Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan KembhaviYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years old. Last month i. E. On 1 st april 2015 I had mild heart attack now I am on medication since 0ne month. I gone through blood test which shows esoniphil levels 13.5 and plate late count also shows more which abnormal I would like to know because of heart medication these levels shows high or there is any health problem. My bilirubin also high.
Coronary artery disease is the disease in which the major blood vessels (coronary arteries) that supply blood, nutrients and oxygen to your heart get damaged or disease stricken. It is mostly caused due to the coronary artery getting plagued or inflamed. The consequent reduction in blood flow to the heart causes the various symptoms of coronary artery disease like angina (chest pain), short breath etc.
Here is a list of a few symptoms that help in identification of the coronary artery disease.
1. Angina - Pressure or tightness may be felt in or near the area of the chest that results in pain. It is mostly felt in the middle or left side of the chest.
2. Shortness of breath - Another symptom of coronary artery disease is short breath, fatigue and a feeling of exertion.
3. Heart attack - Complete blockage of the coronary artery results in a heart attack that is a prominent symptom of coronary artery disease. A person may feel heavy pressure in the chest, pain in the shoulder or arm, sweating etc. prior to getting a heart attack.
Coronary artery disease occurs when damage or injury is done to the inner layer of the coronary artery. This damage causes plaque, which are deposits made of fat, cholesterol and other cellular waste materials to accumulate near the damaged area of the artery. This process is known as atherosclerosis.
The various causes that result in coronary artery damage are listed below.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- High stress
- Physical inactivity
Sir, I'm 21 years old. In ECG my first degree av block (PR 228). And echo cardiograph and lipik profile are normal. Many time my heart beat more then 110/ minute. And in night many time slow less 65. I'm very upset. Many time heart beats missing. please what can I do? And it is serious problem or not. Thanks.
Good afternoon sir/madam, Mere friend ko parso se khasi hai jiski wajah se uske sine me dard hota mai suggest medicine Thanks
Dear sir What are reason for high cholestrol and how to make it normal I am 34 year old my cholstrol is above 240 my height is 5 Feet 3 inch and 107 kg weight.
If being vegetarian helps in controlling the cholesterol. Benefits in uplifting the mood, keeps your heart good then why every gym person is suggested to take chicken and fish. Why doctors advise to a patient who is weak to start taking near soup, eggs and also to ear chicken. I am asking this question because I just read an article on encouraging people to ear only vegetarian food. No body builder, athlete, boxer, actors can survive without non vegetarian food. So much do, in West you hardly see vegetarian people. It is strange to see the quiz where they emphasized to being vegetarian.Please tell.
What type of foods does heart patients should take please suggest. My Mother was a heart patient .we decide to provide her Spinach, fish,apple and promoganate and milk. Is it correct diet for heart patient?
My blood pressure is high and cholesterol is high. so please refer any medicine and precautions for the same.?
I am 30 years old man, I always getting angry very quickly and rapid heart beat, how can I control this.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.