Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
The Second Trimester: What You Need to Know
During your second trimester prenatal visits, your health care provider will continue to check on your and your baby’s health, including monitoring the fetal heartbeat.
The second trimester is the most physically enjoyable for most women. Morning sickness usually lessens by this time, and the extreme tiredness and breast tenderness usually ease up.
Your fetus has now developed all its organs and systems and will now begin to grow in length and weight.
You may be able to feel the movement of the fetus for the first time at around 20 weeks. This phenomenon is called quickening.
A fetus born at the end of 24 weeks may survive in a neonatal intensive care unit.
Prenatal Visits During the Second Trimester
During your second and third trimester prenatal visits, your health care provider may check the following, depending on your current medical condition and the health of the fetus:
Any current symptoms or discomforts
Your blood pressure
Urine test. This is done to find albumin, a protein that may indicate pre-eclampsia or toxemia, and glucose (which may indicate hyperglycemia).
Growth, size and development of the fetus
Size of the uterus. After approximately 12 weeks of gestation, the uterus can be felt through the abdominal wall.
Height of the fundus (top of the uterus), starting at 20 weeks of gestation
The Second Trimester: What to Expect
The second trimester marks a turning point for the mother and fetus. You will usually begin to feel better and start showing the pregnancy more. Your fetus has now developed all its organs and systems and will now begin growing in length and weight.
During the second trimester, the umbilical cord continues to thicken as it carries nourishment to the fetus. However, harmful substances also pass through the umbilical cord to the fetus, so care should be taken to avoid alcohol, tobacco and other known hazards.
During the second trimester, both your body and the fetus continue to grow.
The Second Trimester: Changes to Your Body
The second trimester is the most physically enjoyable for most women. Morning sickness usually lessens by this time, and the extreme tiredness and breast tenderness usually ease up. These changes can be attributed to a decrease in levels of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone and an adjustment to the levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones.
The following is a list of changes and symptoms that may happen during the second trimester:
Appetite may increase.
You may be able to feel the movement of the fetus for the first time around 20 weeks. This phenomenon is called quickening.
The uterus grows to the height of the bellybutton around 20 weeks, making the pregnancy visible.
The skin on the belly may itch as it grows, and there may be pain down the sides of the body as the uterus stretches. The lower stomach may ache as ligaments stretch to support the uterus.
The need to urinate often may decrease as the uterus grows out of the pelvic cavity, relieving pressure on the bladder.
Your nose may become congested, and you may experience nosebleeds. This is due to the increase in hormones (estrogen and progesterone) and blood flow that affect the mucous membranes and blood vessels in the nose.
Your gums become spongier and may bleed easily. This is due to the increase in hormones (estrogen and progesterone) that affect the mucous membranes in the mouth.
You may have a white-colored vaginal discharge called leukorrhea. (A colored or bloody discharge may signal possible complications and should be examined immediately.)
The increasing weight gain may cause backaches.
Skin pigmentation may change on the face or abdomen due to the pregnancy hormones.
The Second Trimester: Fetal Development
Click Image to Enlarge
Now that all the major organs and systems have formed in the fetus, the following six months will be spent growing. The weight of your fetus will multiply more than seven times over the next few months, as the fetus becomes a baby that can survive outside of the uterus.
By the end of the second trimester, your fetus will be about 13 to 16 inches long and weigh about 2 to 3 pounds. Fetal development during the second trimester includes the following:
The fetus kicks, moves and can turn from side to side.
The eyes have been gradually moving to the front of the face, and the ears have moved from the neck to the sides of the head. The fetus can hear your voice.
A creamy white substance (called vernix caseosa, or simply vernix) begins to appear on the fetus and helps to protect the thin fetal skin. Vernix is gradually absorbed by the skin, but some may be seen on babies even after birth.
The fetus is developing reflexes, like swallowing and sucking.
The fetus can respond to certain stimuli.
The placenta is fully developed.
The brain will undergo its most important period of growth from the fifth month on.
Fingernails have grown on the tips of the fingers and toes, and the fingers and toes are fully separated.
The fetus goes through cycles of sleep and wakefulness.
Skin is wrinkly and red, covered with soft, downy hair (called lanugo).
Hair is growing on the head of the fetus.
Fat begins to accumulate in the fetus.
Eyelids are beginning to open, and the eyebrows and eyelashes are visible.
Fingerprints and toeprints have formed.
Rapid growth is continuing in fetal size and weight.
The 20th week marks the halfway point of the pregnancy.
A fetus born at the end of 24 weeks may survive in a neonatal intensive care unit.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.
My girlfriend has not got periods since 1 month. This has happened before too. What could be the reason?
HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
CHANGING TO A HEALTHIER lifestyle will improve your chances of living longer and enhance your quality of life. To find out exactly how healthy your current lifestyle choices about diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking, and stress.
Identify those aspects of your life that you want to change, then set yourself realistic targets to help boost your future health and wellbeing. To help your achieve your personal targets, turn to the pages listed where more detailed information and advices on that particular issue is provided.
ARE YOU EATING A HEALTHY DIET?
- Do you eat a lot of processed, convenience foods?
- Do you treat yourself to sweet snacks such as chocolate or cookies?.
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you eat late-night snacks?
- Do you go on diets, then gain the weight back in a few weeks?
- Do you usually choose white bread and pasta instead of the whole wheat varieties?
- Do you eat in restaurants more than three times a week?
- Do you need to take mutrient supplements?
- Do you often eat on the run?
Lastly Opt Homoeopathy for your family health......
Future Scope Of Homoeopathy
It will be the second most sought after system , second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics , in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs , for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases , it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases , it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more .And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk . Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis –Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis ,glaucoma ,recurrent stye or hordeolum. etc
Allergic rhinitis ,recurrent tonsillitis ,pharyngitis, epistaxis,adenoiditis,chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear ,sinusitis ,nasal polyp,laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders,infertility, and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes,night sweats, headaches,fatigue,anxiety and depression . Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception,reduce morning sickness,remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia ,Mania , Depression , Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety , Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders ,Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia ,Social phobias ,Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism , diabetes and adrenal problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE ENOUGH?
- Can you climb three flights of stairs without becoming breathless and exhausted?
- Do you sometimes walk or cycle instead of driving or talking the bus or train?
- Do you exercise three times a week?
- When exercising do you always warm up properly?
- Do you wear all the necessary safety equipment when exercising or playing a sport?
If you answered No to the first there questions, you are out of shape. To keep fit, you should exercise vigorously for 20 minutes, three times a week . it is easy to start. Answering No to the last two questions means you are not exercising safely and could injure yourself. Learn to exercise safely.
ARE YOU ABUSING YOUR BODY?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke cigars or a pipe?
- Have you tried to stop smoking and failed?
- Do you regularly drink more than the recommended limits for alcohol intake?
- Do you drink when you are alone?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happened the night before when you have been out drinking?
If you answered YES to the first two questions you should stop smoking. If your answered YES to any of the last three questions, you need to cut down on your drinking.
ARE U UNDER STRESS?
- Do you feel that your never have enough time to do all the things you have to do?
- Is your home life a source of stress and conflict?
- Is your job highly stressful?
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may not be dealing with stress very well. Find out how to cope with stress better, see if you have any of the early signs of too much stress, discover how stress can make you ill, and learn what to do if stress is making you anxious or depressed.
My wife is 30 weeks pregnant. Last two days she told heavy pain whenever baby movement happened. Back pain and stomach pain. Is this normal or ? Last week Dr. Told stomach looks upside. So may be possible early delivery.
If sex done before 2 days of periods date and after that if periods are delayed by 11 days is there a chance of pregnancy.
Beat Summer Heat
Beat Summer Heat with Fruit Juice:
Its advisable that you indulge yourself in these tasty and nutritional drinks and enjoy your summer without any health hassles. Glucose and fructose are the two sugar components which are essential for the body mainly during summer. Most of the people usually love to drink fruit juice than to get rid from fiber. But its recommended to have juice with fiber. Lets see some of the fruit juices which beat the heat in summer.The hot summer day will no more be irritating for you if you can actually get wonderful remedy through these summer juices.
Top fresh fruit juices for summer:
1. Lemon juice – Lemon juice together with ginger offers good anti melanoma properties. This fruit juice is high in vitamin C which is best for stomach related problems. Lemon ginger juice can also be beneficiary for skin, hair and nicotine gum problems.
2. Water melons juice — Tasty melons are best t beat the heat this summer. It helps in reducing the risk of Kidney problems, particularly formation of kidney stones. This fruit juice is also perfect for skin problems like zits. Peel and also grind the actual fruit to get the juice extract. It’s best to take this juice without sugar.
3. Mango juice – The king of fruits is available during summertime and is considered to be the best to helps control health issues. This fruit juice is high in vitamins, minerals and iron which is much required in the hot summer season. Its considered to be a pressure buster as it offers good anti melanoma properties, aids in controlling and preventing heart and tummy related problems.
4.Sugarcane juice: Sugar cane juice prevents the heat stroke in the summer. It helps in fighting the common infections and gives instant energy. It is rich in antioxidants, glucose, magnesium, calcium and potassium. If you want to gain instant hydration then drink sugarcane juice.
5.Tender coconut water: Tender coconut will cool the digestive system. Normally during summer body’s immune system tends to function low. Sugar water and low fat provides nutrients and oxygen to the body cells and keep the body hydrated. Tender coconut helps to recover from diarrhea, reduces risk of kidney stones and adds a glow in skin.
My Brother is having cough with breathing problem and high Fever. On XRay it was shown that the left side of lung is totally covered with fluid. Sir, can you tell me what is the problem? His age is 17.
I'm 25 years old. I used unwanted 72 after that my period came 26th oct. With is a early period. Now there is no sign of my period. 26th Nov is passed. It's already 5 days late. What to do.
I had a cramps and period like pain before my periods starts and yesterday was my 30th day of cycle and it ended with blood flow which was not like regular periods. And on today it was only just a drop of blood. Usually every month I have a good flow of blood during period till three days. And on the other hand I am taking the tables of vaginal infection and uti infctn. The consumption of these antibiotics have lead to minimum count of blood or is this is a implantation bleed as from today I do not experience any cramps nor blood. Pls answer me quickly as we r trying to conceive. Thanx.
In my wife's breasts before menstruation becomes lumpy internal conflicts comes with inflammation stiffness which is quite uncomfortable. Please advise the pain is too much. before some time took medicine for pregnancy.
Hi, I am married and 27 years old. After trying alot I am unable ti get a baby. So please can you help me out in this?
Since childhood, I have felt inferiority from my own parents. They just provide me enough money to build my career, but the rest part is done by me. Its just my boyfriend who does all the work that should be done by a parent. I used to cry till now feeling so low. Whenever I ask regarding this, my parents ignore saying there is nothing like that. But they constantly make me feel undeserving. But I got placed in tcs now. And they are happy to say that to people. I mean I understand they are but I could see the fakeness clear enough. And I do not know what to do. Now too they do the same, the difference is now I cry rarely and feel extreme pain all over me. What should I do?
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.