Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Akshata ManelkarYour feedback matters!
Hearing aids are very expensive. How often will I have to be making an investment to replace or update them?
I have 50-60 percent hearing loss in one ear due to a slap. Dr. has prescribed me hearing aid of Rs-17000 which is not affordable for me. I searched online and found it and price start around 500+ so pls tell whether it's functioning /working will be different or it is just the quality of the aids. Pls tells me that should I buy and use it or not.
Sir I am 24 year old male and I am suffering from hearing loss from last 5 years mainly in the high frequency region. Please tell me some solution or exercises to recover from this problem. Sir I am also suffering from ankylosing spondelitis. From last 4 years but my hearing problem is the older one. And Dr. Has given me donica and donica s-r for my spondelitis problem? these two problems make my life very tough.
I feel I am not able to hear properly. I feel that I hear my voice louder than the others. Please help.
I am suffering hearing loss last two month. Visited one e. N. T. Spacallesthe said your hear narve has been dried. It, s not came back again, is it true ?
My left ear is been paining to much whenever I sleep on left side, and also when listening to songs with earphones. But the pains lasts for just 5 to 10 minutes, but that 10 minutes pain is bit severe.
Some people are born with a hearing loss, is there any treatment for them? Does hearing aids are available for them?
I am suffering from hearing loss since last 12 years and loss is increasing every year. Doctors are saying that it's a neural hearing loss and have recommended to talat neuro medicines, please confirm whether ayurveda has treatment? If yes, please suggest.
Actually mere sister ka beta abhi 2 saal ka hai lag bhag. Or wo normal huya tha. But kuch time baad usko minor brain hemorrhage hogya tha. Or kafi time machine me reha. Abhi vo waise to thik hai but Dr. Kehte hai ki uske ek ear me problem hai or vo kam sunnta ho or uska operation bataya hai 6 lakh tak kharcha or bola hai ki koi chip hai Jo iske ear me dali jayegi or iske mind ki nase week hai or wo apne pairo par bhi kharda nahi hota thik se. Means vo dekhne mein abnormal lagta hai but vo normal hai. Kya iska koi ilaaz hai kyonki itna paisa nahi hai ki operation kar de so please kuch bataye taki vo baby thik ho jaye please help
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.
Hi I've been diagnosed with Otitis media with effusion and i've been experiencing a degree of deafness. I was taking Rezole, Defgram, levofem, levoriz tablets and Rhinoset nasal spray. Now i'm off the medication since the doctor prescribed them for only 5 days. I could not go and visit the doctor after that, please let me know if I should take any ear drops or anything and any other exercises etc if they can help. I feel some kind of liquid present in my ear and thats irritating plus my hearing is impaired. Thanks.