Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MominYour feedback matters!
My mom has excessive pain in knees joint had many medicines but it doesn't give any relief please guide us if there any home remedies.
I have backache from last 24 days. I have been taking dolo from last 21 days but no relief. What should I do?
Right side of head lower portion above ear feels heavy and veins feels pulsation and in my neck had pain since February 2016.
Sir mere kamar k nichle hisse me bahot dard rahta hai Aise mujhe kuch takleef nahi hoti Aram se jhuk bhi skata hu uth baith kar skta hu Par jab kbi achanak se jhukta hun toh dard badh jata hai Aur JB cricket khelta hu fielding time b jhuk nhi pata agar zabrdsti jhuka to drd hone lgta hai to sir bataiye mai kya kru Mai x ray karane soch rha kra lu kya Thnx in advance.
From last couple of days I have pain in different areas of shoulder at night. What will be the reason.
I am 35 year old man I have an rta since 2004 have a brikal plakses injuries the have fit by plate & screw. I have lost my right hand power how to recover my power the operation done by Dr. R. R kanujiya at indo horisama institute of hand spine and microsurgery at patna.
Sir my brother suffering wrist and ankle pain last one month doctor given treatment of chickengunia. But problem remains same condition. Then doctor lastly checked blood sample test in that all test are negative. I not understand what can I do? Please doctor give me some way from that problems.
I have been having frequent sharp pain in my left shoulder shooting down to arms since a week. Is it a symptom of Heart attack or is it just a minor cramp which might have occurred during my weight training session?
Dear sir/ mam I having shoulder pain. Some time while i play Badminton when i take force from my shoulder. In winters i took some heat and feel much better can u please help and tell some exercise or medicine and tell me why this happening to me?
My mother in law is 65 yrs. Old has pain at the back and this pain divides from back to toes while standing and walking .We are unable to predict the cause of this. Her weight is 94 kgs. Kindly suggest the best way to come out of this problem.
I am 55 years old male. I am getting pain in the middle and next finger at the tip and by the side of the nails. It is subsiding automatically after some time. Some time the pain is very acute and at other times the pain is bearable.
I have chronic pain from neck to lower back. Have undergone mri and xrays but no such major problem was diagnosed. So I want a solution now so what should I do?
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.
One of the most common diseases that afflict a large section of the population is arthritis. It is common among people who are above 40 years of age. Acute joint pain, difficulties in movement and weakened bones are among the most common symptoms of arthritis. Given the fact that it is a condition that has permeated into modern life so deeply is what makes arthritis one of the most feared illnesses of this time. Although there are multiple forms of arthritis, there are primarily two types, which are:
- Osteoarthritis: This is characterized by a breakdown of the cartilage between the bones. It is mostly known to affect a person’s joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a form of auto immune disease that severely affects the lining within the joints of bones.
The causes of arthritis might vary from person to person. Some of them are discussed below:
- Diet and nutrition habits: Some food items, especially red meat and products derived from animals can cause a rise in the level of uric acid thus, increasing the risks of arthritis as well as gout. Smoking also has been known to worsen this condition.
- Genetic predisposition: Some people are more prone to develop arthritis as they are genetically predisposed to it.
- Problem in the immune system: Rheumatoid arthritis is one condition which is caused by the attack of immune system on the lining of the joints within the body.
Risk factors for arthritis include:
- Obesity: The joints are subject to excess stress because of the excess weight. This results in a higher risk of arthritis in obese people.
- Age: The risk of arthritis increases with age.
- Family history: It is possible for you to be vulnerable to this disorder if arthritis runs in the family.
- Previous injury: People who have had a previous joint injury are more susceptible to arthritis.
Typical symptoms of both forms of arthritis are:
- Redness in the affected areas
- Stiffness in the joints
- Pain in the joints of the body
- Swelling in particular joints or most joints of the body
- Decreased mobility either due to pain or stiffness
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.