Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mona ParikYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor Suggest few nutritional food to get back my healthy thick hair as they have got thin n also less of hair fall. Also few home remedies for hair strengthening and thickening with less hair fall.
I have been masturbating since, the start of my puberty. And, hence, I have seen a severe shrinkage in the size of Penis and also a very much decrease in the facial hair growth (mustache/beard), i. E I don't look like a 24 year old adult. Can you please suggest for both of the problems?
The enlarged oil gland openings on your skin are called open pores. They are concentrated primarily on the T-zone (the forehead, nose and chin) and cheeks. Open Pores is a common problem for people who have oily skin. There is no instant fix for open pores. Luckily, you can control them with enough patience and the right remedies.
Here are some remedies you can use to treat open pores:
- Ice: Ice shrinks enlarged pores by tightening the skin. You can also use it to minimize large pores before you apply makeup. Ice also boosts the skin’s heath and stimulates circulation. You can use it on its own (by wrapping a clean washcloth around it) or use an infusion of rose water, green tea, apple juice or cucumber juice.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a skin toner and natural astringent. It tightens skin, reduces enlarged pores and restores the skin’s natural chemical balance. It is also anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial in nature, which prevent acne breakouts. Dilute apple cider vinegar in water before applying it to your face with a cotton ball.
- Egg whites: Egg whites shrink large pores by toning and tightening the skin. Make a mask with egg whites and lemon juice to reduce pores and oil on your face.
- Sugar scrub: Sugar scrub is a great exfoliator that not only reduces large pores, but also removes extra impurities and oil. Simply mix lemon juice, sugar and olive oil together and gently massage it on your skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has exfoliating properties, and it effectively removes dirt, debris and oil from the skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it can also be used to reduce pimples and acne. Apply a mixture of lukewarm water and baking soda to your face, gently massage it and then rinse with cold water.
- Fuller’s earth/Multani Mitti: Multani mitti is a miraculous natural remedy that has many useful properties. It reduces open pores, absorbs extra oil and exfoliates the skin. Additionally, it also reduces blemishes and scars and benefits skin that is damaged by sun. You can make a paste of multani mitti with water or rose water and apply it to your face. Keep it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then remove it with cold water.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I'm having severe hair fall since 2 years unable to control it. Can I have any suggestions to control it effectively?
In my hairs there is a lot of dandruff is producing now a days I have tried all shampoos then please tell me a better option to remove it from my head hairs?
Is it safe to use sunscreens? I'm worried about getting tanned, but the other serious issues like skin cancer prevent me from using sunscreens even though I live in one of the hottest places of India. Any natural ways to prevent tanning?
I am 19 year old school boy I am suffering from hair fall since last some 8 to 11 months daily so is bald is the solution of hair fall in the future. Is bald work for me or not.
Sir/mam main 21 saal ki hu mere rang din pe din kala hota ja raha hai or use bhi jayada mera sar jyada kala hai mere baki chere se or uspe acne bhi bhaut hai aur face bhaut baal bhi hai. please help me.
I'm 22 years old male, I have a regular hair fall. My hair gets oily when I don't use hair oil or hair gel. This has been from last 8 months. What should I do pls suggest me. Thanks.
My daughter age is 10 ,when she is going school her face skin become dull dry heads, looking black so can she use sunskin lotion? If yes please advise which sunskin cream she can use.
She has hair fall since 2 3 months. She changed her shampoo 3 months back. We thought because of that the hair were falling. So we reverted back to the same shampoo. But the hair loss didnt stop.
Psoriasis is a condition in which rapidly multiplying skin cells cause the affected area to become rough, scaly and itchy. The affected area becomes red and sometimes painful and while the disease can’t be cured, it can be managed by limiting the rapidly multiplying cells. The immune system is thought to be compromised in psoriasis which leads to infection by opportunistic bacteria such as streptococcus. Untill, recently, psoriasis was thought to be idiopathic, but studies show emotional imbalance or triggers such as cold and infections might lead to activating an inherently present gene. Even though it is usually limited to the skin, it can affect the joints and nails too. This autoimmune disorder occurs in patches wherein the scaly formation might become irksome, especially if it is in uncommon areas such as the mouth and the genitalia. Psoriasis is also thought to be a result of alcoholism or medication such as lithium which is used to treat epilepsy or bipolar.
Common homeopathic remedies
When treating psoriasis, homeopathy is a trove of invaluable resources and treatment options. Medication is customised to the patient after taking into account their personal medical history.
Homeopathy acts by trying to manage the root cause of psoriasis which is an immunocompromised state of being. The added advantage of homeopathy in treatment is the lack of side effects.
Here are some of the most feasible treatments for treating psoriasis with homeopathy.
1. Kalium Bromatum (Kali Brom): It is the first line of treatment in a lot of cases of psoriasis especially when the red patches are covered with silver scales. It is also used in case of syphilitic psoriasis.
2. Kalium Arsenicosum (Kali Ars): It is an effective treatment for psoriasis on the back and the arms.
4. Sulphur: It is best suited for skinny people or those who are forgetful.
5. Calendula: It helps soothe and provide temporary pain relief for affected areas especially if it is inflamed, but it doesn’t address the underlying cause of the disease and hence doesn’t treat it.
6. Kalium Sulphuricum (Kali Sulph): It is best used in Guttate psoriasis (Psoriasis exhibiting papules or solid growths on the skin), especially when sebaceous secretions are also involved.
7. Arsenic album: It is used in case of psoriasis that improves by applying warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.