Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Jinni Jain Patani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Jinni Jain PataniYour feedback matters!
I have an anxiety problem. Get restless at times. Not able to sleep properly. Please advice a good doctor.
From one year I have seen a change in my mood. I get frustrate and irritate on small things. Scold my family nd gf a lot by bad words & on small things I get angry, feel lyk breaking some thing. I do not know why.in a week 2 days I remain happy and rest of the days irritated nd frustrated sometimes upset without a reason. Is there astrological reason?
My worries started from my 10th standard after my mom passaway after surviving one month in the hospital and I am the young son in the family but I take care of everything due to my father got paralysis ago my studies also not good at all due to financial problems and after 3 years suddenly my dad also died due to heart attack from that time onwards I started thinking negatively and I started avoiding friends and going out playing basketball etc and then my family members started saying I am dumb I even can't do anything they always uses me like they servant they never take care of me then I started fear of future in past I attempted suicide but I failed due to lack of knowledge then I spended more two years thinking about my worst future now I became so disappointed even thoughts makes me unable think positive not able to concentrate not able to drive bike due to I can't control even I get confused left or right side and day by day passes my life ruining but one thing is sure that one day am going to commit suicide successfully now I wrote note because I want to aware you guys not to ruin your life like I ruined my life believing people around me.
The problem of early childhood trauma refers to disturbing experiences that take place in children during 0-6 years of age. The traumas that young children experience can be the effects of natural disaster, war or accidents or that of intentional violence like sexual abuse, domestic violence or physical abuse.
What Does this Condition Impact Childhood?
Traumatic events have a significant impact on your child's life and can break his sense of safety. The problem has been linked with a decrease in the size of the brain cortex. This is the part of the brain that controls several complex functions like thinking, consciousness, memory, attention, awareness, and language. The changes that occur as a result can affect your child's IQ as well as his or her ability to control emotions. As a consequence, he or she may harbor feelings of danger and become more afraid or it may manifest in other personality issues which are not very obvious.
How do you identify this condition?
Generally, children who suffer from traumas face problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors.
They may display signs like:
- Fear of new situations
- Being clingy to their parent(s) or somebody close
- Become easily frightened
- Display aggressive and/or impulsive behavior
- Are difficult to comfort
- Display deterioration in behavior and functioning
- Easily forget newly attained developmental skills
- Difficulty in sleeping
Depending on the age during which your child may go through a traumatic event, he or she can exhibit signs relevant to his or her age.
Children aged 0-2 years may also display reactions like poor verbal skills, memory problems, excessive temper, experience nightmares, etc.
On the other hand, children aged 3-6 years can face difficulties in learning as well as develop poor skill and learning disabilities, face problems in social interaction, may be unable to trust people and so on.
If this condition remains unattended or unresolved for longer, it may create personality issues and can deeply impact the individual's relationships, or equations in the society, as they grow up and even after they become adults. In fact, many behavioral problems can be traced back to childhood trauma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I lost my girlfriend 3 months ago. And since then I feel very depressed all the time I suffer from headache and tension. Please help me what should I do to get rid off this situation. Thnx.
Sir I am suffering from throat infection since 3 years. I have consulted with many doctors. But there is no improvement. By profession I am a teacher and I have to speak every time. May be this is the reason of problem. I feel itching and irritation in my throat every time. Can you advice me something.
For the past five years I did drug abuse. Now my doctor prescribed with ecigress 10 mg ,risdone .5 mg and buopron. Do I need to takes for a lifetime. Or my anxiety will go away.
Actually from last 4 month I have over thinking problem and I am swelling in past from 4 month. Actually I had over thinking problem due to my girlfriend and from last 15 days I am feeling that there is darkness around my mind and want to live alone and not even interested in studying, and disturbed my day to day life and have suicidal thoughts every now and then sir please suggest me what to do as I am very tired of this situation and I am not able to lead quality life?
Current lifestyle is such that stress becomes inevitable. But you might be aware how disastrous stress can be, it does take control of our lives. What one needs to consciously do is, take steps to address the stress that they are under.
Here are simple and effective ways to do it.
1) indulge in physical activities - most of us have sedentary lifestyles which add to stress. While indulging in workouts won't take away your stress, what will happen is that there will be clarity in your thoughts, and your emotional intensity will come down, calming you.
2) believe every problem has a solution - it is easy to be scared of the problem and let it take control of your mind & your life. Take control of them. Try to actively address your problem and look for solutions. When you act towards solving your problem, irrespective of the solution, your mind has more positive in it than stress.
3) give it away - meet people, socialize, and connect with other lives. This is actually going to solve half your problem. Not only will more things occupy your mind, and you will know of other people's problems too, but at times, sharing your stress problem warranties a quick solution!
4) treasure yourself - take some time for yourself and do what you love to do the most. Go to the spa, go shopping, read or just sleep. But make sure you have time away from work and daily chores, where you can rejuvenate your sense by doing what makes you the happiest. If nothing, meet up with friends.
5) indulge in volunteering work - helping others not only preoccupies your mind with problems of others rather than staying immersed in your own, but also helps you be more resilient. You will come out stronger and with more will to address your own issues.
6) try to stay positive all the time - appreciate what you have rather than concentrate on what you don't. Be thankful.
7) accept what you cannot change - however much we try to solve our problems, some things we cannot resolve right at the time. And there is no point in pondering over them. Accept that this is how things will be, and move on.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.