Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Minakshi Nagvekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Minakshi NagvekarYour feedback matters!
Metabolism is the process through which cells inside your body participate in the disintegration of food nutrients into energy. This proves to be the driving fuel behind all essential functions of the body such as digestion, circulation, breathing, heart beat etc.
Check these 7 super facts about your metabolism.
1) body size decides metabolic need - the amount of nutrients required by your body in order to efficiently perform all its functions is determined by the size of the body. In addition, composition of the body also plays an important role, which refers to the number of fat tissues vs. Muscle tissues. Thus, a larger person is bound to possess a higher basal metabolic rate (bmr).
2) exercise aids in a higher metabolic rate - regular exercise goes a long way in boosting your bmr. Weight training increases muscle mass, thus making your body capable of burning calories at a faster pace.
3) crash diets often backfire - instead of causing rapid weight loss, crash dieting has been seen to have an adverse effect on the metabolic rate. This is due to the fact that it deprives you of certain essential nutrients and also fails to fulfill the daily minimum calorie requirement of the body.
4) aging slows metabolism - according to research, the metabolic rate begins its decline in your mid 20s and decreases approximately by two percent in a span of every 10 years. Increasing age leads to loss of muscle tissue and also results in reduced physical exercise; both contributing to a sluggish bmr.
5) men possess higher metabolic - it is a proven fact that men have a comparatively higher bmr than women. The efficiency of the body to burn energy is determined by the lean muscle mass, thus causing men to burn calories a lot faster than women.
6) your metabolism is linked to the thyroid gland - the thyroid gland, present at the frontal portion of the neck, acts as the control panel for a number of processes such as regulation of hormones, protein production etc. It completely controls metabolism as the rate of conversion of food into energy is under the supervision of the gland.
7) frequent meals aid higher metabolism - according to dieticians, taking small meals every 2-3 hours helps burn calories at a faster rate.
I got married in India in 2010. After a few months I came to know that my wife had large fibroids in her stomach that would affect delivery. After surgery to my wife, my daughter was delivered. After daughter's delivery doctor advised to remove the fibroids through surgery for my wife. She stayed at her home for some time, come back in 2012 saying she had recovered. However she had frequent fever, stomach pain, head ache, mood upset for a long time. When we went abroad in 2015 there again she suffered pain. When checked with the doctor doctor mentioned she had large fibroids. When we came back to India doctors in 2015 diagnosed her with 7 large fibroids both inside, outside uterus. In 2016 she took rest at her home. At the end of 2016 she came to my home. I am observing that she has lot of stomach pain, headache,fever, lot of mood upset. Even though she has put best efforts to do the kitchen work, take care of my daughter, her mood, anger gets ahead of herself. She becomes very angry against my daughter, myself. She does not participate in family activities at night time from quite a long time. In fact, she keeps a hand on her stomach and sleeps. I feel bad about her condition, offered to show her to a good gynaecologist. However she refuses and says that she is in good health condition and does not need to show to doctor. However she does not participate in night time activities nor interested in having any more kids. She is a good person. Her age is 40+ years old. I would like to know whether any treatment options are available for my wife so that she becomes better in her health condition. How I can take care of her if she is not willing to see doctor along with me. How I can make more kids with her, if it is possible.
insertion of IUCD in my wife five days ago. From the first day antibiotic starts, but excess lekoria leaks from vagina uptill now, if during leakage of lecoria we can intercross without any infection, or we should avoid uptill it clear.
Sir yesterday I have sex with my partner but I don't release sperm in her vagina is there any chance of pregnancy please help me I am so scared Thank you.
Hi, I was 8 days back sex with my wife Than my wife after 8 days in periods So my wife still pregnant or no.
My wife is suffering from pcod. Whether she ovulate? How to use ovulation detector kit and wen to use. We r planning for a child.
The sex center is in the limbic system near hypothalamus in the brain. The brain receives sensory signals and transmits messages to the muscles and blood vessels.
The sensory pathways especially from the five special senses- touch, sight, hearing, smell and taste - play an important role in the sexual arousal.
Pls say the pregnancy time food diet .sleeping times all the things which can do in pregnancy period.
Holistic science is taking centre stage once again, after their decline in the past centuries since the advent of contemporary medicine. Ayurveda is one such area that helps in reaching and curing the root cause of the ailment that a person may be facing. Couples facing problems or relationships problems are one such area that is also a part of this ancient Indian life science. Let us find out more about Ayurvedic Couple Counselling.
Transformation: Ayurveda seeks to reach the root cause of a problem and transform the life of the patient by dealing with the said problem. For couples, one of the most basic problems is that of stagnation. With the help of the transformation function, Ayurveda helps the two partners in finding a basis for dealing with the old by bringing in the new. In this kind of counselling, couples are usually asked to find something new in each other and things that they can do together to break from the same old routine. This creates a sense of excitement and makes for shared experiences.
Meditation: In Ayurveda, the couple undergoing counselling is usually asked to practice meditation together. This helps in grounding the couple as one unit as they breathe in and out together and get initiated through the path of meditation. With this, a union of the mind, the body and spirit can be possible on several levels where the couple can understand, guide and evolve with each other. When meditation is practiced by the couple together, it is a deeply connecting ritual that also builds intimacy on a whole other level of commitment and togetherness.
Intuition: All people go through change. When we marry, we are young and we subsequently grow old and older with each other. The objective is to grow old together rather than changing to a degree where one partner does not understand or relate with the other. So, as per Ayurveda, it is difficult to align with each other using a sense of intuition that will help in nurturing each other through change, rather than growing apart. This sense of intuition will also bring about better adaptability and adjustment.
Flow of Energy: The main energy between couple is emotion, which can be regulated with Chakra Healing. The play of emotions between two people is what binds together. But this where the subtle balance has to come about so that one does not get overwhelmed with the other. With the help of couples counselling in Ayurveda, the couple will be taught to channel the flow of energy in a positive way to manifest in understanding, good sexual relations, and harmony in cohabitation.
Some unique herbal combos, absolutely safe, are decided by Ayurveda doctor on the basis of feedback, if required. Being open with each other is the key to being happy with couple counselling in Ayurveda.