Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mona ParekhYour feedback matters!
I have deep under eye dark circle I will use melaglow rich but its can not fade away of 1 year I am sleep 8 hours regularly please suggest me good cream sir.
I am suffering from dry scaly eyelids for so many years. I remember once I went to doctor and he prescribed some ointment and it got reduced. But now days it started again. And its really hard to remove those flakes. What should I do. Any ointments for it to remove? Or make it soft. It should go by one simple wash.
Stretch marks affect men and women equally and are quite normal. Stretch marks occur due to sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions in both men and women. Athletes or body builders doing heavy exercises are more likely to get stretch marks due to rapid changes in their body.
Stretch marks are visible stripes or lines that appears in various parts of the body; depending on where the skin tears. The commonly affected body parts are lower abdomen and thighs; however, they can also be seen on arms, buttocks, etc. Pregnancy is one main reason in women for these visible lines on their lower abdomen.
But do not worry! you can get rid of them very easily if you follow these simple yet effective home remedies regularly:
1. Massage with olive oil: olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. Regularly massaging your body with warm olive oil will help in improving the blood circulation and reducing those visible stretch marks.
2. Apply egg whites: eggs are a rich source of protein. Whip the whites of two eggs and apply a thick layer of the egg whites over the affected areas. Allow it to dry and then rinse the area with cold water. Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
3. Scrub with coffee powder: gentle scrubbing with coffee helps in lightening stretch marks gradually as it has anti-oxidant properties.
4. Apply a mixture of lemon juice, sugar and glycerine: lemon contains a good amount of citric acid nd sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent. Scrubbing your skin with a coarse mix of lemon juice and sugar can help in removing dead skin and reducing the unsightly appearance of stretch marks on the arms, thighs, etc. You can add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture to keep your skin moisturized.
5. Massage with almond and coconut oil: mix almond and coconut oil and apply this mixture to the affected area regularly. This will significantly help in getting rid of stretch marks.
6. Apply aloe vera gel regularly: regular application of aloe vera gel helps in stimulating cell growth that helps in the reduction of stretch marks. Additionally, its healing and soothing properties keep the skin hydrated, rejuvenated, and glowing.
Ways to prevent and get rid of stretch marks:
1. Maintain a healthy body weight. Consume protein, zinc and vitamin c rich foods in abundance. Green salad, milk, fish, nuts and citrus fruits help a lot in minimizing stretch marks.
2. Keep your body hydrated by increasing fluid intake.
3. Avoid rapid increase or decrease in weight.
4. Plan slow weight gain during pregnancy.
5. Avoid prolong exposure to sun.
But, if stretch marks are severe or interfering with your self-confidence, treatment options are available. You can consult a doctor who specializes in treating them to learn about possible solutions and ways to reduce their appearance.
I was using L'oreal Revitalift Anti-aging Night Cream, and it was working fine, then I took a break of around 2 months then when I started using it again(since then the formula of the cream had change which I didn't notice) I noticed increased wrinkles and saggin under eyes and on the neck, all the there was swelling on the face, since then I researched and found about two compounds that may have been behind the reaction, one is Tretinoin and other is Methylisothiazolinone. Now I want to start using something that provides same results as the old L'oreal creams was providing. Skin tightning, removal of file lines, shrinked pores, glow, more sculpted face contour. What would you suggest ?
On my nose and chin I will be getting very painful red colour pimple like ones before periods start but they are not pimples. They will be very painful and next day pus will be accumulated in them .if they come every month that is the sign that my periods will arrive and start disintegrating as period starts what are they and why they are coming? I am on ttc but when I see these I will know that periods are coming soon what should I do?
My nose is not in a perfect shape. Its like curved. It may reduces the fairness. So please suggest me how to get perfect shape. Is this possible by medicine. If surgery means how much I need to spend doctor. Does surgery makes any side effects. Is this safe.
I used to smoke. And my lips is totally dry. Black.do you have any kind of medicine and baam to solve this kind kf problem and my lips would be pink as well as in normal colour.
I am a 22 year female. I am suffering from lot of hair fall. I have done hair straightening few months back. please suggest me some remedies which solves this without damaging the straight hairs.
I have a fairer body compared to my face. My face has got dark spots. And black heads on my cheeks my age is 18 nd iam a boy nd I would like a way out so that I can remove the layer of tan from my face. Please recommend me a face wash and face cream.
Sir I have an habit of putting glycerine to my face regularly at night now I am so addict to it that if I not use it one or two days my face will start irritating so much plz help wht I do and I an also regular use of sunscreen.
I'm 20 years old boy, I suffers from oily skin, I tried lot of face packs but I can't get rid of oily skin. Will you please suggest any tips to get rid of oily skin permanently?
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.