Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohandas ShettyYour feedback matters!
Suddenly my wife started itching continuously on her body & it started developing rashes on legs, hand and face. Sometimes rashes disappeared and again came during the day. This happened for one day and then she took cetrizine and now she is feeling better. No rashes no itching. Prior to this, one night before- she had severe acidity problem and then itching started next morning. Please can you suggest something to stop the itching and rashes on her skin. Thanks.
I am suffering from sagging skin problem due to fast weight loss. Please advice. I am 25 years old male.
I am 25 years old guy, in summer my skin becomes tan, and gets pimples on face, what should I use to glow my skin and remove pimples? Please advice some non cosmetic products.
I am 23 years old male. I was so fair when I was young. Now due to high exposure to sunlight, I have become dark. What cream should I use to protect my skin from sunlight (please suggest me a cream which do not cause pimples) and how to regain my fairness (please suggest good brands)
I am male aged 24. I have deep sunken eyes. What are the foods to be taken by me to get rid of sunken eyes.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for four months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Healthy skin is one that stays taut and firm. Anetoderma is a rare benign condition where the dermis loses elastic tissue. This results in the formation of a depression in the skin or flaccid skin. This condition is also known as macular atrophy, anetoderma maculosa, and atrophia maculosa cutis. Anetoderma is not contagious.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than men. It usually affects people in their late teens and early twenties. Premature babies born with a very low birth weight are also susceptible to this condition. In rare cases, it can run in the family and affect identical twins.
Depending on how it is triggered, there are two types of Anetoderma; primary and secondary. Both forms of this condition may be associated with systemic diseases that include infections like leprosy, HIV and lyme disease, inflammatory or autoimmune conditions and medications like penicillamine.
This is marked by the spontaneous eruptions of lesions on the skin without any other symptoms. The cause for primary anetoderma has not yet been determined. The suggested causes include antiphospholipid antibodies, immunological abnormalities and reduced production of elastin. It has also been associated with cataract, bone calcifications, myocardial infarction and blegvad-haxthausen syndrome
In this case, atrophic lesions are preceded by inflammatory or autoimmune processes. This usually occurs at the site of skin conditions such as chicken pox, syphilis, tumours, acne, infantile haemangioma etc.
Both types of anetoderma can occur simultaneously. The main symptoms of primary and secondary anetoderma are:
Small, round or oval lesions on the upper arms, upper body and thighs. These lesions rarely occur on the neck, face, palms and soles. They may be isolated to grouped together to give a patchy appearance.
1. Atrophic papules
2. Loss of elastic tissue in the skin
3. Fine, diffused wrinkling
Till date, there is no known cure for this disease. If the number of lesions is limited the doctor may look at surgical excision as an option. Different forms of medication have been experimented with, but have not given consistent results. Some of the types of medication prescribed include aspirin, penicillin, vitamin E, niacin, topical epsilon-aminocaproic acid and oral colchicines.
Some cases have also shown improvement on being treated with carbon dioxide fractional lasers and pulsed dye lasers. In cases of secondary anetoderma, successfully identifying and curing the underlying condition can clear up the lesions as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I want to get fair skin. I am 27 years male .I have tried many things but no results. Pls advice me.
Hi my grand ma is suffering from psoriasis skin disease .skin is becoming black in palms and surface of legs. Skin is removing like layers. She using cesol mf cream for that disease .can you please suggest cure for that thanks in advance.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"
I am having dark circles around my eyes since last 4 years. They become very dark certain times. And it looks like a deep hole around eye balls. please tell some home remedy or medication tube.
These days I noticed that my skin is getting dry and wrinkles also. I am 25 year old unmarried woman. Please do let me know how to get out of this. I feel like I am looking aged now.
I have black chickenpox scars on my nose is there any easiest DIY remedies that can give me rid from it? I want DIY remedies like using lemon, tomato, coconut oil and how to use it?
I have dark circles and my lips had became black due to smoking .i use to smoke very long back but now I have quite smoking ,but smoking effects are still there on my face .what should I do to remove dark circles and blackness from my lips?
1. Olive oil : Massage your hands with some warm olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily to enjoy soft and smooth hands. Olive oil has anti - ageing effects also.
2. Oatmeal : It is a natural cleanser and an exfoliater. Also its protein content locks the skin moisture inside keeping them soft. Prepare a mixture with 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey and a little water to make a paste. You can also add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice.Rub this mixture on your hands.Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
3. Coconut oil:It is not only good for dry skin but also soothes the skin damaged by UV rays. Apply warm extra-virgin coconut oil on your hands.Massage for about 5 minutes using circular motions before going to bed everyday.
4. Milk cream : A natrural moisturizer, an exfoliater and the skin ph maintainer. So rub some fresh milk cream on your hands. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse off your hands thoroughly with lukewarm water. You can use this remedy daily.
5. Honey : An antioxidant with anti ageing effects. Mix equal amounts of honey and glycerin. Apply it on your hands, wait 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
6. Lemon juice: Its a cleanser and lightens any spots on skin. Add the juice of 1 lemon and some honey to a small tub filled with lukewarm water. Soak your hands in it for about 10 minutes. Pat dry, then apply a little bit of vitamin E oil or olive oil to maintain the moisture level of your skin. Use this remedy a few times a week.
गीले तौलिये वाला उपाय करने से अधिकांश त्वचा रोग समाप्त हो जाते हैं, क्योंकि रोगों को निकलने का मार्ग मिल जाता है। लेकिन अगर आपकी समस्या बहुत पुरानी है तो उसे जल्द ठीक करने के लिए उस स्थान पर गीली मिट्टी का लेप करना चाहिए। ऐसी मिट्टी पूरी तरह साफ की हुई होनी चाहिए और उसमें किसी भी प्रकार की गन्दगी, कूड़ा-करकट या कंकड़ नहीं होने चाहिए। इस मामले में चिकनी मिट्टी और पीली मिट्टी सबसे अच्छी होती है। या आप बाजार में हर जगह उपलब्ध मुल्तानी मिट्टी को पानी में घिसकर या भिगोकर उसका उपयोग कर सकते हैं। मुल्तानी मिट्टी त्वचा से गंदगी साफ करने के लिए बहुत कारगर है और इसके कोई साइड इफेक्ट भी नहीं हैं। यह त्वचा रोगों को समाप्त करने एवं त्वचा को मुलायम रखने में बहुत सहायक है।