Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Mitali JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 50 and diabetic for past 10 years. For about 6 months I am having allergies on any part of my body in the form of rashes. Pin pricking sensation in fingers and feet. Taking loratidine and now under control. Please suggest some remedy.
I am male 33years diabetic since 1 year sugar is under control weight 70kg. Can I eat 7/6 dates in morning.
I suffer from hypothyroid for the past 3 years. Recently I had a thyroid test done and myT3 has shot up to 800 from previous test of 52. My T4 and TSH are normal. What does this mean? Is it anything to be worried about.
I am 63 years old. Have normal sugar level 120( fasting) / 180(pp), taking amryl2, but no action. Please suggest a good medicine. Thanks.
My mom is 67 years old and she is a diabetic. Her fasting blood sugar is 166 and 2 hours after eating it is 190 to 230. Is it good? What should be the feasible curative steps for it?
I am 46 years old male. I have been diagnosed with Thyroid. Will I be required to take medicine for rest of my life? Is there cure for Thyroid?
My mother-in-law is diabetic & under medication for the same. A couple of days back around 9am she felt weak & giddy. We asked her to lie down & immediately gave her some sugar to chew. She was not responding to us & was giving blank looks. After some time she got up and started going around normally but the previous 3 hours activity was erased from her mind. What could be the reason? whether we were correct in giving her sugar to eat? any test required?
I am diabetic and having Gluconorm SR 1gm OD, Amaryl MP-OD, Tonact 20 OD and Olmesar A OD. Sugar Level is FF-230, PP 280, Creatinine- 0.09, HbA1c 8%. Can u suggest better medicing for lowering sugar level
I am 36 years old, recently detected thyroid. Please tell me how to care my health. Food, exercises etc.
Nutritious and healthy food is capable of arresting or even reversing diabetes. Here is a list of 13 such wondrous foods that, if eaten consistently, will ward off diabetes -
1. Sweet potatoes: Unlike regular potatoes, sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and Vitamin A along with a low Glycemic index.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes offset diabetes with its nutrients like Vitamin C, E, and iron. They can be eaten raw as well as cooked.
3. Fish: Consume fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and halibut etc that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Cook them in a simple way rather than deep-frying.
4. Apples: Apples are full of fiber and low in calories. Thus, they are able to effectively fight bad cholesterol and diabetes. It is best to eat them with their skin.
5. Avocado: This fruit comes packed with monounsaturated fats and balances blood sugar level. It also contains good fat that is capable of reversing insulin resistance.
6. Berries: Almost all kinds of berries are rich in antioxidants and fiber. They boost the production of insulin and lower down blood sugar.
7. Broccoli: Broccoli contains chromium that stabilizes levels of blood sugar.
8. Carrots: Carrots are extremely rich in beta-carotene that is known to lower the chances of diabetes.
9. Flaxseed: These are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium and good fats. They are known to helps cells in absorbing insulin.
10. Yogurt and Skim Milk: These dairy products are rich in calcium and protein for fighting against insulin resistance that leads to diabetes.
11. Oatmeal: Oatmeal comes loaded with soluble fiber that helps in delayed conversion of consumed carbohydrate into blood sugar.
12. Almonds: Regular intake of 4-5 almonds daily reduces the risk of diabetes as well as cardiovascular disease.
13. Garlic: Garlic is known to elevate the insulin level in the blood. It is rich in Allicin and vitamin B thiamine that activates pancreas for the production of insulin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics
I am 52 years old Indian male. My height is 168 cms and my weight is 101 kgs. I am diabetic (H1 BC=6.8) and hypertensive taking regular tablets for both these ailments. I workout 4-5 times a week which has made substantial improvement to my blood sugar levels. But despite efforts I am unable to lose weight. Please help.
There are a number of lifestyle ailments that plague people around the world. Cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes are just a few of them. Diabetes means your blood sugar level, called glucose, is too high. Blood glucose is the main kind of sugar found in your blood and is supposed to be your main source of energy. Glucose originates from the food that you eat and is additionally made in your liver and muscles. Your blood supplies glucose to the rest of your body's cells to use as a source of energy.
Your pancreas are situated between your stomach and spine. It assists with absorption of glucose from food and discharges a hormone called insulin, into your blood. Insulin helps your blood transport glucose to all your body's cells. In some cases your body doesn't make enough insulin or the insulin doesn't work the way it ought to. Glucose then stays in your blood and doesn't reach your cells.
The signs and symptoms of diabetes are as follows:
Being extremely thirsty
Getting thinner without attempting
Wounds that mend gradually
Dry, bothersome skin
Feeling of pins and needles in your feet
Losing sensation in your feet
Type 1 diabetes is found mostly in youngsters. In type 1 diabetes, your body does not make insulin or enough insulin because of the the body's vulnerable immune system. It protects you from contamination by getting rid of bacteria, infections, and other destructive substances.
Treatment for type 1 Diabetes:
Taking regular injections of insulin
Medicines as prescribed by the specialist
Healthy food choices
Being physically active
Controlling your circulatory strain levels. Circulatory strain is the pressure of blood flow inside your veins.
Controlling cholesterol levels
Type 2 diabetes can influence individuals at any age. It is known to affect moderately aged and elderly individuals. People who are overweight and inert are more prone to type 2 Diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes normally starts with insulin resistance, a condition that happens when fat, muscle and liver cells do not utilise insulin to supply glucose to the body's cells to draw energy. Accordingly, the body needs more insulin to help glucose enter the cells. At such an instance, the pancreas start producing more insulin. Over the long haul, the pancreas do not make enough insulin when glucose levels increase, for example, after meals. If your pancreas can no more make enough insulin, you should treat your type 2 diabetes.
Treatment for type 2 Diabetes:
Utilising diabetes prescriptions
Settling on solid food decisions
Being physically active
Controlling your circulatory strain levels
Controlling your cholesterol levels
Weight loss is the most important if you are overweight. Avoid junk food and sugar, exercise regularly and take medicines on-time.
- Regular follow-up to a physician is important
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.