Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Monisha RawatYour feedback matters!
My heart is beating so fast when I lie-down. I couldn't sleep properly because I feel very uncomfortable hearing heartbeat. Is it something which require medication?
I am hypertensive for which I was prescribed Amlodipine. How long should I continue with Ca channel blocker at this age or should I take some other drug for raised BP? What would you suggest.
Dear sir good afternoon I just want to know that in my lipid profile test my s. Triglyceride is 349 mg% and s cholesterol is 200 mg% now I want to know how to control it and what are the risk factors ?
Hii sir/mam I have a problem of coughing, tightness of chest, breathing issue, weakness etc from child. I gone to hospital many times and got a treatment of 3-4 days but after that this problem continues. How can I do please suggest me something I tired of this issue.
Dear Sir, I stay in NOIDA and suffering from high BP, Thyroid, stress, depression and sleep disorder since last 5 months. Since then I got treatment from Physicians. Now physician asked me to consult a Psychiatrist or Neurologist. Currently I am taking following medicines. I am not able to sleep 3-4 hours during night. Telma 20 Nexito 10 Thyronorm 100 mg SHELCAL 500 CLONOTRIL 0.5.
I am 29 year old man from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it sign of heart attack?
Blood pressure rises with each heartbeat and falls as your heart relaxes. The normal blood pressure should be less than 120/80 mm hg. An increase or decrease on either end can cause various problems.
Here are some of the natural ways to control your blood pressure.
- Having a diet low in sodium: In the event of a high blood pressure, curtail the consumption of foods that are rich in sodium. However, research reveals that sometimes it is not just enough to cut down on sodium in your diet. A person suffering from high bp should consume foods rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium as well to keep his/her bp in check.
- Drink plenty of water and curtail the consumption of alcohol: In case a person suffers from low blood pressure, it is advisable to drink plenty of water as low blood pressure is usually accompanied by bouts of dehydration, and consumption of water can help increase your blood pressure. Also, health drinks, which are rich in electrolytes, help your raise blood pressure. But one should avoid drinks that are high in sugar, and abating your alcohol consumption also helps to quite an extent.
- Burn extra calories and exercise regularly: Blood pressure usually increases with weight. Being overweight can lead to sleep apnea, which is marked by disruptive breathing while you sleep, which in turn condition can lead to increased blood pressure. Studies have found that weight loss is one of the most effective ways to control high bp. Regular physical activity is also advised to maintain a stable blood pressure.
- Avoid long, hot showers: The hot water in showers and spas can expand your blood vessels, which can often lead to a drop in blood pressure. A common sign of this would be dizziness and fainting while taking a bath. Therefore, for people suffering from this condition, using warm water rather than hot water is advisable.
- Completely avoid stress: One of the contributing factors of high blood pressure is chronic stress. Stress tends to affect blood pressure in indirect ways. Many react to stress by overeating, consumption of alcohol and smoking, all of which can increase your blood pressure. Try to know what triggers your stress and take steps to avoid it.