Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mini PanikerYour feedback matters!
Hello, my wife is a nursing a 22 days old baby, my query is that what kind of food she can have as the baby born is through a cesarean delivery. What kind of food is preferred and which one to avoid Regards.
Doctor I have checked pregnancy with I can pregnancy kit early morning. It showed me negative. Now also I have not got my periods it 5 days late. What should I do now?
I'm 33 years old during my pregnancy last 2 back I foud that my scan report showed that i have poly cystic ovary. I asked my doctor about it but din get a proper answer about it. How do I get these out and I want to have another child which is not happening. I had these cysts even when I concived the first child.
I am a 21 year old girl, having poly cystic ovary syndrome Is there any cure of this? What should I do to get rid of it? Could you please tell me everything about this disease?
6 common mistakes most women make that endanger their breast health
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones.
Weather sustain 200mg will increase the lethal phase after ovulation? And what is the maximum length of lethal phase? Bec my wifeclosed18 day after ovulation today.
The research shows that eating walnuts can positively affect various heart health markers for example consuming to walnuts can reduce total cholesterol raise hdl (good) cholesterol reduce inflammation and show marked improvement in arterial function. It also helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in older adults and decrease the number and size of tumours in breast and prostate cancer in animal models.
Eating anything in excess can lead to weight gain, but potatoes in moderation are a great way to stay on track for your weight loss goals. Potatoes are considered starches, which fills up the stomach in the same way as bread or other high-fiber foods, making you feel full and satisfied. The specific type of carbohydrates found in potatoes are also more resistant to digestion, and are not “simple” sugars, so these are instead converted directly to energy, and can boost the metabolism, helping to burn even more calories and keep you in better shape.
Hi sir, I'm 18 years old I'm having a pain under my right breast since 2 days Today the pain is unbearable I wear lingerie whole day and even at night while sleeping due to family customs Plzz suggest me any medicines or cream to recover.
After 3 months of C section delivery of boy the menstrual period is not occurring is there is any alarming or can you tell me how long it will take for my next period?
Hi doctor, I have 1 problem called pcos. I want to know how it will impact on married life since I am planning to get married? also I want to know what all complications will be there. Is there are any other disease that are related to this problem like ovarian cancer or diabetes? Dr. Put me on 6 months medication (tablet name: dronis30. So after medication I will be totally cured or I have to take any other treatment. Please reply. Thanks.
I am just married and I want to know how I can sex with my wife without condom on ,not making her pregnant.
I am married since 2000. During periods the sexual thirst of my partner arises considerably forcing me to have sex on 4th day when bleeding stops considerably. please advise me whether this sexual activity is safe. Whether I should go for deep penetration.
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition where a woman has extremely painful periods. While menstruation is normal, it is very painful. This is caused by disorders like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, use of intrauterine contraceptive device or endometriosis. Many women assume that pain is normal and must be tolerated.
Few ways to deal with dysmenorrhoea are:
1. It’s Ok To Take Pain Relievers: To relieve the pain, simple analgesics like paracetamol and aspirin can be taken.
2. Anti-inflammatory Drugs Can Taken: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to deal with dysmenorrhoea and most women are known to feel relief from the pain.
3. Fish Oils Capsules: Fish oil capsules which contain Omega 3 fatty Acids are also a good option to use when troubled with severe menstrual pain.
4. Prefer Light Diet: A few minor dietary changes can also help. Eating low fat vegetarian food especially on the days of the periods can prove to be helpful.
5. Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: It is said that exercise can reduce the pain of dysmenorrhoea. Sedentary lifestyle is not good for the uterus region and it is advisable to indulge in regular exercises.
6. Use Heat Therapy: Heat therapy is a common and effective way to deal with dysmenorrhoea. Keeping a hot water bag on the region of the pain is known to soothe the pain and help relax the muscles.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi my question is I am still not pregnant and what is my health problem, my marriage life is completed 2years only please reply me your suggestion.
- Keep your activity on an even level. Avoid overexertion and emotional stress. Allow time for yourself to relax. Yoga, meditation or deep breathing can help manage stress and keep you fit.
- Improve sleep habits. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Limit daytime resting.
- Avoid taking caffeine and alcohol before bedtime. These may affect sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but not close to the bedtime. Experts suggest not exercising, at least, 3-4hours before bedtime.
- Limit artificial light at night. Use low wattage bulbs, cover windows, turn off the television and avoid using phones and computer screens in the dark.
- Increase exposure to sunlight at the day time. Keep the curtains open in the house.
- Have a healthy and antioxidant-rich diet which are high in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid packaged foods.