Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mona Kukreja
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mona KukrejaYour feedback matters!
As I was suffering from mild PCOD and trying to conceive, doctor had put me on Glycomet 500 mg (Metformin) and I've been taking the same for five months now. I've also had a miscarriage in March at 6 weeks. Also taking Thyronorm 50 every day for thyroid. Should I stop Glycomet or continue? Any side effects to Glycomet?
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.
I am 45 years old. My latest lower abdomen scan report shows Uterus -Anteverted, LS: 6.2 cm TS: 8.0 cm LMP: 1 years 9mons, EM: Atrophic, Right ovary: Visualised LS: 1.8 cm TS: 1.5 cms Left ovary: Visualised LS: 1.3 cm TS: 1.4 cms cough of Douglas: No free fluid in the child sac. Comments: small calcified fibroids seen. I want to know whether I attained menopause completely. Am I pregnant now? Please answer these 2 questions:
I took an emergency contraceptive pill for the first time on the 10th april just half hour after the inter course. My actual date of periods is on the 21st april. When is it likely that I would get my periods this month
I am 7 month pregnant. And from last day I feel less movements of my fetus. It is normal in pregnancy. please rly. Thanks.
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine, which is readily gaining popularity nowadays. The system being relatively uncommon, people did not generally opt for this medicine system earlier, but here are reasons why you should opt for Homeopathy.
- Natural: The medicines are completely gentle on your body because of being natural. Homeopathy works by strengthening the natural defense mechanism of your body, which keeps you protected from infections and creates a long lasting and powerful healing impact.
- No side effects: Homeopathic medicine is absolutely harmless and it does not react with other bodily elements to cause harmful side effects that can harm your body in the short or long run.
- Permanent cure: Although Homeopathic medicines take longer periods of time to work as compared to allopathic medicines, the cure is powerful and long lasting. It tends to uproot your problem in such a way that it has a minimal chance of reoccurrence.
- Cost effective: Homeopathic medicines are mostly inexpensive and readily available. These medicines are mostly available in powder, liquid or small spherical sugar pill form and are easy to manufacture and transport.
- Efficient relief: In case of your day to day medical problems like cold, cough, mild fever, cuts or bruises, insect bites, gastric problems, etc. you can readily depend upon Homeopathic medicine for a quick, cheap and long lasting relief.
- Complementary medicine: Homeopathic medicines, if taken in combination with some other conventional form of therapy can help you to alleviate the side effects of that conventional medicine. These medicines act as excellent complements in some cases like chemotherapy to treat cancer.
- Environment friendly: These medicines are totally environment friendly in nature and they do not degrade or pollute the environment in any manner. The manufacturing of Homeopathic medicines does not release any toxins into the environment and the medicines themselves are totally biodegradable in nature.
- Absolutely safe: Unlike conventional forms of medications, Homeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings rather than dummy animals. In this way it is ensured that the medicines that you consume are 100% safe for human consumption. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 19 years old Me and my bf were naked on bed he ejaculated on my stomach and my back and cleaned it with towel after that he touched my outer vagina anal with side of penis is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help.
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!