Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mohandas S. ShettyYour feedback matters!
My father is heart patient. And 3year ago my father admit in hospital and take two ring pls suggest me Hart problem in future time.
I am suffering from a dry cough from the last 7 days and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should I done?
I am 28 years female. Recently did lipid profile. My cholesterol level is 200 and ldl is 140. Any suggestion for these?
Hi I am 25 year old female, working in Mnc 9 to 6 timings, I feel I have high bp, because I am constantly being angry on every other person. Please suggest me. Do I need to see a doctor?
Homeopathy is a method of treatment, which is based on the fact that symptoms of a certain disease, if induced in small quantities, may help cure the same disease in a sick person. Cardiological disorders are complications of the heart; they can range from various disorders, such as heart attack or irregular heartbeats.
Homeopathic remedies are based on naturally occurring substances and are given to the patients in a diluted form. These remedies trigger the symptoms in small quantities and heal the body.
The various homeopathic treatments for cardiological disorders are:
- Latrodectus: This treatment is used to treat symptoms of precordial pain in the body.
- Aurum metallicum: Aurum metallicum is used in treating symptoms of weakness in the muscles of the heart.
- Aconitum:This treatment is used when a person is having a heart attack.
- Spigelia: Spigelia is used in the treatment of irregular heartbeats which may cause sharp pain in the chest.
- Cactus grandiflorus: This treatment is used in treating angina pectoris, which is characterized by symptoms of pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart.
- Crataegus oxyacantha: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating coronary insufficiency in people. This disorder cause problems in heartbeat.
- Digitalis: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating cardiac muscle failure. This disorder causes palpitation, tightness in the heart muscles and a suffocating sensation.
- Kalmia latifolia: This treatment is effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy, which causes the heart muscle to thicken, resulting in size reduction of the ventricles. This treatment is very effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy that results after rheumatism.
- Glonoinum: This homeopathic treatment is prescribed to treat symptoms of plaque buildup in the artery, which cause hypertension.
Related Tip: "5 Causes Of Heart Failure"
My cousin has 410 mg cholesterol level in body so what precautions he have to fallow pls suggest remedies, he usually nervous for mild reasons, every time feel in tense mood, over anxiety, feels fear for over future thinking's. Try to help me sir.
doctor i m 47 and weight 117kgs recently my bp cholesyerol sugar crossed border line and started taking pills metronyl 500, losar h, roseday but i m finding very difficult to woke up in the morning. is it because of overweight or my latenight sleep or my regular intake of 2 pegs, or because of bp sugar or bp.
I am having gas problem. Cholesterol is increased. The rating of cholesterol is 612. I think that my heart is going to fail.
How to use apple cedar vinegar to reduce cholesterol n blood sugar. Should cinnamon powder be mixed.
Respected sir, I am a male aged 45 years and suffering from BP and sugar my BP IS 140/90 fasting sugar is 165 and post lunch is 216 my weigh is 104 I am using ZORYL M2 FORTE for sugar and tazloc- CT 40 mg for bp still not under control can you suggest a good medicine with which I can improve my health thanking you.
My friend who is of 26 in age now have severe low blood pressure issue which does drop upto 60 -70 causing chest pain and blank out in front of eyes every now and then. Recently she told me about pain in her breasts and nipples and she even observed blood rolling down her nose. The situation of her is such that there is no one to listen to her and over the years, she have learned to suffer and sustain. Please revert.
Kindly suggest my husband having cholesterol n thyroid, levels r TSH 14.52, HDL 33, LDL 142, Cholesterol total 221, VLDL 45, Triglycerides225，Wat care shud I take, any precautions to take? His age is 30.
I am 49 years old, often I am facing gas/ acidity problem due to that I could not sleep well at night, already I have two cerebral attack in the year 2012, 29th August, and 2014, 29th December, what I will do? Some suggested for Carotid Doppler test, transesophageal RR Echo and Mr. angiography of aortic area to both cardiac test - what I will do? Pl immediately provide me your best opinion.
Done CT conory angio no blockage found except Long segment Myocardial Bridging in MID of LAD . All Dr. said nothing to worry its not trouble . But I still having continuous chest pain pls guide me on this issue TMT and Echo and ECG also normal. Pls guide on this problem is its life threatening and cause heart attack ?
Hi, Sometimes, I feel very uneasy to breathe. I feel pain in my chest, as if someone's squeezing my heart. The pain lasts for few seconds and will be normal again. Is this anything serious? Please let me know. Thanks!
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.