.
I am bound with negativity thought I have a long and caring family and no such disease I'm not able to move on in my life. This leads me to a great depression which affects my Health and family environment.
I was alone my family is not staying with me from past 3 years. I was very depressed ,please give me solution. I am 38 years old.
My wife isn't well. She has really bad cough now and always keeps coughing. I ask her not to smoke but she refuses and smokes. Is there anyway to reduce the effects of smoking while not quiting smoking? Pls suggest some ways to cure her cough without any medicine, only through natural way.
I am 7 month pregnant and mostly feel that I am too sad and not happy. I have anxiety also. I want to deliver my baby healthy and happy. please suggest what to do.
Adding magnesium bath salts and essential oils in your warm bath relieves stress, pain and soreness, and detoxifies your skin.