Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mona KukrejaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. Me and my husband are trying for a baby for 6 months but I have not conceived yet. My period was on 10 feb 2016 and we are having intercourse regularly. After sex, I remain lying on bed for 15-20 minutes. Can I conceive?
Hi doctor, I am 26 and trying to conceive. In follicular study doctor came to know my eggs are not growing to enough size. So prescribed me siphene for 5 days from 2nd day of cycle. Then HCG 10000 mg shot on 14 th day, continued by duphaston for 10 days. After trying the above for 2 cycles I still didn't get pregnant. Please advise me.
Hello Doctor, My name is Aditi and I have diabetes since 2 years and m taking medicines (Glyciphage SR 500mg) after breakfast -1 and after dinner -1 with folvite 5 mg. So, I want to ask that since m planning for pregnancy, if I get pregnant. Will these medicines have any side effect on my baby?
My wife is 5 months pregnant and we are very much interested to know the gender of the little one just curious, because we are expecting baby girl. Is there any way? Will any of the symptoms work in getting us know.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
2-3 days before my actual periods I observe a slight bleeding. And I get heavy periods accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen. Is there anything to worry? How can I get rid of the pain during those days?
Hi I'm a 21 year old female and I had a query about sex related problems. I had sex on 31st October and had an ipill just after sex. My period was due on 5th November ,which came on 7th November (2 days late) after that I had protected sex on 5th December (after almost a month. Its 7th December today and I still have no signs of a period. I am worried if I am pregnant or its just a delayed period because of the ipill I had on 31st October. Please clear my doubts.
The smell of your body acts the same as a natural aphrodisiac, and it can entice your partner for immediate sex. However, if the same pleasing smell is converted into a bad odor then your sexual life with your partner would become a little objectionable. It is very imperative that we take care of personal hygiene as regards essential parts of our body to guarantee a happy as well as healthy sex life. Care should be taken that we do not mess up with cleanliness issues and to achieve a healthier comfort zone and follow a few essential tips related to personal hygiene.
General Health Tips to Be Followed:
- The first and foremost hygiene tip that must be followed to avoid bad smell is to take a shower. It would make you feel fresh and provide better energy to perform the sexual act.
- It is very essential for couples who want to enjoy oral sex to wash their sexual organs properly. If the sexual organs are not washed properly your partner would be reluctant in giving you oral pleasure. Hence, proper a cleanup is a must and this must be done before and after having sex, which is obligatory even for your personal health.
- In the course of sexual acts, partners often tend to touch the body parts of their partner and if the body parts are hairy, then that too can put your partner off. It is therefore, necessary that all the brittle hair is shaved off properly, and it should be trimmed neatly. The body hair can make it uneasy for you to enjoy sex with your partner.
- The most important hygiene tip that needs to be followed is to keep your hands and nails clean. If the hands or nails are dirty, they are likely to carry harmful microbes in them and that possibly will irritate your partner as well. To feel nice and enjoy sex in a better way it is always better that body parts are cleaned properly.
- Discomfort in sex is also caused when your mouth stinks due to eating something, and your partner would feel reluctant to kiss. It is therefore, best that you brush your teeth before going to bed. The other way you can get rid of the smell is taking some mouth freshener or chewing a mint. It would help in attaining pleasant smell in your mouth.
These hygiene tips must be followed to enjoy romantic moments in your life. Moreover, it is always good to stay clean and maintain personal hygiene.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My gf had ipill twice a month but 5 to 8 days of difference and now she started her period which is unusual because she already had her period for this month and her periods are not stopping and its 4 days please help.
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 3, I'm suffering from Pcod n TTC since 1+ yrs, my doctor suggested me to take follicular study on CD 9, CD 12 n CD 14. She also prescribed Ovofar for 5 days. Please help me out, what is the procedure of follicular study n how is it useful? What is Ovofar tablet? At what days we can have intercourse (my hubby staying 600 kms far, n nt able to take leave for more than 2 days)? Please help me Thanks in advance.
My wife's ovulation day falls on her 17th day of her cycle. Is it healthy sign. We are planning for a baby for last 6 months.
She is suffering from period delay . Her last period date was 16 April 2016 . Its almost 2 months after her period but till now there is no sign of period again . We also done pregnancy test with kit 2 times but the results were negative. Please suggest any solutions so that she again have a regular period.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Abdominal diseases like colitis and appendicitis
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Exercise and diet- extremely overweight or underweight women may have problems in conceiving.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.