Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mona Parekh
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mona ParekhYour feedback matters!
From last 1 year I am having dandruff and it is not getting off .Please suggest the right treatment.
Gud evng doctor Mere face pr slightly dark spots n jhaii jhaii ho rahi h and summer and pr chote chote pimple please suggest me and can I use rajuglow face wash.
When a particularly soft part of the foot suffers from too much pressure or friction, it can lead to the eruption of corns. This happens because the superficial tissues rise to the surface in order to prevent an internal injury and in time, they bear a hard coating which is basically a protective layer. When this protective layer develops a pointed structure right in the middle it is known as a corn. Let is find out more about the causes and treatment for the same.
Causes: A corn is basically a natural reaction of the skin to excessive friction as well as pressure. This is known as Hyperkeratosis. While these mainly appear on the hands and feet, they may get localised within the areas that appear to be under a lot of pressure. So why does this friction or pressure happen? The causes could range from tight fitting shoes to high heels as well as cramped footwear like combat boots, which are worn on a prolonged basis. Also, this friction may happen when a person wears shoes without socks too frequently. Further, people suffering from a condition known as hammertoes can also get corns. Finally, when you run, dance or jump bare feet on the sand or other hard surface for too long, you may develop corns.
Homeopathic medicines that help in fighting corns:
- Antim Crudum: This homeopathy medicine can help when the feet are covered with too many corns which makes walking difficult. Also, it is the best medicine to treat corns that are too pointed and hard to touch. Further, it also helps those patients who are overweight which may cause pressure due to which these corns may erupt.
- Sulphur: When there is a burning pain that the patient experiences in the soles and the corns, then this condition can be treated with the help of sulphur which also ensures that the hard coating of corn quickly yields from the very first dose or application. This also helps those patients who find their feet sweating excessively due to the development of these corns.
- Ferrum Picric: This medicine can help patients when the corn becomes discoloured and affects the hue of the surrounding area as well.
- Lycopodium: When walking around with the corn causes a dull pain and persistent ache, then the patient can use this medicine. This medicine also helps in treating symptoms like pain in the heels when the patient steps on something hard.
- Silicea: When the corn is still soft, the best homeopathic medicine for this condition is Silicea which also helps in treating symptoms like icy cold feet and pus formation in the corns.
Using homeopathy can take a while to show results but the treatment is generally long term. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am loosing hair quickly. I was use many shampoo for this. BT I have lost my hair in many no. I want to secure our hairs.
Recently I met with an accident and my face got injured and skin got peeled off. Can I know how to treat the soft tissue of face in order to avoid the future marks? thanks in advance.
Hi I heard from my friend that washing hair with rum gives the scalp a good nourish and it is also good in fighting dandruff. Please help.
I am having a small hole on bare side of leg that's in my foot. It has swollen a bit. M having my kathak event today. What should I do to heal that.
Wrinkles are a normal yet unsightly sign of aging, which can come about due to various reasons including too much exposure to the sun, poor diet, excessive smoking and drinking, lack of proper sleep, advent of age, loss of moisture and elasticity as well as collagen, which creates a smooth and supple look and other such reasons. Cosmetic and plastic surgeons are now turning to a variety of methods to lessen the pronounced look of wrinkles and remove them for younger looking skin.
Here are a few methods currently in use:
- Fillers: Fillers like collagen and others including poly lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxylapatite and Hyaluronic acid can be used to restore the elasticity of the skin even as they provide precious hydration. These injectables can be used on the face as well as on hands for a smooth and supple look.
- Botox: To get rid of the lines on the forehead and to prevent the onset of more pronounced wrinkles, Botox or Botulinum Toxin Type A is a favoured element used by many cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This is usually administered via injection.
- Retinoids: This is administered with a surgical procedure in order to remove uneven pigmentation as well as the roughness of skin, which sets in with age and excessive smoking and sun exposure. It may cause skin peeling and redness.
- Laser: The use of laser resurfacing can also help in stimulating collagen production of the skin, which restores some of its elasticity so that wrinkles may be removed and further wrinkles prevented.
- Surgery: The use of surgical methods like face lifts, brow lifts and other cosmetic processes can help in giving the skin a tighter look, which does away with the appearance of wrinkles. These are usually minor procedures from which one will heal fast.
- Dermabrasion: This method is a surgical one that basically sands the surface of the skin in order to remove the wrinkles. It can cause side effects like permanent discolouration of the skin as well as scarring of sensitive skin in particular.
- Peels: Glycolic acid peels and deeper peels that use elements like Salicylic acid can be used to go deep into the skin and making it smooth again. It basically makes a difference to the fine lines. There is a chance of side effects like scarring, bruising and general discolouration in this method as well.
Adequate sleep, good nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and a good skin care regimen can help in keeping wrinkles at bay for a long time. Moisturising with products that contain plenty of vitamin A and E can also help in reducing fine lines.