Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. MonibajwaleYour feedback matters!
I m 21 yrs old n my weight is 80kg.Aprt from regular sports like basketball.M not loosing weight.I have problem of migrane n PCOD.But my rest thyroids reports n insulin are normal.Yet not able to loose weight.N when i get feverish feeling thermometer shows maximum 99.7 temperarure.N if body temperature(rarely) increase 100 or 100+ with in an hour it shots down to 96 or 96.Any solution to it?
Sir/madam my son aged 12 yrs is suffering from fits since his age of 6 months we were using sodium valprate syrup for 3 yrs. We stopped as the symptums dis appeared for six months later attacked again, doctor advised valparin tab we used it 4 yrs then stopped using it after 6 months repeated the fits. Again doctor advised oxitol 150 mg tab twice and frisium 5 tab once a day. We r using regularly recently fits are attacking frequently. Doctor sugested to doublr the dose. On doctor's advice obtained eeg and mri. It is noticed that in eeg (abnormal eeg record suggestive of right centro parietal epileptogenic focus). In mri (closed lip schizencephaly of the right central sulcus with dysplastic grey matter lining the cleft on either side) is there parmenent cure in allowpathy. Are there any side effects by using these medicines for long time kindly reply.
I am having a constant insomnia. I take every night trika o. 5. I want to get out of this. Please suggest a way.
I am suffering from hand tremors since long. Its can be seen sometimes from outside. I used to take migrabeta TR40 for at least 1 year. My age is 30 years. I just want to know will it affect the chance of getting pregnant? Can I continue this medicine while trying for baby.
I have headache problem from few years But I don't know is it migraine How should I do come to know that I have migraine?
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I use to have headache. But after checkup got to know I dnt have migraine issue. Can you please suggest? How to get rid of this headache?
Hlo sir My brother has a big problem of migraine for about 5 years. He takes 2or 3 saridon tablets in a day when suffered. please suggest him how to end his problem.
My right leg is always like senseless. Electric shock kind of a feeling. I have never felt like that. Is this because of exercise? Gym?
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to consult a doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.