Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dear doctors, me and my wife are newly married couple. We start sex. But we affried for pregnancy. We do not want child now. Her period is going to start after 6-7 days. What should we do. If we want to do unprotected sex. Help me ASAP.
My date came on 3 sept. But bleeding was very little. 4 days only one drop came. And on 21 sept I have checked pregnancy that was positive. Doctor check urine test that was positive. So really am I pregnant?
Miscarriage basically refers to the phenomenon, when a developing embryo or the foetus in a pregnant woman dies a natural death, before it can manage to survive on its own. The common signs of miscarriage are vaginal bleeding accompanied with pain. It leads to depression, anger and guilt. The reasons for miscarriage are manyincluding use of tobacco, smoking, diabetes, extreme obesity, drug or alcoholic addiction. Here are some important signs that indicate you might be miscarrying:
- Bleeding: Recurrence of bleeding, which keeps on starting and stopping indicates the downfall of your hormonal balance. You must get your pregnancy hormone levels checked. Very intense bleeding, which accounts for soaking your pad within an hour is an indication of the beginning of a miscarriage. However, bleeding is a common factor in normal pregnancy as well.
- Cramps: Severe cramps in the vaginal region, accompanied by very heavy breathing and suffocation are other signs that you might be headed for a miscarriage. Sometimes, bleeding occurs along with the cramping.
- Disappearance of Pregnancy Symptoms: If you are pregnant, but the signs and symptoms of pregnancy start disappearing, a miscarriage may be indicated. However, it might not be the first major signal. For normal pregnant women, the signs of pregnancy do not appear for many days. You may not feel nauseated or your breasts do not get sore. For ten to fourteen weeks, this phenomenon is a normal one. However, in case it continues for a more prolonged duration, it might be an early sign of miscarriage.
- Pregnancy test results vary between positive and negative: Results of a pregnancy test done very early may vary between positive and negative. This is completely normal. In case of obtaining the same results when you are already over two weeks pregnant, it may indicate a miscarriage. You might be having an ectopic pregnancy. Spotting is also noticed in the vaginal region. If you had a pregnancy test showing positive results, but the results come negative after re-taking the test a few weeks later, it is high time for you to consult a gynaecologist. You have to deal with ectopic pregnancy before choosing a surgical path. Varying results signify that something is wrong. The urine produced by the body is less concentrated.
A case of miscarriage is very painful for the pregnant woman as well as her family. You should keep healthy, and avoid all bad habits to keep away from miscarriage.
Fibroid size of uterus is non-harmful till what size, my sis is 10cm, not willing for surgery, is it an emergency.?
I am 28 years old female, now I am 3 months pregnant I feel likes baby is moving inside. Is it possible in 3 months.
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems, but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Healp adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Healp children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
Hello sir, I got my periods on 30 April n got fresh on 5 may BT yesterday my periods started again after 4 days of fresh. N the flow as normal like asusal. I am afraid please give me any suggestion.
I had sex on 27th and I took ipill on 28th. After a week tt is on 4th I had sex again. Whr he never ejaculated inside me. N I even wiped his precum before he inserted. And now on 6th day after my last intercourse (12th day after taking ipill) I have vaginal bleeding. M I pregnant? Shud I be worried?
Here are 6 mistakes women frequenty make without realising it-
1) Not Initiating Sex: It is a myth that women are not interested in sex as much as men. Neither should men have to be the traditional intiators. In fact, because most guys feel that they are always the initiators, it tends to set up disequilibrium on the passion levels in the relationship. Women must show interest by taking the first step every now and then. Your partner will really appreciate it, and it will also be very satisfying for you.
2) Not Guiding Him: It might be awkward for a woman to directly talk about what she wants, but it is the only way to lead your man to understand what works for you. If you let your man know what you like and what you do not, it is easier for him and makes for a good experience for both.
3) Bothering About Your Looks: Accept and appreciate your body. Concerns about how you look, during intercourse stops you from enjoying yourself and ruins your chances of achieving an orgasm. Men want their partners to abandon themselves during the act. All they really care about is your enthusiasm, energy, interest and flexibity.
4) Assuming Men Are Casual About It: It is a myth that men are not romantic or take sex casually. It is important for them. Both men and women find sexual intimacy in the context of a committed relationship to be much more satisfying.
5) Assuming He Should Be Up For It Always: There are many aspects of life that men, just like you, deal with daily. The pressures of daily rouitne -- work, family, bills – sometimes affects a man’s libido. Women tend to be surprised by this and often take a man’s lack of interest in sex personally. Give your man space to be and accept things naturally.
6) Getting Upset When He Suggests Something New: Men like to experiement. And if he suggests something new that you cannot appreciate, try to convey it in a very subtle manner. Do not get upset. Always talk about your comfort level and discuss openly about moral grounds.
Have any further questions on your sexual health and relationships? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
There are certain changes that are noticed in the body post-pregnancy. One such change that might affect you is an overactive bladder. Usually, depending on the amount of liquid that goes into the body, an individual urinates eight to ten times a day. But post-pregnancy this statistic might increase to around ten to twelve times a day. While urinating helps the body to get rid of excessive body wastes, extreme urinating would also get rid of the necessary minerals and liquid that the body requires for its proper functioning. However, overactive bladders are quite common in women who have delivered and can be treated smoothly. Here are some of the top ways in which you can treat your overactive bladder post your pregnancy:
Losing Weight: A woman gains a lot of weight post pregnancy. This weight needs to be reduced through simple exercises and a proper balanced diet. Reduction of the post pregnancy weight helps in controlling the overactive bladder to a certain extent.
Avoiding Alcohol, Spicy and Acidic Food: Alcohol, spicy and acidic food actually creates havoc in the excretory system. Their compounds are such that these enable the body to get rid of water and necessary elements from the body. In fact, the power of urine itself is reduced, making discharging urine with high water content. This would make you more thirsty resulting in over-urinating at times. Similar conditions arise in the body when you consume coffee which contains caffeine and chocolate. Although, having a little bit of chocolate now and then does not really affect the system to quite an extent.
Exercises: Each exercise is carefully tuned to help a particular part of the body. For reducing the over activeness of your bladder, pelvic exercises are the best that you can carry out even for thirty minutes a day. Exercises would help you to remain active, shed the excess weight as well as manage your urination.
Avoid Smoking: Out of the many health hazards that arise out of smoking, one of them is the extreme urge to urinate often after pregnancy. Thus, to avoid over urination it is advised to refrain from smoking for some time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to control the situation. In case you are embarrassed to go out in the public like this, you can always use incontinence pads. However, if the problem persists even after trying out all the said methods, then it would be in your best interest to take expert advice from the doctors.
Hi From a long time I have been experiencing some problems with my sex life at the time of excitement I could not be able to erect my penis at adesired level. I have been experiencing inguinal herniya from my childhood what should I do.
Actually My marriage has been completed 6 years and no progress in respect of child being done so far I checked myself.
I have white discharge problem. Many times I take medicines but again and again it happens. Due to which I feel tired and back pain also. please tell me how to cure this problem permanently?
I am married on 04/05/14, I missed period on 26/09/14, consult gynecologist & doctor confirmed pregnancy on 08/10/14, unfortunately some problems continuous bleeding started early morning on 10/10/14 consult doctor she advice abortion. After abortion, I was consult another gynecologist for irregular periods & pregnancy. After two months periods on time to time. Doctor advice pregnancy course on 01/07/15 folinine- daily once, miprogen 200mg - daily once after some months missed period on 21/09/15 doctor confirmed pregnancy on 26/09/15 by urine test. My thyroid report on 25/09/15 (tsh) -7.89ml & consult thyroid specialist & doctor adviced thyronorm 100mg daily early morning once. Gynecologist advice medicines on 26/09/15 miprogen 200mg tablets - daily twice neogest 200mg injection - weekly once folinine - daily once doctor advised 1st scanning on 09/10/15 scan report is 3mm size small gestational sac like structure noted at fundamental endometrium & review the scan after 10 days. After I meet doctor on 22/10/15 doctor advised stop the medicines and scan. My 2nd scanning report on 23/10/15 sac notified but not cardiac activity. Doctor see the scan report and advice for abortion after getting bleeding. After 5 days I don't get bleeding & consult doctor. Doctor advised duphaston 10mg tablets daily twice for 5 days and after 5 days consult me. After take one tablet on 27/10/15 evening 6pm after light bleeding is coming & pain in abdomen. What I do, tell me I am having healthy pregnancy or not. Please help me. These are abortion symptoms or not. Please help me.
Health benefits of ginger
1) digestive issues
2) ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
3) pain reduction
4) the anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis
5) ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain
6) ginger may lower cholesterol levels
7) ginger may lower blood sugars and reduce the risk of heart disease.