Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MonikukrejaYour feedback matters!
My sister is suffering from blood sugar. She is already taking insulin twice per day. But now some a days she is facing another problem, that is to many rashes are plant in her both of legs.
I am women of age 29. Recently I had a thyroid checkup. Following is the report T3 = 110.03 T4 = 9 TSH 3rd generation = 8.820 I have 2 questions 1) What is the normal range for T3, T4, TSH 3rd generation? 2) Consulted few doctors: few doctors said hypothyroidism is interactive thyroid and hyperthyroidism is overactive thyroid. So my TSH is more so I have hyperthyroidism but there are also few doctors who are saying I have hypothyroidism. I want to know do I have thyroid issue and if I have then what is the type? Can you please answer these questions.
I am diabetic since last two years and taking drugs Glysipage G2b my sugar lavel is fasting 120To130. and post lunch 160 to180. After taking drugs twice a day now a days sugar level increases what to do ?
I have a problem of less sleep. Even trying soo hard I am not able to sleep for more than 4 hours. And 8-9 hours sleep is important. Can you please help me out in this problem. I don't smoke or drink. Nor I am addictive to any of the drug. I am a sports person and only take glucose.
My dad is having diabetes (sugar). He take insulin daily. Before breakfast, lunch and dinner. 15-8-8. Wosulin 30/70. Even then his sugar is not level. Sometimes it gets only 30 and sometime it goes 600. 5 Days earlier on morning while reading newspaper my dad went hyperosmolar comma (rec. I bought a sugar mix water and put in my dads mouth. After some time he became conscious. Then I took him in hospital. Doctor gave some injection to him. Then admitted him and put drip to him. In the noon he became a bit normal. For now in the hospital for 4 days my dad is good. But his sugar is still not even level. So pls give me some suggestion to it.
I have problem that I have to go for urination continuously approx after 10 to 15 minutes when I drink some big amount of water like 1 litre. So it is the symptom of diabetes or any other thing it is?
Hi dr, can you please what is the maximum dose can thyroxine be raised. Even my mother take 150 mcg. There are still hypothyroidism symptoms after total thyroidectomy.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.