Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Minal M. ShahYour feedback matters!
I am having a proper six to eight hour sleep and balance diet and regular exercise. Can I have chances to develop a diabetes melitus?
diabetes. getting very hyper all the time. Getting very angry. As if brain does not work sometimes. Doctor please tel me what to do.
I am a student, I have to study well as well as I have to sleep enough. But I could hardly sleep for more than 5 hour because I have to wake up for my class on time. Only the solution for that is to sleep early, bt I tried my level best but I can't sleep until 3 am or 4 am and I have to wake up by 9 am. Please give me solution which can help me to sleep on time.
I have diabetes since last 2 years. Can you please suggest diet plan and lifestyle to keep it under control. I am taking both allopathic and ayurvedic medicine.
I had a chip fracture in my knee.in 2013. Doctors told me that it will settle with the time but it still hurts and I often face some veins and nerves pain.
I am dark at face but wheatish at rest of the body skin. Please advise how to match my body to face skin. I am 29 years old guy with rare exposure to sun. I have a oily skin.
Hi, I am a P. C. O. D patient. I was taking metformin, isofair, Diane, montlair lc since Jan 2013. I have also taken laser treatment for my facial hair. I stopped taking all the medicine 2 weeks ago. However I am experiencing excruciating pain in my upper left abdomen since 2 days. The pain keeps rotating. Also I feel feverish and pain in the back, neck and head. I even saw blood in my faces around 3 weeks ago. It's urgent please reply quickly. I am in deep pain.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.