Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Jinni Jain PataniYour feedback matters!
Today ld is prevalent among 12% of school going children and is often left unnoticed. If identified at an early stage it can be remidiated (if not cured).
Unidentified ld can leave a child emotionally scared and academically backward.
What is learning disability?
Learning disability is a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or in using language -spoken or written, which may manifest itself in an imperfect ability to listen, think, speak, read, write, spell or do basic mathematical calculations. It is characterised by
A) disorder of attention and hyperactivity.
B) memory disorders.
C) academic characteristics (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculcia).
D) disorder of listening.
E) disorder of spoken language.
F) visual, auditory, haptic perception deficits
G) motor deficits in fine and gross motor skills
Some common signs of learning disabilities
1) does your child have a illegible handwriting,
2) mixture of cursive and print writing,
3) unfinished or omitted words in a sentence,
4) difficulty mastering rules of language,
5) remembering facts and numbers,
6) poor handwriting,
7) awkward pencil grip,
8) trouble with word problems in maths,
9) frequent reading and spelling errors (d, b) or (left, felt),
10) difficulty following sequence of directions,
11) trouble with word problem in maths
12, trouble learning maths facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, difficulty measuring things
If you notice at least four of the above signs you need to consult a professional.
My wife is suffering from OCD for last 20 years, but now her action is not acceptable. Makes me feel angry and I loose my temper. Request suggestion.
How to avoid love and concentrate on career? My problem is that I am unable to get away from a girl as I she doesn't like but I still want her I was fully stressed and I am not happy with myself. How can I get over that girl and stress?
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Medically, the mental or emotional aspects of stress are exceedingly important. Unhappiness, shock, illness, fear and much else can cause stress, which in turn can make people vulnerable to so many different illnesses both mental and physical. Stress and anxiety go hand in hand; every illness has a degree of anxiety. Even a predominantly physical illness like a sore throat can cause some stress. Certain illnesses have a very large stress component; particularly illnesses like depression, anxiety states and panic attacks.
A person’s tolerance of stress varies enormously – some people thrive on it; high-powered businessmen, for instance, who constantly have to make important decisions. Others buckle under quite small stresses and this may lead to illness.
For the past two centuries, Homeopaths have concentrated on the interconnection between psychology and physiology.
To start with, the homeopathic enquiry is a very profound one and very often during a consultation various factors come to light, which may be creating some degree of anxiety or stress in the patient’s life. A discussion as to how they may be overcome, removed or mitigated, can often be very helpful. Discussion itself can be extremely therapeutic. In many cases, the patient is anxious or worried because nobody has taken time to talk to them. The homeopathic physician spends a lot of time with patients. It is however very important that the practitioner should have a sound knowledge of conventional medical diagnosis because during the discussion signs and symptoms of disease which need conventional (sometimes urgent) treatment may emerge and a qualified doctor with a knowledge of diagnosis knows when to refer a patient urgently to the appropriate specialist and is able to do so.
Having carefully assessed the patient, taking into account not only his illness and how he is reacting to it, but his whole make-up, the homeopathic physician then tries to work out the patient’s constitutional remedy. If he succeeds in selecting the right remedy, the patient’s wellbeing, resistance, resilience, general health and ability to cope are enhanced and many stress symptoms can be helped.
There are a number of polychrests (medicines of many uses) often prescribed constitutionally, which are particularly appropriate for different sorts of worry and stress. The following I have used to good effect on many occasions: Lycopodium for the patient who greatly underestimates their abilities and anticipates every ordeal however small with pessimism; Silica patients are terrified of failure and Calc carbs are just too weak and exhausted to attempt anything! These medicines are only effective, of course, if they “fit” the patient so far as his whole constitution and make up is concerned.
I have not job. I will attend many interview but I was rejected sometime. I have sometime depression and confidence is to very low. I give suggestion this situation?
Doctor, I am a degree final year student. I have memory problems. I can not remember what I studied at the exams. What will be a solution?
I am 25 year male I am more attracted towards married woman,is it normal or am i having some mental disorders.pls help.
My brother suffering from stammering. Till 7year. When he was in tension he doesn't speak anyword. U answer me. Plzz.
I had problem of daily headache. I am suffering from one side of headache. Right side of head ache daily issue for me. I am very depressed due to it.
Sir/man, I take unnecessary tensions, and I am not able to keep any secret to me, I also put people around me in -ve mood bcoz I hold one topic and continue talking about it. My legs and hand tremble / shake when I go through some harsh emotions like getting angry. I am never able to keep myself calm ,I try to calm myself but fail to do so. So please give me solution to these problems ,thank u.
Sir i'm a martial artist but I have a bad habit of tobacco of not chewing can it is harmful for me or not? I can take it 4 to 5 times nd may be above per day so please tell me its ok for my health or not?
I have severe sore throat, cough and cold. There's hoarseness of voice since 4 days. How to get relief from this.
I am in stage of depression. My mother was the patient of Schizophrenia. I am feeling I have some symptoms of this as per I read about Schizophrenia in Internet.
Im 21. N im smoker. N I wanna end of smoking. Because I lose my stamina. N im addict of smoking. Bt I want forget this. So how can I possible?
I am 22 years old and my problem is, what I read that has been expire from my memory beetwin 2 or 3 days. So kindly give me some suggestion to improve my memory power.
Are you addicted to social networking sites? Generally, this addiction is caused as social media activity proves to be a stimulant for your brain’s pleasure centres. But, addiction to social media can take a toll on your health as it comes with numerous side effects. Here are some of the negative effects social media addiction has on your health.
1. Limited intellectual growth: Social media activity generally involves viewing photos, commenting on them or reading comments, reading status messages etc. When you get addicted to social media, these things constantly occupy your mind and hinder your intellectual development. This happens because your preoccupation keeps you away from learning new things, and reading or studying something that generates value. Social media addiction interferes with the development of your brain and reduces your ability to concentrate on any task.
2. Pain or cramps in the thumbs: Overuse of your thumb for typing on a mobile device can occur due to social media addiction. This in turn leads to consequences like chronic pain or cramps in your thumbs, which may result into calluses (thickening or hardening of your skin).
3. Low self-esteem: Social media addiction can lead to lower self-esteem as it makes you compare your life with that of other people. This creates an inferiority complex among most people as social media updates always project that their friends’ have a better life than them. In 2012, a team of researchers from UK conducted a study on social media users. The study revealed that out of 53% people whose behaviour had been influenced by social media addiction, 51% accepted that it diminished their confidence level.
4. Lack of attention: Remaining active on social media sites can result in decreased attentiveness and concentration levels, which are considered to be early symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. This happens due to the fact that constant use of social media websites creates a habit in people of switching from one task to another at short intervals. This has a negative impact on your attention span as you cannot concentrate on a single task for a long time.
5. Fatigue: Social media addiction is responsible for tiring your brain because of availability of too much information in a short duration of time. The brain often fails to process so much of information at such a short amount of time, which can completely exhaust you by the end of the day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.