Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohandas ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam, Sir actually 3-4 days ago when I was sitting on the bench I felt a kind of pain on my ass/bum I don't knw how to explain it to you, actually first I thought it's a kind of small pimple but it starts increasing and now it has increased to the level that when I walk it pains a lot then I touched the area where it was paining it was quite harder and swollen type I don't knw what it is and this piece of shit is situated on the right part of my ass nearly close to the hole which pains a lot too when i'm in the bathroom and doing my stuff. Sir please help me it's becoming a curse for me.
Impetigo is one of the most contagious skin infections that affects young children and in rare cases, adults. This rash can usually be seen on the face, neck and hands of children between the ages of 2 and 6 and in the groin area in the case of diaper wearing infants. This infection is not life threatening and is usually resolved within two or three weeks.
Homeopathy can be easily used to treat this condition. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that has negligible side effects. This makes it an ideal form of treatment for infections that affect children. However, before any form of homeopathic medication can be prescribed for impetigo, it is essential to understand the causes and symptoms of this disease.
This condition can be triggered by the effects of two types of bacteria; bacteria-strep (streptococcus pyogenes) and staph (staphylococcus aureus). This is important to note as the form of treatment depends on the type of bacteria that triggered the condition. In most cases, bacteria infects the body through an open wound or irritated skin that has been affected by eczema, insect bites etc. Bacteria can also affect the skin under a child’s nose that is raw due to a cold or allergies. However, sometimes, it can also affect healthy skin.
The infection can spread from one child to another through close contact or by sharing clothing, towels, sheets, toys etc. This puts children attending day care at a high risk of contacting this infection. Other factors that can raise the risk of suffering from impetigo are diabetes, poor hygiene, dermatitis, warm and humid weather and low immunity. Children who participate in contact sports such as football are also at a high risk of contacting this infection.
Open sores are the most noticeable symptom of this condition. These sores begin as small red spots on the skin that may be as small as a pimple or as large as a coin. With time, they gradually develop into fluid filled blisters. These blisters either burst on their own to form open sores or are created when children scratch them. Once open, these sores ooze for a few days before forming a yellowish crust.
Though these sores are not painful, they are very itchy. By scratching the sores, they can spread form one part of the body to another and increase in size. The longer this disease is left untreated, the higher the chances of scarring and hence it is essential to consult a doctor as soon as you start noticing any of its symptoms.
I am 21 year old male. I have too much pimples acne & blackheads since from 6 to 7 years so please suggest me something to get a clear skin. Thank you.
Dear sir There is itching and rashes in my skin inner wearing area and the itching on hands also. Please refer a herbal soap used for me. And to recover from all itches. Now I am using pears.
Hi,Mera chahera oily h main jo cream use karta hu pimple ho jate h koi night cream btaiye jisse pimple na ho andera chehra vi good look lage.
I want to know that which is the best way to remove hair wax or hair removing cream. Is any of them harm my skin or health.
I have black dark chickenpox scars on my face can you please suggest me some DIY remedies like using lemon or tomato please suggest me which is more successful in removing scars quickly?
Hi Doc's, I don't understand what is happening with my skin it's getting black and black as I am growing ,I don't go out much, please suggest me some good medicines or stuff I should eat to make my skin white as it was. I would be very much grateful.
My newborn baby is suffering from some rashes. What changes I need to bring in her lifestyle to get rid of it?
Dear Sir/madam requesting to please help me out for issue of fungal infection/jock itch in and around groin and bump area it keep spreading day by day though I have been following doctors suggestion like not use jeans daily bath fresh inner wear separate towel soap etc. Still is since one year until I would be keep taking medicines im fine that is course suggested by doctors once I stop again within few days it starts I took diprovate g, then onabet along with sebifin 250 mg tablets again sebifin plus ointment with sebifin tabs but no cure.
Everyone desires a beautiful glowing skin, but a certain amount of effort and dedication is needed to achieve that. Apart from a basic skin care routine, you also need to eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle to flaunt that inner glow. Making sure that your skin is safe, considering the pollution and the free radicals you expose your skin to, is important too.
Knowing the answers to certain questions can really benefit your skin. Read on to find out the most important questions you should definitely keep in mind on your next visit to the dermatologist.
- Do you have any symptoms of sun damage: Sunspots are the most common signs of overexposure to sunlight, which can be easily noticed if they are on your face, hands, or legs. But there are areas on your body which might be affected and are not visible like back, ear, and feet. Let your dermatologist check your skin for any signs, because negligence can lead to skin cancer.
- Why are you breaking out frequently: Instead of applying numerous anti-acne products and trying out home remedies, it is better to seek guidance from a dermatologist. There can be various reasons for acne like hormonal fluctuations, skin care products, poor diet, etc. The dermatologist can figure out the reason and provide suitable medications to help you effectively deal with acne.
- Is your current skin care routine suitable for you: There is always something new in the market and you might be tempted to try them. No matter what the product claims, you need to get a heads up from your dermatologist before using them because they can cause harmful reactions to your skin or lead to break out. A dermatologist's job is to examine your skin and determine the issues to recommend appropriate products that can target the problem areas. On your next visit, be sure to carry your current skin care products to know whether they are working for you.
- Do your moles look suspicious: If any of your moles have changed over time, then you must get it checked. The common symptoms of melanoma are moles with uneven color, large diameter and asymmetrical border.
Related Tip: "Should I Use A Lotion Or A Cream For Dry Skin?"
How to remove tanning from hands? At home? I tried using suncream but it does not stay all day long. Is there any home remedy to remove tanning. Within 2-3 days?
Dear Doctor, i've facing problems with dark circles and puffiness .i could not find cause why its happening. I'm getting 8-9 hours sleep. I have work with laptop.
Hello my name is Dinesh Singh I am 21 years old and I am suffering from a usual skin disease. My skin is getting too dried on my face, near neck nd my left arm and is coming out with a lot of itching.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.