Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Pranchal ButtYour feedback matters!
Swimming is the better exercise. However after swimming in Club maintained swimming pool regularly, my skin is becoming dark. Not just mine, I have noticed this with other members as well, who swim regularly.
Hi sir, Appreciate your time. I am 28 years old. I have a Insulin Resistance Syndrome since 10 years (taking gluformin XL 1000 mg/day). When I was 7-8 years old my skin was too fair but after that my face, neck, under arms skin begin to become dark. So except above 3 parts my whole body is too fair and these 3 parts are too dark. Could you please tell any reason for above and also suggest a best solution if any.
I was very fair but from last few years my face become little darker. Please suggest me some medication so that I can recover.
Hi I'm 25 years male, my skin is getting dull and even having pimple sort of things on face with itching, I have used aloe vigra gel for a month after that the problem has started , please help me out to get my back healthy and fair skin tone .
Hi i am 19 year old After bathing my face color is to dull due to oily skin and face look like stiky due to oily skin my colour become so dark to dark day by day.
How can I remove the dark circles, pimples and spots of pimples. What are the reason behind pimples cause in chik.
In the rainy season, we need to drink boil water. Boiled water can be used for how many hours? And how much time one need to boil the water which is safe for drinking?
Having skin problem etching and reddish skin. Skin of legs remains dry. What is the solution to this problem?
My father he is a farmer. We have scan for MRCP, it summery is given below 1. Gallbladder is distended and showing tiny concretions with minimal mucosal edema and wall thickening. 2.2mm stone/sludge noticed in distal CBD with dilated IHBR/EHBR. 3. Diffuse edema and enlargement of pancreatic parenchyma with necrosis (30%) in body and tail region with peripsncreatic inflammatory exudate, thickening of renal and later conal fascia noticed. How to rectify this problems and then what should I do?
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.