Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Minakshi NagvekarYour feedback matters!
Mine 1 st day menstrual was normal in flow but 2 nd day flow was reduced and 3 rd day again it was normal, can any one tell me why it happened like that?
I did vomiting yesterday before taking unwanted 72and after sex and I have also vomiting today before taking pain killer tablets. And I don't use condom yesterday during sex.
Are you concerned about being at the risk of having ovarian cancer? Ovarian cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in your ovaries. It leads to abnormal cells, which are capable of spreading to other parts of your body. The major symptoms of ovarian cancer that are experienced at later stages of the condition include pelvic pain, bloating, swelling and loss of appetite. There are several risk factors which increase your chance of developing ovarian cancer. The most important factors are as follows:
- Your chances of developing ovarian cancer increase with your age.
- The condition is uncommon in women below the age of 40 and most cases of ovarian cancer are likely to occur in women after menopause.
- Most cases of ovarian cancer are found in women who are above the age of 63.
- There is an association between obesity and the development of ovarian cancer. It has been observed that obese women are at a higher risk of getting an ovarian cancer.
- Reproductive history
- Women who have been pregnant and completed their term before the age of 23 are at a low risk of having ovarian cancer. The risk increases with each full term pregnancy and women who have a full term pregnancy after 35 are more likely to develop ovarian cancer.
- Birth control
- Women using birth control pills or oral contraceptives are at a lower risk of getting ovarian cancer.
- The risk gets lowered only after using the pills for a period of 3 to 6 months. The longer you use the pills, the less risk you are at.
- Fertility drugs
- According to studies, the use of a certain fertility drug for a period of more than one year increases your chances of developing ovarian tumours and hence, ovarian cancer.
- The risk is maximum in women who did not get pregnant while using the drug. These drugs increase the risk of ovarian tumours, which are called low malignant potential.
- Infertile women are usually at a higher risk of being affected by ovarian cancer, even if they do not use fertility drugs.
- These are male hormones. A certain drug that is used for increasing your androgen levels is associated with higher chances of developing ovarian cancer. However, this is not yet confirmed and more research is currently being undertaken to find out how much androgens are responsible for causing ovarian cancer.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor and undertake several tests and examinations. This will help in the proper diagnosis of your condition and regular screenings will help you to keep safe and know about any disruption in your ovaries that indicate ovarian cancer development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi doctor. I am having pain on my left breast regularly. Is it due to increase in size or due to reason that I go fr washroom late in the morning though I feel to go there early but due to laziness I still lie on bed. So please suggest me.
If I have oral and anus sex unprotected sex I tested for chlamydia in throat it and got negative if I have no oral Chlamydia do I have Chlamydia? I didn't test for anus.
I have lost my 2months baby & got my periods after 2month. Should I conceive or not and if its conceive is there any problems,
Hello, I am Dr. Tripti Raheja. I am working as senior consultant Gynaecology at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. Today we are going to discuss a very important topic that is Diabetes during Pregnancy. We call it Gestational Diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes is a very common condition that develops when the body can not produce Insulin to meet extra requirement during pregnancy. So, this leads to high blood glucose level. It affects 15-20% women during pregnancy. Chances of developing diabetes during pregnancy are more if the patient is obese or if there is any past history of Diabetes or if any family member suffers from diabetes. Usually, it develops n the middle or later part of the pregnancy.
So, to diagnose a Gestational Diabetes, we advise a test, which is called glucose tolerance test after 24-28 weeks of pregnancy. So, Gestational Diabetes is an easily treatable condition if it is diagnosed on time, if it is treated properly, if the sugar level is maintained in the body, so it leads to healthy pregnancy which is a healthy baby. But is it is not diagnosed and not treated, it will lead to various complications. Most important of these complications is a large sized baby. So, if the baby is excessively large then you likely to have caesarian section delivery. And if you have a normal delivery, there are more chances of tears or injuries to the birth canal and there are more chances of injury to the baby in the form of nerve injury or fractures. And the new born babies are likely to have fluctuation in the blood sugar level. Even in later stages, these babies are more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.
So, in order to avoid all these complications, it is advisable to diagnose this problem on time, take proper treatment and keep your sugar level in control. Most important treatment for GEstational Diabetes is maintaining a healthy diet plan and regular exercises. So, if you are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, you will be given a diabetic diet plan and advised for regular exercise for 30 minutes daily.
In 80-85% women, these two measures work nicely and blood sugar levels are controlled in a week or 2 weeks. But if the blood sugar levels are still high after 2 weeks of healthy diet and a regular exercise, then you need additional treatment in the form of Insulin.
The growth of the baby is continuously monitored during the pregnancy by repeated ultrasounds and scans. So, Gestational diabetes gets better immediately after the child birth.So, the child birth is planned around 38-40 weeks of pregnancy. It can be done by the mode of the Caesarian section or the normal delivery, depending on the individual circumstances. Immediately after the child birth, you are advised to stop all the medicines which you were taking for Diabetes or Insulin injections. Once you are discharged, it will be checked if you are sugar level has come to normal. THen again you will be advised to get your blood sugar test done after 6 weeks to 45 days after the delivery to check whether they have completely returned to normal. And if they are still abnormal, then you will have to refer a Diabetes specialist.
You should also have glucose tolerance test 6 to 8 weeks after your delivery. It is important to do this test to check if your blood sugar level has come to normal. In some women, the blood sugar level is found abnormal even after child birth and they may require continuous treatment. It is also advised that you should check your blood sugar level every year. And the women who had suffered from Gestational Diabetes, they are advised to check their blood sugar level after every 5 years.
In the end, I want to say that Gestational Diabetes is a very common problem but it can be diagnosed very easily and can be treated. If it is treated properly, it can lead to healthy pregnancy.
If you need further informatio, you can contact me through Lybrate where you can have text consultation and you also fix up an appointment at my clinic.