Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrunalini ShethYour feedback matters!
Lam married women from 11 yrs, I have no children, we both are having normal reports, but still lam not conceiving, give me some advice.
Kindly help me for secure sex with husband. Now I do not want pregnancy ever. Without sterilization surgery their is any other way for safe sex always. Help me please..
I want to abort five week pregnancy through pills is it safe to do this as i have one child through cesarian operation and also takes i pills in past for 2 times.
Is it safe to take vomilast in third month pregnancy? I have no problem of constipation and vomiting. Please tell me.
Cardiac arrest is reported to be the number one cause of sudden death for people over the age of 40. As it strikes fast and without prior warning, it usually leaves no time for getting help to the patient. Many lives can be saved if the necessary first aid is given immediately by people who know what to do in case of a cardiac arrest.
So first let us know about the signs of a cardiac arrest:
- Loss of consciousness: A person may feel dizzy, sweat, faint or collapse suddenly. You can tell if someone has just fainted and not had a cardiac arrest if they are still breathing or have a pulse.
- No breathing
- No pulse
- Muscle twitching.
Now that you have recognized the signs; here is what you can do:
- Call the ambulance and try getting an emergency medical professional to attend to the person.
- If professional help isn't available, emergency resuscitation measures must begin. An automated external defibrillator (AED) can rapidly determine whether the person has an abnormal heart rhythm that can be treated by an electric shock (called defibrillation). AEDs are available in many public gathering places, such as stadiums and concert halls. An AED is used before calling for help and before attempting cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) because an AED is more likely to save lives. If the AED detects ventricular fibrillation, it provides an electrical shock (defibrillation) that can restore normal heart rhythm and start the heart beating again. Emergency medical care should be obtained even if the heart has started beating again. If a person remains in cardiac arrest after an AED is used, CPR should be done.
- If a person remains in cardiac arrest after an AED is used, other measures are begun, such as opening the airway and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- CPR combines artificial respiration (mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or rescue breathing) to supply oxygen to the lungs with chest compressions, which circulate oxygen to the brain and other vital organs by forcing blood out of the heart.
To do CPR (artificial respiration), the rescuer's mouth covers the person's mouth and then rescuer slowly exhales air into the person's lungs (rescue breaths). The person's airway must remain opened during artificial respiration. To prevent air from escaping from the person's nose, the person's nose can be pinched shut as the rescuer exhales into the mouth.
Talk to your doctor to find out if you are at risk of a cardiac arrest.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
I had sex with my girlfriend and it seems she is pregnant. How can be this pregnancy avoided. Without any hard procedure. Can it be avoided with pills only. Please sir give me advice.
Me and my wife have blood groups of an+. So please tell me that could i think for a baby. Please tell me in detail. I am waiting for your response.
Infertility : You are not alone
I meet many ladies everyday who are fighting with infertility. Some express their Desire to have kids and pain associated with infertility openly and some are shy to share anything. People make allowances for all sorts of grief. Infertility is a loss of staggering proportions. A feeling of being incomplete, A feeling of deep emptiness from Inside ....
Those brave ladies who experience it, it can be deep , incomprehensible, painful Bewildering and Mind-numbing. Its not easy loss to define or put into words. Not having a child is something which makes them deeply hurt. I am sharing My experience in the Clinic today , A wonderful lady , very focused and warm person. Expressed her feelings openly with an heavy heart . This emotional Turmoil may be faced by many ladies. Just sharing so that many of us can identify with her and get a positive attitude and rest of us might provide them enough positivity and strength to lead a normal life.
We all will agree that it is sad to not be able to have children, the idea of feeling desperation and wild crippling grief could seem dramatic, excessive and even weak.
She told me that Most common response from the people I meet is the word ' Kum se kum Tumhe cancer , to nahi hai, Tumne baccha to nahi khoya hai, Koi aur serious problem to nahi hai na ''' The word ' KUM se Kum ' ( At least ) can be very disheartening many times.
We all are different and we deal with our emotional status differently. According to her she was not very happy with the ATLEAST concept of sympathizing .
She told ,many times in her fight with infertility she needed positivity around me , needed someone to sit down and hold her hand and say, "I'm so sorry, this must hurt so much. I'm here for you." Anyone who does not have mockery in eyes ,have deep love and compassion in every word and the very fact that they allowed my grief to exist and they heard me was healing. So Simple thing which can make her energized.
Unfortunately, more often, the unintentional message she heard was that of her sadness being undermined, made less by the words "at least."
even I was thinking How could her personal pain possibly measure up against all the greater tragedies in the world?
I found her eyes becoming wet as she described how she cried rivers over the little boys and little girls who would never have her smile or her husband's eyes. she began to have dreams of stumbling down a difficult forest path leading to a pitch black lake where a child was floating face down in the water. Even she wanted to hug her child and feel the simple pleasure of being a MOM. Even I felt my heart go for her... Becoming a Mother can be the most happy experience of anyone's life.
When I was talking to her I realized that There is nothing trivial about grief over infertility. A person can grieve the loss of their dream of a biological family as honestly and deeply as someone else can grieve the loss of a child or parent or partner or their health.
There is no "at least" when it comes to the breaking of the human heart, there is no need to try to measure one person's pain against another to see who is worthy of feeling grief and who isn't.
If some one from your near and dear ones is fighting with Infertility then assure that they have the emotional and mental support from you. A real guidance and taking the medical help at right time can do wonders. But we all require some amount of sensitivity towards their pain. Rest can be done by doctors and medical professionals . The only thing is Power of Positivity and feeling that someone Understands their pain.
I met with a very serious accident on September 9th 2013. After that I am fine now but my period are irregular. Sometimes it gets skipped a month and now I am having my period every month but it continues for 15 days. I am also gaining alot of weight. I was 76 at the time of accident now I am 91. My height is 5'8. I have done my thyroid test it was border line in the month of april 2015. I am having thyronorm 12.5mcg. Now r thyroid reports are normal but still I am gaining weight.
But... its not so..as it is easier to take out the calories than to try and burn them off..
To drop 1 kg of body fat= Burn/ reduce 7500 calories.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BETTER OPTION ?
BURNING 200 CALORIES/ DAY THROUGH EXERCISE
CUTTING 500 CALORIES/ DAY FROM DIET
Burning 200 calories/ day than through exercise=1 TO 1 1/2 hrs at the gym on the treadmill/ on the rowing machine
Cutting 500 calories a day from their diet=
Just cutting off a couple of sodas, or burger and pizza with cream cheese...
70% CONTRIBUTION OF WEIGHT LOSS COMES FROM DIET AND JUST 30% FROM EXERCISE...
So choose your foods wisely...
TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY..
1) Eat more of foods that are rich in fiber
2) Avoid oily, fried and spicy food.
3) Make sure to have sufficient amount of water throughout the day...Ideally 8-10 glasses.
4) Aim to achieve and then maintain your ideal body weight.
5) Ensure to follow a regular exercise routine
6) Dinner should be had atleast two hours before bed time for effective digestion.
7) Avoid overcooking, reheating, or deep freezing food.
8) Avoid the use of soda bicarbonate, preservatives, and colors while cooking vegetables and pulses.
9) Prefer the consumption of whole fruits over juices.
10) Use wheat flour without sieving.
11) Never skip a meal, instead have smaller and frequent meals.
12) Always start your day with breakfast. This will keep you energized throughout the day.
13) Avoid refined products and processed foods..
Remember you EAT to LIVE and so DO NOT.. Live to Eat...
Stay healthy .. Stay happy.. ☺
Health benefits of eggplant
1. Lower blood cholesterol absorption
2. Protect heart and arteries
3. Assist with stomach ulcer
4. Assist nerve condition
5. Prevent infection
6. High fibre content
7. Prevent cancer
8. Low in calories
9. Clean blood