Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Neeta V ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am 19 yr old male. B. Sc ii yearr students .Sir meri problem ye h ki me yaad to sab kr leta ho per paper k time per sab bhul jata ho. Mane bhote khoshis ki yaad rhkne per nhi rak pata. Please btaye ki muje kya krna chaiye.
I am a 17 year boy and my mind always think about a girl I love and I want to focus on my studies but my mind can not concentrate in it. How can I concentrate on my studies.
I've been taking anti-depressants on the recommendation of my psychiatrist, but they seem to be making no difference and instead have multiple side-effects. Currently, I've tried Spenzo, Prestiq, Unidex 100, Clobazam, Ec Pan. In the past, I tried Modafinil and it did seem to work by making me energized and more active. Should I change psychiatrists? Try different medication? Or try Modafinil as an anti-depressant?
Hello doctor, does binaural beats will help to overcome depression? I want to focus on work an be alert.
I don't know whether I'm depressed or stress. As everyday I get too angry and abusive with my kids in study. Then I feel little guilty about it. though in office I'm able to do work properly and efficiently , there too I rarely loses my temper.
I think my friend is depressed. What should I do to support them without being patronizing. Also, should I (and if so, how should i) try get them help?
Hi, I am very depressed act the problem is I am married since last 3 months. But I have a relationship with another boy since last 5 years my husband is very nice person he don't know about my relationship, and I really want to stop my affair but I love my boyfriend, my boyfriend is not caring and loving his a flirty nature with every girl and that I do not like I want to come out from this and I want to enjoy my married life I had tried so many times that not to contact with my boyfriend but I failed I am very much depressed please help me in this situation.
Parenting in the recent past has become extremely stressful than what it used to be a couple of generations earlier. This stress has increased manifold if the child has special needs. Be it a physical or an emotional disability, the caretaker has a lot of additional responsibilities when raising a child with special needs. Also bringing up such a child is extremely rewarding in the long run, when you see them accomplish things in life, for which your contribution is far greater than in normal children.
Read on to for some guidance on how to manage a child with special need.
- Understand the problem your child is facing: The problem may become evident prenatally, at birth, or sometimes it will reveal itself as the child grows up. Whatever the case, once identified, understand the various issues it brings along. This is true especially in case of syndromes like Down's or learning disabilities, which have more implications. Review the medical history thoroughly with the doctor to understand the child better and play your role better.
- Supportive community: There are a lot of supportive communities, which will consist of similar people and so a lot of mutual support and help would be available. The emotional components of empathy and sympathy play an equally important role here.
- Let’s face it: Caring for such a child is an ongoing process. The sooner this fact is accepted, the easier the journey will be. The children need to be reassured that they are not alone, they are differently perfect, they need to forgive themselves, to not be hard on themselves, and not to lose heart. The parent and the caretakers also need to realize that it is like a never-ending marathon and bracing up for this long haul is very important. There might be times when mistakes happen, tough decisions are taken, and you have to be hard on the child and yourself. However, don’t lose heart and encourage both the child and yourself. It is okay for these slips to happen, just accept them.
- Live for today: On a daily basis, forgive small wrongs both for your child and yourself. Trust your instincts, celebrate the little wins, don’t compare your child to anybody else, and protect him from getting bullied. The child needs to be told that you are unique and special and to set your own pace and compete against yourself. Work on your sense of humor and get professional help for both the child’s needs and your additional responsibilities.
While the stress of caring for a child with special needs is quite high, these are very small and simple ways to deal with the stress of raising a child with special needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Please tell me some yoga poses and process to make it happens for leaving anxiety and panic disorder.
My 3 years old son is becoming more more stubborn n short tempered even without any reason. please don't blame us to fulfill his every wish bcoz we never did it. If we find his wishes r genuine n fare thn only we say YES. please guide me I also have become short tempered. Need anger management ideas.
Esteemed doctors. I worry about little things and I get nervous because of this. Please prescribe me a remedy for this.
Sir I am not having food only alcohol and smoke because of my problems I want to quit and healthy what I do.
My son is addicted to mobile phones game, clash of cans, he plays whole night and sleeps whole day. Doesn' t like food, don' t want to talk to any one. Doesn' t go to school. Last year he passed 10th. How can you help me.
Off late, I'm suffering from restlessness/ anxiety and tension. I have also become fearful/ previously previously I was a bold and very confident girl. My confidence level have also dipped and I'm become very emotionally vulnerable and impatient. Please help!
I am a graduate civil engineer. Its been a few month I since I hv passed out and since then I has been unemployed. During that time, staying with my family n neighbours n living a lazy n comfortable life, I have became in illusion with all these. Now I have got a job but staying outside my home is not making me feel comfortable. Almost every time I think about my family, neighbours and I am becoming restricted to those comfortable life style. Sometimes when I think seriously about my future, watch some motivational videos, listen to my friends and familiesand I think positively but again after sometime again those positive thoughts gets distracted and I feel in illusion again! Please help me how can I get out of this horrible negative thinking. Thank you.
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxiety is a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
Generally, students suffer from anxiety and fear when exam time approaches:
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara