Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ThomasYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, please I need to know what cream to use to get rid of hyper pigmentation cause by sun exposure thanks.
Sir due to acne I got large pores on my face I used clindamycin and adenosine phosphate gel but it is of no use can you please help me to get rid of it.
I am losing hair quickly and have all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this.
For skin color improvement, doctor suggested to use bulima cream with an association of sunscreen and moisturizer. How to use this and how many Days do I need to use?
Hi I am having lot of hairfall, there is a small visible patch in the middle, please let me how can I treat the same, thanks .
I am 21 yr female I am having pimples from many yrs I have taken treatment also bt they keep arriving and there are lot of pimple marks please help how to get rid of it.
I am of 21 years and I have a migraine problem please suggest me a good medicine? And How to get rid of tanned skin?
I got pimples frequently and they will cure automatically 3to4 days but spots are remaining pls tell the solution.
I am 21 Year male, I started loss my hair and with the end of 1 year I loss a lot of hair from temple I am not totally bald. Does hair regrowth? Does masturbation affect hair loss?
Hi sir I am 27 years I have two baby girl I am fair all over the body but my face is very dark black but y I don't no I never use any creams to my face please tell me which is good to my skin and my skin is so oily and I am also over weight Ian feeding to my baby if I can take any medicines for that.
I was suffering from acne scars but now its cured but treatment causes arousal of small holes which makes my skin smoothness . Pls help me to solve this problem.
There is a dark black spot on my friend's face it is showing like a old wound. I have suggest him to use so many face wash and cream. But there is no any difference in that dark black spot. Please suggest.
Everyone loves healthy shiny hair. But in today's world many people are suffering from hair loss. Hair loss could be because of number of reasons such as aging, too much stress, smoking, hormonal imbalance, infections, use of wrong hair products, genetic factors and nutritional imbalances.
Our scalp consists of about 100,000 strands of hair and it is normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. It is only when you start losing more than that some medical intervention is required.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
First of all, it is very important to detect the root cause of your hair loss at an early stage. Once it is detected, it becomes easy to treat it. Following home remedies can be tried to prevent it at first stage:
- Avoid excessive or chronic stress or at least learn to release your stress.
- Avoid "crash diets" for rapid weight loss.
- Quit excessive smoking.
- In case of any hormonal imbalance see your doctor immediately who will then advise you to undergo proper treatment.
- Observe if any medicine you are taking is leading to hair fall. Call upon your doctor to replace it with some other medicine.
- Eat a healthy diet with enough proteins, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamin, and minerals to support healthy hair growth.
- Make sure you receive enough iron to avoid symptoms causing anaemia. Avoid overdose of vitamin A.
HAIR FALL TREATMENT
There are a couple of treatments available for hair loss which includes medications, surgery, laser therapy, and wigs or hairpieces.
There are only two medications available to treat pattern baldness which are FDA approved. These medicines are:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine). Minoxidil is an over-the-counter liquid or foam that you need to apply onto your scalp. This is to be applied twice a day to grow hair and to prevent further hair loss. It takes at least 16 weeks to show the effects. However you can have scalp irritation and unwanted hair growth your face and hands while taking this medicine.
- Finasteride (Propecia). This medicine is prescribed if you don't respond to minoxidil. This medicine is to be taken daily in the form of a pill. You need to keep taking it to retain benefits. However, there are some side effects of taking this medication which include diminished sex drive and sexual function and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
In case you don't respond to any of the above mentioned medicines your dermatologist might advise you to undergo hair transplant or restoration surgery. During this procedure, the surgeon removes a part of your skin and then implants it on your scalp. Such procedures are generally expensive. There is also a risk of infection and scarring.
Wigs and Hairpieces-
You can also use a wig to hide your baldness if you do not want to undergo any surgery or are irresponsive to above medications.