Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan Gadam
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan GadamYour feedback matters!
Good and comfertable
क्या प्रेग्नसि टेस्ट किट से एक महीना पूरा होने से कुछ दिन पहले टेस्ट कर सकते है क्या ये सही result देगा
I had unprotected sex three days ago and took an ipill after an hour .and today also the same thing happened is it ok to take an ipill .cuz he didn't ejaculate inside. But still I'm.a lil worried. If I take another pill will it effect my health.
My wife has done ultrasonography today. There found. Ovaries: Right overy is enlarged (71×55 mm) with few (3 in no.) well defined anechoic cysts, largest measuring 37×26 mm Left overy is normal in size (38×18 mm) with a small cysts measuring 17×12 mm. IMPRESSION: bilateral Iberian cysts as described. Now what will I do. Plz, suggest me.
Now this is a very interesting topic. We have always focused on food items which help raise platelet counts. So, this topic is equally important, if not more. This blog lists various food items that are best avoided in patients having low platelet counts. Scientific evidence is lacking, in majority, on why these food items are best avoided. Most of these are gradual observations that people have noticed over the years.
So the list goes as :
- Ginkgo Biloba – used as a memory enhancer
- Ginseng – used as energy boosting supplement
- Raw garlic
- Omega three intake foods – fish etc
- Red wine
- Pineapple – which are considered as antiplatelet agents
- Fruits and vegetables that contain “salicyclates” - such as cucumbers, mushroom, raddish, berries, cherries. Salicyclates act as blood thinners and prevent clotting
- Coffee – it is not the caffeine but phenolic acids present in coffee that are the culprit.
- Foods containing quinine – ex. Tonic water – a bitter liquid which is used as a mix for alcoholic drinks
- Foods containing Aspartame: Aspartame is a low calorie sweetener. It is used in diet sodas, energy drinks, protein shakes, flavoured milk and juices, breath mints and jellies. In fact ice-creams, and chewing gums and ketchups may also contain aspartame.
The above food items are to be best avoided if you suffer from dengue.
But if your low platelet counts are diagnosed due to autoimmune diseases ( such as celiac disease), then additionally you need to take an anti-inflammatory diet along with avoidance of gluten containing foods. Now gluten containing foods are wheat, barley, rye and other grains. So these items should not be consumed if you suffer from celiac disease – a type of autoimmune disease. Anti-inflammatory diet means including fresh food in diet, minimize processed food and fast food, eat more fruits and vegetables, restrict caloric intake to 2000 to 3000 calories per day in adults. Of this caloric intake, 40-50% should come from carbohydrates, 30 % from fats, and 20 -30% from proteins.